Key escapes should not raise your MMR.
Just sat through a game when someone found a key in a chest. When 2 only remaining survivors, No one continued the Gens but instead looked for the hatch while I was standing on top of it to prevent the Key. Legit I just stood there on top of the hatch for 3 minutes browsing Reddit. No Gens popped.
It's so cheap and boring... and I expect their MMR would raise because they escaped me.
Keys escape should be treated as a surrender and should not raise MMR.
Comments
Who says they do?
Maybe, stop worrying about MMR.
Who cares if that players MMR is raised because they escaped with a key? 1. It's a single match, it probably won't make much of a difference. 2. They're only shooting themselves in the foot is they do it intentionally, because MMR only serves matchmaking, leading to harder matches for that survivor.
MMR isn't a medal to brag about, or a goal to achieve, or something to get jealous about, it's literally just the matchmaking algorithm, working in the background, to try to match players with similarly skilled opponents.
Can’t agree more with that statement!
people are way too focused on the MMR instead of just trying to play the game
That's a well put statement. I always remember this now whenever someone brings a key and escapes.
Should hatch not count too when ur last survivor remaining? Since it also is all based on luck just like finding a key so what apart from 70:30 killer being higher than escape rate u want to remove even those abilities to count as escape? Wow should they count tunelling kills? Camping kills? Slugging kills? Since all takes zero skills just like using key as u said
Why do people care about other people's SBMM? People always so concerned about how other people play - seems silly to me.
Please share your developer source with all of us.
I disagree. Higher skilled players are more likely to be prepared to deal with keys. This means lower skilled MMR killers will be less likely to face them. Seems fair to me. They'll get tougher matches because they brought a key. Having a high MMR is 100% meaningless.
pretty hard to balance an asymmetrical game
You like putting words in people's mouths, don't you?
All I said is that higher skilled players would be more prepared to deal with them. Not that keys are fine. Shouldn't people who bring keys have higher MMR? Or should someone be able to bring a key to every match and not have their MMR affected because they used a key to escape?
And also NOED should not raise your MMR too...
Yes, but now imagine that you are playing 800 MMR survivors with keys. And you're an 800 MMR Killer. Your matches are going to be MUCH harder now, and those survivors can stay around the same level by continuing to use keys. You're then making the game 'harder' for the killer of lower skills in the cheapest possible way.
As much as I agree with this statement, keys are kind of one of those blatant oversights that they are aware of. There really isn't an excuse here, and while I do not mind them influencing mmr and do not believe they will boost anyone THAT much, it is still going to more likely than not skew ratings given they are going to rework them "soon."
MMR being about matchmaking is exactly why a less skilled effort shouldn't increase their rating as much.
100 percent agree.
Nope. I do Solo Q. Tired of losing with everyone just because my teams sucks terribly. Then I dpip and everything else. That’s like saying every member in a sports game should be replaced because one of them did something bad.
I’ll Plunderer/Appraisal the moment the team starts losing, and will attempt to escape. Even got Wake Up in case I don’t find a key, and slip out. I play both sides. Keys are only bad because teams with comms walk in with them. So even when you kill the key holder they tell their buddies where it was. Then they find it, and use it.
One fine way to patch keys is make it an item you cannot start the trial with anymore, but in exchange when you find one it always has attachments. Then Ace in the Hole increases the rarity of those add ons in the same sense that Plunderers increases odds of rare items.
So you can only find and use keys in the same trial. That’s the way all items should be imo, and then spawn more chests to compensate.