This new MMR is just straight up terrible.

From what I understood, we're supposed to face against players of our skill level. So all day I've been playing as killers who I haven't played as in years, and pinhead. Knowing I would lose as them I figured my MMR would drop low enough so that I can at least have a chance of winning . Well I was completely wrong apparently because I'm on a losing streak, and despite that all of my matches have looked like this.

20210908_112641.jpg 20210908_130706.jpg 20210908_154643.jpg


Its literally just been high ranks (who are actually good), swf or both. Is the MMR based of how fast gens are done? Because I'm barely getting kills, I'm doing bad in chases but I keep gens from being done in under 5 minutes. And most of the time its only because I'm going against altruistic SWF who care more about circling an unhook than doing gens.

Comments

  • If you dont play the Killer often or are new to the Killer, your MMR will be around the same like with other Killers you play often. It will adjust after a few games (obviously you need to play the same Killer multiple times in a row to speed this up).

    But looking at the points, 22k and 29k does not look like you had terrible games.

  • Why are you cutting off the match results? (kills/escapes)

    By the looks of the scores, these were very close games.

    You are obviously far more skilled than your 'rank' would suggest, which is the entire point of MMR, rank does not equal skill and therefore rank-based matchmaking was flawed. So I'd say it appears to be working as intended.

  • Ranks can't go down anymore, so they mean even less they did before.

  • It takes a while to balance out, but my guess is you've been getting strong wins in your previous matches, so it's judging you on that. Maybe your skills surpassed most you faced before, and now you're playing similar players from an SBMM perspective who may be a lot tougher than you're accustomed to.

    I mean, your BP looks good. Shame we can't see the actual result from the pictures you've posted. That would have helped more to see how it actually was going.

    Also, 2 of your matches (The Executioner and The Cenobite) look like you've just started learning them, judging by the perks, so I'm not too surprised if it seems unbalqnced at the start. Play through some more games and it gets better. Works really well with my killers!

  • Spicy camera positioning 


    I'm especially intrigued by the game where you brought 2 perks and got 29k. I don't think I've ever got that many points from being stomped before 🤔

  • @WeenieDog said:

    Ranks can't go down anymore, so they mean even less they did before.

    Which is another good point. You appear to have climbed from Silver IV to Gold I, at least. That's 7 Grades, which would suggest you have 'won' at least 14 games (double pips) or up to 28 (single pips). In only 4 hours... that means you've won more than you've lost.

    So either you should have a high MMR and face those higher 'rank' players because you are that good. Or you have a higher MMR because you have been winning a lot of games in a short space of time.

    14-28 wins in four hours is no mean feat my friend. I'm sure none of these screenshots are from before SBMM was activated though...

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Spicy camera positioning 

    I'm especially intrigued by the game where you brought 2 perks and got 29k. I don't think I've ever got that many points from being stomped before 🤔

    Your forum username is what I feel everytime I read an "MMR Sucks" post in this forum.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482246#Comment_2482246

    Your forum username is what I feel everytime I read an "MMR Sucks" post in this forum.

    Ahaha the last time someone said my username felt appropriate was when it was also my steam name and I was playing doc

  • @Seraphor said:

    Why are you cutting off the match results? (kills/escapes)

    By the looks of the scores, these were very close games.

    You are obviously far more skilled than your 'rank' would suggest, which is the entire point of MMR, rank does not equal skill and therefore rank-based matchmaking was flawed. So I'd say it appears to be working as intended.

    My bad, I wasnt trying to intentionally cut off the results. From what I remember, in the top photo I had 1 kill, 2nd photo I had 2, and 3rd I had none. And yeah, while the scores seem high, keep in mind the offerings I brought.

    Also, I wasnt trying to say that I'm terrible at the game, just that Im using killers Im terrible with. In the last 12 matches Ive played I probably have a total of like 15 kills.

