Spirit appreciation post
So since it’s Spirit’s 3rd birthday here on DBD, let’s just dedicate this post into appreciating her and all the great memories that she has given all of us to share.
One great memory I’ve had with her is spawn right near an exit gate on Father Campbell’s Chapel, AFK the whole match until all the gens pop, phase over to the gate and grab Jane off of it, hook her, and then start a NOED spree. I ended up 4king.
Also, I remember 4king as Spirit at 3 gens on Dead Dawg Saloon against one of my friends that I usually SWF with. We just randomly came across each other in a lobby and he was very surprised to see me as the killer. It was very hilarious. I happened to be Spirit which is a killer he despises……like most people do.
Another fun memory I have with her is doing a whole night of just using trash perks on her. I’ve used Mad Grit, Hex: Third Seal, Monstrous Shrine, Cruel Limits, Hex: Blood Favor, Enduring and Spirit Fury (I know these two are really good perks but only on killers that struggle in anti looping), Hangman’s Trick, Beast of Prey, Coup dé Graće, Hoarder, Unnerving Presence, Overwhelming Presence and many other perks that were plain mediocre or just bad. It was all fun and games and trying varieties even though they were trash varieties. I 4ked most of the games.
I know a lot of people hate her and you hope the worst for her, but she means a lot to me so let’s just appreciate her for at least one day and then you can start hating her again tomorrow. Please, just for me. 🥺
Comments
I appreciate sometimes how easy it can be to fool a Spirit in a chase and watch them walk off in the wrong direction, looking behind trees and rocks or searching in lockers, hoping to find me.
I also appreciate how they don't expect Spine Chill and use their power to come to my gen, hoping to get a grab, only to find no one, not knowing I'm watching them with glee from the safety of a bush. Makes me giggle when I see them trying to be clever and walk off only to immediately come back with their power and still not be able to find me, all while two gens pop in the distance.
My girlfriend doesn't understand anything about DBD but for some reason she really likes seeing me playing Spirit. She says she loves seeing her fingers twerking anytime she enters phase and the sounds she makes.
"The Spirit drifts into the night, her wild windswept hair dancing in the dark."
Oh, sweet sweet Spirit, how can most people hate this killer while I hold her so close to my heart?
Not sure if I ever told you this, my friend, but I mained Spirit for some time. She was one of the reasons why I didn't leave DBD after Freddy's rework dropped.
And I am very grateful for that.
EDIT:
I even have this screenshot that I've found. Not sure when it was taken, but it is nice to have this little moment of the past recorded.
Not sure if I consider this appreciating Spirit but I guess I’ll take it.
Who wouldn’t like watching Spirit gameplay?
Oh really? I didn’t know. I’m glad to hear that :)
Yep. I don't mention it very often, because some people might get a little angry, but it is true.
Imagine getting angry at someone for playing as a specific killer.
Yeah, imagine... It is sad that it still happens, but that is the DBD community for ya.
It was a little bit less severe in the past, but it still happened. At least in my experience.
Yeah I’ve gotten my fair share of salt. It can happen with anything in the game, not just Spirit.
happy 3rd birthday spirit but still **** you <3
Indeed. Though when it comes to Spirit people get extra salty, for some reason.
No please just be nice to her just today. It will make me happy.
I get why they don’t like playing against her but yeah.
fine, have a happy day espiritu
☺️
Her gameplay might need a tweak, but she definitely has great cosmetics, especially her Nyx and Seaweed outfits! And her archive outfit too!
That’s a cool combination right there. I’ve tried many combinations on her and she really does have a lot of good cosmetics.
Thanks friend, and I definitely agree! I'd purchase the Seaweed outfit and do a little mix and match if I played her more often 😛 Love the bubbles that appear with the outfit pieces!
It’s a shame that cosmetic costs money. I’m trying to save money right now but I’m so tempted to buy it.
I know, cosmetics are really expensive. I personally vow to not spend real money on pieces that I can buy with shards, despite the fact that it will take me eons to save for them! It helps me feel better about buying cosmetics for licensed characters like Cheryl 🙂
What does being in Florida have anything to do with being good at a game?
Spirit appreciation? BOOOO!
Yes. Please appreciate her just for today.
You just cant host this party without inviting me.
Facts. Share us some of those amazing Spirit arts you made.
Spirit was the first dlc killer that I was around to see get released. The hype shattered bloodline and the spirit gave me will probably never be replicated again. But that being said I still hate the spirit <3
These are the best dishes I can offer.
: D there are more on my twitter
I love her so much <3
I like her concept and design, she pulls off the spooky vengeful ghost archetype really well
Her voice while it has been memed to hell and back, I really like it. It's a shame there's not more anger to it like when she mori's and she does the angry scream - that is her best voiceline if you ask me!
She also, by proxy, brought us Oni - one of DBD's best original killers. Thanks Rin!