Matchmaking doesnt work

I just started playing dbd, like 35 hours and I am Silver IV rn. I played 6 games today as killer, In every single one of them there was at least a red rank.Creating a party with lower ranks can create a bit of confusion, I get it. But last game I played I played against all red rank I,II and two IV. Can u tell me if this is okay like that or if it need some adjustment? thank you

-I'll just attach a screenshot of the post game screen so that u can see what I am talking about. (Do not mind my complaining in the chat xD)

Screenshot (1).png


Comments

  • Grades have nothing to do with match making.

  • It’s probably because you were doing well against rank 20’s before the system was implemented so it ranked you high

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    Grades have nothing to do with match making.

    Would u be so kind to explain to me how does it work?

  • @ZeldaClio said:

    I just started playing dbd, like 35 hours and I am Silver IV rn. I played 6 games today as killer, In every single one of them there was at least a red rank.Creating a party with lower ranks can create a bit of confusion, I get it. But last game I played I played against all red rank I,II and two IV. Can u tell me if this is okay like that or if it need some adjustment? thank you

    -I'll just attach a screenshot of the post game screen so that u can see what I am talking about. (Do not mind my complaining in the chat xD)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/B8E4G9Y9Z4J2/screenshot-281-29.png

    The grades of no effect on matchmaking anymore. Now, looking at the scoreboard, all of you except for the one kill you got were within 1k to 3k BP total to each other at the end. The indicates similar skill level, as it wasn't a stomp match for either side. Seems like a fair match to me.

  • @ZeldaClio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2484086#Comment_2484086

    Would u be so kind to explain to me how does it work?

    The SBMM which is used for Matchmaking is hidden. There is no way for you to see it. But, it seems like you have done quite well at your previous Rank, when Matchmaking was calculated via Ranks.

    The Grades are the numbers you see, e.g. you are Silver 4. Those are just an indicator how much time you spend on the game, you can earn Pips as much you like, but you cannot depip anymore to a different grade. E.g. if you are at your Silver 4-Grade, you can only depip within this Grade, but not to a lower Grade.

    Given the fact that you got a lot of BPs and neither of the Survivors got a low amount of BPs, the match seemed to be fairly equal. Neither did you stomp your opponents or you did not get stomped. Which speaks for a working system.

  • This new system for sure feels broken. I have less than 100 hours played in the game, and currently bronze III. Every single match I've played since the update the killer has been gold II or above, and our teams get wrecked. Haven't even remotely gotten close to surviving the trial, whereas prior to the update it was way more even playing field and could get out at least 50% of the time.

  • @diedel43 said:

    This new system for sure feels broken. I have less than 100 hours played in the game, and currently bronze III. Every single match I've played since the update the killer has been gold II or above, and our teams get wrecked. Haven't even remotely gotten close to surviving the trial, whereas prior to the update it was way more even playing field and could get out at least 50% of the time.

    Grades don't mean anything.

    Gather data. If you are getting an average of 2 kills/2 escapes then matchmaking is working or if everyones scores are really high, then matchmaking is probably working. BHVR hasn't told anyone how MMR is calculated, but those 2 seem the most likely.