Is it okay to report campers?
Campers make the game less fun and I think they should be dealt with. I want to know if camping would be counted as an "exploit" or "trolling". If I can't report then what is there to do? I would message teammates of what is going on, but between trying to determine if the killer is camping, getting to a survivors steam account, and then sending the message to the other 1-3 survivors it's hard the fight the timer to struggle phase. Were any updates announced to stop campers?
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Don't know why it didn't worked on my end but I can now confirm that you don't get notified that you're getting flag and even less who flagged you therefor @Lowbei is only speculating that @SadonicShadow flagged him unless he told it to him.
@Dragonredking
I could’a told you that with my 23 flags... none of them for reasonable stuff
Well you wheren't there.
Yet...
No big surprise, considering what you do in other threads, insulting yourself etc
“Hello... is it me your... looking for?”
Self abuse needs a NERF!?
Self abuse is a under-category of abuse which is one of the flag options :sarcastic:
Well, 21 of my flags are spam (wasn’t a spam post) and the abuse flags were just people mad at me...
Oh flag me for awful grammar please, what a shame
Understandable, but it might still just be a coincidence tho
Edit: Jebus christ the quote break easily.
I never flagged lowbei. I might disagree with what he thinks but that dosen't mean i am going to flag him because i disagree with him. I am not the only person on this forum.
What about the survivors who swarm the killer to prevent him hooking the survivor? Or the teams who focus on destroying hooks first so I can't actually win? Or the lame survivor who camps at the escape hatch waiting for the third person to die so they can take the easy way out? I've lost games with five generators left with that lame tactic. Don't act like survivors play the game honorably, they don't.
My job is to kill you and i will do so anyway I can within the confines of the game.
At least once a day I get a friend invite with a message saying "i destroy campers" or some other inane threat. News flash, buttercup. I killed you, you ain't destroying anything.
Stop whining and get better at the game.
Why necro?
The thread ended in June. Now it´s September...
I wish when people necro'd something that is over a month old there would be a flag on the post somehow. Then an insta time out for the person doing it.
Camping is only "intended" until they figure out how to creatively address it. Until then, sure, it's "intended".
Regrettably, it seems that hook vultures can't be taught.
Why did you necro this?
I get that being camped is not enjoyable. However, you just can't ban it outright. When I play killer I find that people that run in circles and loop make the game "less fun" yet I don't try to get players banned for playing a strategy that's not fun.
Survivors have several ways to counter camping:
On top of all of these survivor assets, there are some killer perks (Barbeque and Chili, Hex: Devour Hope, and Make Your Choice) that also reward killers for keeping some distance between themselves and the hook.
Camping can be annoying, but with everything available to everyone it's one of the worse game strategies that only really benefits the killer if the survivors are stupid and rush the hook. If you are determined to not get camped ever again than what I recommend is that you ignore generators entirely until the first survivor is injured (or downed if it's a No Mither user). Then once you know that the killer isn't going to catch you first you can work on gens at your leisure without fear of being the first caught and camped.