Can you all help me out?

Just a quick question, I have been on the forums for a bit now, and I never understood what it means by points.

Like, what do we get points for, what is there purpose?

Thanks in advance

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I remember a conversation with a mod about this before. They're the forums automatic warning system that it uses whenever someone gets a comment edited or deleted, alongside being jailed or tempbanned. They serve no purpose as the mod team use the whole escalation system of warning jail tempban perma ban

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I remember a conversation with a mod about this before. They're the forums automatic warning system that it uses whenever someone gets a comment edited or deleted, alongside being jailed or tempbanned. They serve no purpose as the mod team use the whole escalation system of warning jail tempban perma ban

    Damn, so the higher the points the closer one is to a ban??? Ouch

  • I didn’t realize we had points. How many gets in you the dog house? They ever go away?

  • 😂I always thought the point's had something to do with the badges that were earned.🤣

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2510214#Comment_2510214

    Damn, so the higher the points the closer one is to a ban??? Ouch

    Not really. If you get a comment edited to remove a quote from someone else who did get their comment deleted you'd still get points. Like I said, they serve no purpose.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    😂I always thought the point's had something to do with the badges that were earned.🤣

    I did as well

  • We've actually got 2 point systems on the forums.

    One is probably what you are referring to - which is reputation points, which we don't actually use. This is done when your comments are liked or other interactions etc...but as we do not implement much with these, they don't really mean anything at the moment.

    The other points we have, is warning points - where a certain amount of points will give you a forum ban. But again, we tend to use our own escalation procedure instead of just basic points.

  • Do you know if you get points towards ban? i am only asking because @EQWashu is mean and likes to pick on me.

  • @Mandy said:

    We've actually got 2 point systems on the forums.

    One is probably what you are referring to - which is reputation points, which we don't actually use. This is done when your comments are liked or other interactions etc...but as we do not implement much with these, they don't really mean anything at the moment.

    The other points we have, is warning points - where a certain amount of points will give you a forum ban. But again, we tend to use our own escalation procedure instead of just basic points.

    Thank you. Do we see ban points, or no?