MMR combined with map offerings: if this is not resolved I will leave this game soon
Hello everyone. I'm killer main, and during my 2900 hours, I managed to understand that the game will always be in favor of the survivors, but I honestly don't care, because I like challenges. I don't mind facing SWF with meta builds and strong items like purple med kits or toolboxes with bran new party (only the key is really problematic, but that's for another discussion).
The only thing I really hate SO MUCH are the map offerings. With the implementation of MMR, this has increased considerably. On the South American server, every five matches, in two the survivors force extremely unbalanced maps like haddonfield or coldwind. Yesterday they sent me to haddonfield seven times and four to coldwind. Win or lose, is a frustrating experience because I already have to play sweating due to the MMR, but on these maps, I have to do miraculous things.
There is absolutely nothing you can do. The offering to cancel map offerings doesn't show up very often in my blood webs and I don't like the idea of forcing maps in response.
My suggestion is: reduce the probability of going on a map by an offering by something like 20% and prevent it from being accumulative, otherwise nothing would change to SWF. Seems fair to me for a green rarity offering. Or make the offering to cancel map offerings brown rarity so that it becomes more accessible.
I love this game and can take the current situation where it's not balanced, but I can't take into account playing haddonfield or coldwind often simply because the survivors want to. It's indecent that this exists with the MMR active.
Comments
It won't be changed. See you next week...
I mean, you're just one player...
I feel your pain, friend. Ultimately I wish they would rebalance the more commonly offered maps, but even if they did this there would always be a handful of maps survivors would want to play (because there will always be a strongest map, however they try to balance them), and it would still get extremely boring to play the same one or two maps over and over even if they weren’t as bad as Haddonfield.
I don’t mind map offerings too much on their own if they’re different but it’s the repetition that gets to me, personally. I think your idea of making the green hand offering brown rarity would help a lot, especially if they removed some of the useless brown offerings from killer bloodwebs (e.g. fog).
Its not just one player, this happen a lot when you grind the mmr. I think the guy is right the dev should do something about map offering specially when 95% of the map are in the survivor favor
Look at the op's name.
It's BS for sure. Needs to be looked at immediately.
The idea is good, if the groups of survivors so want to use on the map, let them use at least 2 offerings
They should also buff Sacrificial Ward where it blocks EVERY map offering before a match start. Imagine using it only to see surivvors throw more than one map offering. But yea, I think Sacrifical Ward should come out in the blood web more often.
Otherwise Task manager will always be my friend whenever I don't feel like going to a specific map. I rather let the game take me elsewhere.