  • @Jplanas98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482219#Comment_2482219

    My bad, I wasnt trying to intentionally cut off the results. From what I remember, in the top photo I had 1 kill, 2nd photo I had 2, and 3rd I had none. And yeah, while the scores seem high, keep in mind the offerings I brought.

    Also, I wasnt trying to say that I'm terrible at the game, just that Im using killers Im terrible with. In the last 12 matches Ive played I probably have a total of like 15 kills.

    Offerings dont change the points on the Scoring Board. So the 29k points in the Pinhead-game where what you have achieved.

    Your SBMM-Rating should adjust after playing a few games with the respective Killer(s).

  • I'm on a 10 match losing streak today(1k or less) and still facing survivors way out of my skill. I played deathslinger who I've never played for a daily yup same skill as with other killers.

    I'm starting to wonder if SBMMR is even on I was playing against purple and reds as a green rank before and now all I've seen is gold and iri and one silver in 10 matched today. I'm silver btw

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482226#Comment_2482226

    Which is another good point. You appear to have climbed from Silver IV to Gold I, at least. That's 7 Grades, which would suggest you have 'won' at least 14 games (double pips) or up to 28 (single pips). In only 4 hours... that means you've won more than you've lost.

    So either you should have a high MMR and face those higher 'rank' players because you are that good. Or you have a higher MMR because you have been winning a lot of games in a short space of time.

    14-28 wins in four hours is no mean feat my friend. I'm sure none of these screenshots are from before SBMM was activated though...

    I also didn't climb from Silver to gold. That's bronze. I started in bronze 2 and am in Silver 4.

  • @Jplanas98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482219#Comment_2482219

    My bad, I wasnt trying to intentionally cut off the results. From what I remember, in the top photo I had 1 kill, 2nd photo I had 2, and 3rd I had none. And yeah, while the scores seem high, keep in mind the offerings I brought.

    Also, I wasnt trying to say that I'm terrible at the game, just that Im using killers Im terrible with. In the last 12 matches Ive played I probably have a total of like 15 kills.

    I mean if you aren't getting any kills, then you're being bumped into the rating you should be.

    Also, technically 2 kills is enough.

    I've had games with no kills and 8 hooks. I've had games with 3 kills and 3 hooks.

    What should erally matter is how many hooks you got as that is easier and more achieveable than always getting a 4k

  • @Jplanas98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482250#Comment_2482250

    I also didn't climb from Silver to gold. That's bronze. I started in bronze 2 and am in Silver 4.

    My bad, the colour isn't very clear from your photos then.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482275#Comment_2482275

    My bad, the colour isn't very clear from your photos then.

    Yeah, I figured. That's why I tried to place them in chronological order. Guess that didn't help out much lol.

  • Quick side note but I have noticed that the survivors perks are very different. Definitely some meta perks but Definitely some that are not. Could this signal that more people are moving away from the meta at least a bit?

  • @Jplanas98 said:

    From what I understood, we're supposed to face against players of our skill level. So all day I've been playing as killers who I haven't played as in years, and pinhead. Knowing I would lose as them I figured my MMR would drop low enough so that I can at least have a chance of winning . Well I was completely wrong apparently because I'm on a losing streak, and despite that all of my matches have looked like this.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BUM3K8YCWDWP/20210908-112641.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WQLPJLVVSZ61/20210908-130706.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DKBDSH98M3YM/20210908-154643.jpg

    Its literally just been high ranks (who are actually good), swf or both. Is the MMR based of how fast gens are done? Because I'm barely getting kills, I'm doing bad in chases but I keep gens from being done in under 5 minutes. And most of the time its only because I'm going against altruistic SWF who care more about circling an unhook than doing gens.

    Honestly, just judging from your photos, it looks like everyone had lots of points, which indicates it wasn't a stomping on either side.

    It looks like MMR is working fine.

  • Looking at your bloodpoints, the matches were close in skill.

    As far as their ranks, that means nothing. They could easily have been boosted to red ranks. But from the BPs earned, you guys all look pretty close in skill level, which is what the new MMR is supposed to do.