Remember when people said Blight would be a weak killer

This is the most with time thing I’ve ever seen. I was scrolling through comments of old Blight release videos and here is a quote. “I am astounded by this design like hey, remember that COOL Halloween lore and #########? Hey look here’s a killer that’s directly based off of it. The power? Oh it’s a faster legion that bumps into walls and can’t hit unless he bumps into them and the reward for this painful power of bumping into clunky hitboxes and somehow making use of the strange speed? Yeah a single health state. This killer is disappointing in so many levels”. Or “This looks bad. The design is so cool and they had so many ways to give him a cool power but they went with “rush”? This just doesn’t look powerful or fun”.

Now Blight is a community favorite killer who is 99.9% of the time in S tier. And a power said to be very enjoyable most of the time. With a few nerf posts here and there. There were small changes here and there, but nothing that really changed the gameplay of Blight. I feel this could happen with Pinhead also. Or with future killers. That’s why patience is needed

Comments

  • I remember saying he would be at least A tier. Any killer with really good mobility is definitely in the higher tiers. I believe mobility is more important in this game than chase mechanics.

    I thought he'd be good in some loops but definitely didn't expect him to be so good in most loops. Also his turning is something no one could see coming.

  • I thought he was gonna be weak cause of how bad he was in ptb. I know he was bugged but I didn't think that it was that bugged.

  • I'm super bad with him so I don't play him, but I fully believe that no killer is actually bad, you just have to learn the right strategy

  • Plenty of people said Spirit was bad when she released and wanted her to be 115%.

    A lot of people defended Mettle of Man and said it wasn’t that strong when that released.

    DS got people calling it trash when it was initially reworked.

    Nurse was going to be dead and weak and unplayable after her nerf. Lol.

    While some people can have a decent idea about how weak/strong something might be when it launches, most people have no clue and instantly call something trash or OP despite having no idea. I’m glad the devs don’t listen to knee jerk panic about changes/new releases, honestly.

  • I don't remember people saying he was weak. I remember watching streamers and the majority agreed he was a potentially stronger killer that needed some tweaks, tweaks he received very soon after.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    This is the most with time thing I’ve ever seen. I was scrolling through comments of old Blight release videos and here is a quote. “I am astounded by this design like hey, remember that COOL Halloween lore and #########? Hey look here’s a killer that’s directly based off of it. The power? Oh it’s a faster legion that bumps into walls and can’t hit unless he bumps into them and the reward for this painful power of bumping into clunky hitboxes and somehow making use of the strange speed? Yeah a single health state. This killer is disappointing in so many levels”. Or “This looks bad. The design is so cool and they had so many ways to give him a cool power but they went with “rush”? This just doesn’t look powerful or fun”.

    Now Blight is a community favorite killer who is 99.9% of the time in S tier. And a power said to be very enjoyable most of the time. With a few nerf posts here and there. There were small changes here and there, but nothing that really changed the gameplay of Blight. I feel this could happen with Pinhead also. Or with future killers. That’s why patience is needed

    He is in S tier cause all other killers are garbage.

    Find me a killer player that mains Blight that will get 3K+ at high MMR on a regular basis. It's maybe 0,1% of the ppl playing him.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505214#Comment_2505214

    That isn't remotely what happened with Blight's release.

    He was hot garbage in the PTB because of his collision. He couldn't get through any doorways and bounced off of everything unintentionally, but when you wanted to hit something head-on, he would slide off.

    His camera was extremely low and made it difficult to see over any loops.

    He couldn't break pallets or walls.

    He had a double cooldown.

    His dash attack with almost 3 m/s slower.

    He had a lower turn rate during his Rush.

    His dash attacks didn't continue if the input button was released.

    Some of his add-ons were worse and Compound 21 was a must run.

    He was basically useless on Console for EIGHT MONTHS.

    Those were just the things I remembered off of the top of my head. People had plenty of reason to be suspect of him, he was NOT the same Killer he is now.

    Blight is still useless on console. The sudden lag spikes and the turning rate make him unbearable.

  • @glitchboi said:

    This also happened with Twins when they released. And it's probably about to happen with Pinhead.

    It’s happening with every killer since Deathslinger since people have incredibly hot takes while playing this game and even the thought of losing is triggering.

  • The only issue i think pinhead still has is his tier 1 myers lunge and that the extra chains that he summons with his power sometimes spawns really near objects making them easy to break are what is making him quite underwhelming.

1 2 ›