You know the moment when you go easy on survivors?

I kinda sweat most of the times in games and I am honest with it, I like to win. But also in times like this with a new chapter, ofc I want to earn as fast as possible alot of BPs to level up the new characters for the teachables.

So I had a interesting Nemesis game (to test out his new buff he got), the game went pretty well. 2 survivors on last hook and the rest on second hook already. Ruin and undying still up on sanctum of wrath, the game went very smooth and I thought to myself: "Well this game is pretty much over, lemme chase abit more to get some more points since I used anyway a cake".

A few loops later on the survivor the last 2 gens pop at the same time and the survivors managed all to escape with good teamwork and all. My point now is, I got greedy and got "deserved" punished for it, instead of just ending the game or finished the job I messed around and they all escaped which they greatfully deserved.

I am not meaning that I farmed with them or something, I was just purposfully throwing the game to chase the same survivor to get some extra BPs and not protecting the gens with ruin anymore really. I was very sure that the game would be over, well apperantly not xD.

Wonder if other Killers also tempt to do that or is it just my greedy ass?

Comments

  • Just yesterday I down three survivors witb Bubba within the first minute of the match. I had three opportunities to down the forth survivor but instead hooked the three. Allowing the forth to save instead of ending it there.

    The match ended with two escaping with a key they found. ๐Ÿ˜•

  • Someone just hatch escaped and left the other two for dead. That's some selfish BS that I was like 'Okay y'all are good. Get out of here.'

  • @Mr_K said:

    Just yesterday I down three survivors witb Bubba within the first minute of the match. I had three opportunities to down the forth survivor but instead hooked the three. Allowing the forth to save instead of ending it there.

    The match ended with two escaping with a key they found. ๐Ÿ˜•

    Feels bad xD

  • I try to give the last two points so I can get a return on my own investment of time. Not so much farming as "extending play" so my matches last longer than five to ten minutes - you know, hooking and running to the opposite side of the map, kicking gens without patrolling, juggling chases rather than focusing one down.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    I try to give the last two points so I can get a return on my own investment of time. Not so much farming as "extending play" so my matches last longer than five to ten minutes - you know, hooking and running to the opposite side of the map, kicking gens without patrolling, juggling chases rather than focusing one down.

    Ye I tempt to do simiular things if the games go too fast.

  • @DaBawb said:

    With MMR i'm not gonna be playing nice ever again, I should not need to. Survivors can bring their own second chances into my games, I should not have to give them any. Usually the games I play chill and just wander chase to chase I get teabagged at the exit gate so that's my reward for doing that.

    My Q times for killer are absolutely insane though. Like 5-6+ minutes for a match, so i'm waiting like 7-8 minutes total from hitting ready to actually being in a game and it's kinda ruining killer for me not gonna lie.

    BHVR, turning gold into lead.

    Ye I get it with the Q times, but I dont really do it cuz I feel bad for them, I just simply do it for myself to earn my points, I dont really give a damn of how the survivors feel. They will most likely complain anyway about anything.

  • I don't like playing with a "gen control" mindset. I like to play chase focused using passive slowdown and information perks, so I end up doing this all the time. I have like 1,8k hours on killer and still don't know how to do a 3 gen lol.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    I don't like playing with a "gen control" mindset. I like to play chase focused using passive slowdown and information perks, so I end up doing this all the time. I have like 1,8k hours on killer and still don't know how to do a 3 gen lol.

    For me it depends on the Killer I play. If I play nemi-chan or other "weaker" killers with low mobility, I tempt to overprotect the gens cuz I am paranoid that a gen might pop in any second. But as Blight, Oni or Spirit I just straight up go for hooking and chase after chase and forget about the gens sometimes cuz I am having so much fun chasing and traversing the map.

  • When I feel like I am destroying a team, I kinda brake and let one or more go. Usually two of them.

    I lose the will to play and just stand around, not even interested in farm tbh.

  • @DaBawb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482648#Comment_2482648

    That's honestly true. Another reason why I stopped a long time ago. No matter how you play, if you win as killer, survivors will complain. You can 12 hook with perkless clown and be greeted with salt at the endgame and it's like why bother?

    Might as well just play to win too, it's not like I have ever had survivors go easy on me.

    Ye I get that, I am someone who gives less F's then BHVR with balance changes so I dont care what those keyboard warriors will type in the chat.

  • @Shaped said:

    When I feel like I am destroying a team, I kinda brake and let one or more go. Usually two of them.

    I lose the will to play and just stand around, not even interested in farm tbh.

    Like a true myers just standing there at his natural habit.