If the game is supposed to be balanced around 2E/2K, why isn't that standard more rewarding?

In the most recent interview they also stated that the killer achieving 60% of hooks in a match is the average they aim for.

So again, why doesn't that standard feel rewarding? The most points I usually get out of an "average" match is close to 23,000, which is hardly considered rewarding.

I consider 3k's the point where a match gets rewarding bloodpoint wise. I know everyone has a different metric for how they determine if a match is rewarding, but I feel a good middle ground for everyone is bloodpoints. Especially since we're all stuck in the same grind for addons and perks.

Comments

  • Just had a 2k with 100k bloodpoints (BBQ+Bloody Party Streamers). Seems rewarding enough.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Just had a 2k with 100k bloodpoints (BBQ+Bloody Party Streamers). Seems rewarding enough.

    Boy, I wonder why?

    Perhaps it could be the BBQ and party streamers?

    /S

  • because it's an impossible standard. The emblem system, as you go higher, nearly require you to kill at least three survivors to pip.

  • 2K's where everyone got to play are pretty optimal tbh and it definitely ties in with the lore they implemented too.

  • @BingBongMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497364#Comment_2497364

    Boy, I wonder why?

    Perhaps it could be the BBQ and party streamers?

    /S

    Bing bong man got all the answers.

  • @BingBongMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497364#Comment_2497364

    Boy, I wonder why?

    Perhaps it could be the BBQ and party streamers?

    /S

    Even without said stuff I was at nearly 31k points. You rarely get that as survivor. Meanwhile as killer all you need is a 2k with lots of chases and hooks.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497366#Comment_2497366

    Even without said stuff I was at nearly 31k points. You rarely get that as survivor. Meanwhile as killer all you need is a 2k with lots of chases and hooks.

    It is also worth mentioning that earning more than 20,000 bloodpoints as survivor is the exception, not the norm.

    For killer it depends on the killer you play. The devs made some killers earn more points with their powers than others.

    A killer like Blight will earn a crap ton of points in the deviousness category. The man is a bloodpoint machine because the devs made his power generate a good amount of bloodpoints.

    Meanwhile plague and billy are still struggling to fill their deviousness score. Instead relying on the other three categories for the bulk of their points.

    ( to a degree it also depends on the skill of the survivors, some teams you'll barely be able to do anything against. Others you'll curbstomp, either scenario will usually result in a less than stellar amount of points )

    but that largely depends on how well MMR works, which has been neither here nor there.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497366#Comment_2497366

    Even without said stuff I was at nearly 31k points. You rarely get that as survivor. Meanwhile as killer all you need is a 2k with lots of chases and hooks.

    I literally just maxxed out my points (32k) earned as Survivor for the second time ever in a match last night out of 900+ hours of play. Killer wasn't farming, either! Meanwhile I've earned 32k innumerable times without sweating or concentrating hard as Killer. It's hard to earn points as Survivor...

    Not to mention that Survivors get 5000 points for escaping (plus 1250 for opening the exit or jumping out the hatch) while Killer gets 2500 for killing all 4 Survivors, and meanwhile I still get 25k average on my Killer games without killing all 4 and I only get around 20-23k average on my Survivor games with escapes. Without escapes? Around 15k.

    If anything, Survivors should get more points for their standard apparently being 2-3 not making a whopping 5k points by escaping. I honestly wouldn't care about escaping that much as Survivor if it didn't give so many points and I could make points more easily in other ways.

  • @BingBongMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497396#Comment_2497396

    It is also worth mentioning that earning more than 20,000 bloodpoints as survivor is the exception, not the norm.

    For killer it depends on the killer you play. The devs made some killers earn more points with their powers than others.

    A killer like Blight will earn a crap ton of points in the deviousness category. The man is a bloodpoint machine because the devs made his power generate a good amount of bloodpoints.

    Meanwhile plague and billy are still struggling to fill their deviousness score. Instead relying on the other three categories for the bulk of their points.

    ( to a degree it also depends on the skill of the survivors, some teams you'll barely be able to do anything against. Others you'll curbstomp, either scenario will usually result in a less than stellar amount of points )

    but that largely depends on how well MMR works, which has been neither here nor there.

    If you bring were gonna live for ever you'll asily get more than 20k bring an offering and you almost have to try to get less than 20k