As Killer, when it comes to disconnections, the context is usually important. If it was a legit accidental disconnection right off the start, I try to give everyone else two hooks and then let them escape. If it was a disconnection because someone got petty or thought they were too good and I downed them in less than thirty seconds then I just play normally -- like I'm sorry your teammate lacked spine and was too cocky to admit they were outplayed, but they just decided to give me an advantage for no reason at all.
As Survivor, I'm kind of forced to play normally and hope the Killer doesn't decide to decimate the rest of us -- especially if it happens at the very first few minutes of the match.
Depending on what type of match is occuring, I usually try to give them all an escape. I'm pretty empathetic, and I try to give survivors the benefit, but if it happens against a good team and the match has went on for a while, I try to finish it and give last guy hatch.
It depends. If I'm playing Survivor, I don't have any real choice but to keep playing normally, no matter when the DC happens. If I'm playing killer, and the DC happens in the late game, I keep playing normally as well. If the DC happens in the early game, I mentally decide to let the last survivor go, whoever it happens to be. If there are multiple DCs early on and I feel like the survivors left behind really got victimized by that, then I'll try to farm with them so we can all at least get some points.
It's a team game for survivor, as killer It's not my fault one of them wanted to mess the game up for everyone else.
When playing survivor, I'm a bit irked at the fact someone decided to leave us in the lurch but will try to get as many gens done as possible before my inevitable death.
I would rather have a dc though and not someone who is working with the killer. I must have seen that happen around 5 times these past two days. A lot more than I used to. I report them but bhvr won't do anything since all they are bothered about now is money.
I already don't tunnel and camp, and I don't want to farm, so I just play like normal. 1 man down the game will finish quicker anyway, at least by playing normally people get some points.
Rushing the game will just make sure no one really gets anything. If the DC happens early I'll probably let the last guy go out the hatch unless its a map where it'll probably take way too long to find. Imo its better to just hook them and both of us move on to the next match than spend forever looking for hatch on Mothers Dwelling or the Swamp.
As killer, I used to use any excuse to give hatch. I almost never do now. It's just effort and a time waste. I also want the hardest games I can get with this MMR system.
As survivor... Honestly, in most cases I'll just give up. I'll probably play normally until I'm hooked, then I'll likely just self kill. It depends on my mood, but usually I just CBA if the game is over. It's no fun for me if the result is decided.
I picked shrug only because I don't make a big deal out of it. if someone rage quits I tend to laugh about it. If someone d/c's out of nowhere I assume it's their internet or other issue and feel bad for them. Either way I treat it like a down and move on.
If it is early at 5 gens someone DC after first down than I usualy want to give up because there is almost no point in trying since it is 3vs1 with 5 gens. If it is somewhere in the middle of the game then I play normaly.
If I am killer and I am in a good mood then I let them escape. If I don't care mood is active than I play normaly, trying to be fair.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
As Killer, when it comes to disconnections, the context is usually important. If it was a legit accidental disconnection right off the start, I try to give everyone else two hooks and then let them escape. If it was a disconnection because someone got petty or thought they were too good and I downed them in less than thirty seconds then I just play normally -- like I'm sorry your teammate lacked spine and was too cocky to admit they were outplayed, but they just decided to give me an advantage for no reason at all.
As Survivor, I'm kind of forced to play normally and hope the Killer doesn't decide to decimate the rest of us -- especially if it happens at the very first few minutes of the match.
Depending on what type of match is occuring, I usually try to give them all an escape. I'm pretty empathetic, and I try to give survivors the benefit, but if it happens against a good team and the match has went on for a while, I try to finish it and give last guy hatch.
It depends. If I'm playing Survivor, I don't have any real choice but to keep playing normally, no matter when the DC happens. If I'm playing killer, and the DC happens in the late game, I keep playing normally as well. If the DC happens in the early game, I mentally decide to let the last survivor go, whoever it happens to be. If there are multiple DCs early on and I feel like the survivors left behind really got victimized by that, then I'll try to farm with them so we can all at least get some points.
If there's one DC, depending on when it happens I'll play more casually and decide that I'll let last person go through hatch.
If there's 2+ DCs I stop trying and I'm nice to the last ones and just let them get the escape.
I play survivor as well so I know how it is getting a early DC and the frustration associated with it.
/ "Oh shoot, my internet."
It's a team game for survivor, as killer It's not my fault one of them wanted to mess the game up for everyone else.
When playing survivor, I'm a bit irked at the fact someone decided to leave us in the lurch but will try to get as many gens done as possible before my inevitable death.
I would rather have a dc though and not someone who is working with the killer. I must have seen that happen around 5 times these past two days. A lot more than I used to. I report them but bhvr won't do anything since all they are bothered about now is money.
I already don't tunnel and camp, and I don't want to farm, so I just play like normal. 1 man down the game will finish quicker anyway, at least by playing normally people get some points.
Rushing the game will just make sure no one really gets anything. If the DC happens early I'll probably let the last guy go out the hatch unless its a map where it'll probably take way too long to find. Imo its better to just hook them and both of us move on to the next match than spend forever looking for hatch on Mothers Dwelling or the Swamp.
I play normally if it's early in the match, but if it's gonna affect the match too greatly, I start searching for other stuff to do to farm points.
If the DC happens early game as killer, I'll farm. Otherwise I just mess around for bp.
If it happens early in the match I just get really bored and move on to the next one as fast as I can.
Used to play nicer when it was done
But now some people do ot for no reason, or will abuse bugs,
So eh, if they seemed funny i will let one escape but otherwise ill play normally and end the game quickly
I will laugh if their reason for disconnecting is funny
not my problem if someone gives up
As killer, I used to use any excuse to give hatch. I almost never do now. It's just effort and a time waste. I also want the hardest games I can get with this MMR system.
As survivor... Honestly, in most cases I'll just give up. I'll probably play normally until I'm hooked, then I'll likely just self kill. It depends on my mood, but usually I just CBA if the game is over. It's no fun for me if the result is decided.
It's more of a sigh of disappointment than it is an apathetic shrug, at least for me.
Free BP baby. If it's the entire server I might let the last survivor(s) go, but mostly I just keep playing.
I picked shrug only because I don't make a big deal out of it. if someone rage quits I tend to laugh about it. If someone d/c's out of nowhere I assume it's their internet or other issue and feel bad for them. Either way I treat it like a down and move on.
Depends on the stage of the game and on my mood.
If it is early at 5 gens someone DC after first down than I usualy want to give up because there is almost no point in trying since it is 3vs1 with 5 gens. If it is somewhere in the middle of the game then I play normaly.
If I am killer and I am in a good mood then I let them escape. If I don't care mood is active than I play normaly, trying to be fair.
Reparing a bit, some totems, maybe a save or protection hit, whatever just trying not to depip, I don't care if I get killed lol