Pinhead Is trash-tier.

How do you guys not take the constructive criticism that was given during the PTB? The chain event got buffed? You guys thought this was the issue?


Then on top Of It, the game crashes at the end of every game now. GG


I would like to be able to freely talk about what Is bad about this killer. Why people think he Is super weak still.

.....because


He Is.


This Is the first time I've ever felt like I wanted a refund for a killer. Then the voice lines are removed as well? You guys for real? I don't get It.


EDIT: This should not have been moved considering It's extremely relevant to the general public discussion right now.


Also, stop editing people's posts. You have a censor on your posts for "bad words". What's the point In the censorship If you're just going to adjust people's posts anyway.


..whatever though. I shouldn't be surprised.

Comments

  • @tester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479612#Comment_2479612

    He is fun when you get baby survivors. With SWF he is useless. They will coordinate which survivor goes for the box and you will never get chain hunt.

    Indeed, but that's still working as a built-in slow down.

  • @DeanIcity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479782#Comment_2479782

    If you are close range, then M1 them. Why even bother at that point? It's still useless if you have to be close to use It. Even then, for me, it's not always beneficial to use, even close range. It's just a trash power right now.

    I didn't mean close to hit them

  • @VikingWilson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479621#Comment_2479621

    Indeed, but that's still working as a built-in slow down.

    But that slowdown is at least 4 times less effective, possibly more. If they spread out on gens, 1 person will always be closest and will let others know that.

  • Made an account here just to post:

    I never really play as a killer but was hyped on Pinhead as I love Hellraiser! