I intentionally “lost” over 40 games with Pinhead, yet my MMR seems unchanged

So due to the fact that his lunge is bugged I decided to go into matches with the aim of getting my 4 BBQ stacks, trying to get good with his power and investigate on how best to use him.

My build was Lethal Pursuer, BBQ, Corrupt and then a non meta perk I kept swapping, like Blood Favour or I’m All Ears. 

My aim was to find a Survivor, chase them until I down them no matter how long, go after someone else until I had my 4 BBQ stacks, then let them leave. 

I preface by saying i’d been red rank on killer every month prior for like a year and I didn’t play Pinhead before doing this due to work, I just levelled him up with saved BP and started on Friday. 

Overall I played over 40 games. I NEVER hooked anyone twice, only got my 4 BBQ stacks. 3 games some survivors stayed and died to EGC probably because they felt sorry for me.

By the end of it all I was STILL getting high skill survivors. Why? 

I literally lost over 40 games in a row with no more than 4 hooks, I committed to long chases and the gens flew by. What exactly changes or decides our MMR? It seems like it never even changed! 

One of my last games I got 2 legacy players and all 4 of them had over 100 hours each logged in the past 2 weeks, I know hours don’t equal skill but I could tell by chasing them they were extremely good. I know really good players when I see them as most of us do.

I’m not bothered by losing and I refuse to feed into the meta of gen slowdown and second chance perks. Why am I being made to play against these players when I just want to have fun games? Why is my MMR not going down after 40 LOSSES? What exactly are the requirements for gaining and losing MMR?

I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt but now I just know it’s not working and can’t be bothered to play killer anymore.

Comments

  • Who would've thought that being "vague and mysterious" about how a system functions would lead to people prodding it to determine how it works. What I find funny is that MMR is visible in every other game out there, at least, every game I've played with a competitive (key point here) element. The developers would also have facts available that detail how the system makes its calculations or at the very least covers the essentials.

    Not here though. What we have instead is an opaque system for a casual game that's supposed to act like MMR for a competitive game that nobody understands. Well, except the developers, but they're determined not to help here for "fear of the system being exploited." If anyone else can't see what's wrong here, I don't know what to say.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2491706#Comment_2491706

    Or it finds a sudden and consistent decrease in skill too obvious.

    If that would be the case with the system, then it needs some tweaking and is way too sensitive.

    First night of its release, all seemed okay for me. No match was a stomp, all were close and could have gone either way. All five of us were within 2k to 3k of each other in ending BP totals.

    But on the 9th and 10th, it went south. Suddenly I'm in matches where I am lucky to get 1 or 2 hooks in a match. And match after match, stomp after stomp against me, nothing changed. I played somewhere between 20-30 matches with Myers just to try to get some stabilization and balanced matches again like the first night, and nothing even remotely like that occurred. It was like the system boosted my MMR up after the first night on Myers, and despite all the constant stomps I ate across all those subsequent matches in a two day period, has refused to adjust me lower in the slightest.

    I haven't logged in since Friday night, and see no reason to at this point.

    Per a "system scan," my skill level would have suddenly decreased. But at the same time, the skill of my opponents massively increased. And my MMR is not adjusting downward in response to any of that. And I am not attempting to throw in the slightest. I am simply that constantly outmatched.

  • First, it is a skill based system, not a win/loss based system. Also, there are a lot of potato survivors out their, so some of those survivors may have had bad games where they got decimated. It is not just how you do, it is how everyone else does in relation to each other.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2491708#Comment_2491708

    If that would be the case with the system, then it needs some tweaking and is way too sensitive.

    First night of its release, all seemed okay for me. No match was a stomp, all were close and could have gone either way. All five of us were within 2k to 3k of each other in ending BP totals.

    But on the 9th and 10th, it went south. Suddenly I'm in matches where I am lucky to get 1 or 2 hooks in a match. And match after match, stomp after stomp against me, nothing changed. I played somewhere between 20-30 matches with Myers just to try to get some stabilization and balanced matches again like the first night, and nothing even remotely like that occurred. It was like the system boosted my MMR up after the first night on Myers, and despite all the constant stomps I ate across all those subsequent matches in a two day period, has refused to adjust me lower in the slightest.

    I haven't logged in since Friday night, and see no reason to at this point.

    Per a "system scan," my skill level would have suddenly decreased. But at the same time, the skill of my opponents massively increased. And my MMR is not adjusting downward in response to any of that. And I am not attempting to throw in the slightest. I am simply that constantly outmatched.

    That could be an issue, yes, and it's why the devs need feedback on this stuff, not just players complaining to each other.

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2491185#Comment_2491185

    Doesn't matter how. It is possible to program algorithms to do things like that. Like I said the purpose of the new system is to prevent players from doing what you were trying to do and it worked. The new system is one of the best things they have done for this game.

    Lmao so the devs who can't release a patch without the game falling apart designed a super complex mmr system that detects throwing? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

  • @PoweroSymbols3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2491191#Comment_2491191

    Bruh, have you seen what computers can do? You tried exploiting, and it failed, so suck it up and just play the game

    Intent is very difficult for an algorithm to determine because it can only respond to behaviour, not the reasons for that behaviour. Google, one of the biggest tech companies in the world that invests significant time and money into developing algorithms that can detect purchase intent for its users, still can’t do it that accurately. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if Behaviour had beaten them to it.

  • @BabuDweet said:

    If you're not running gen slowdown then I dunno what to tell you. Either play thousands more hours and overall get better or play an S tier killer.

    Idk if you're joking or not but that's not the point of his post.

1 2 ›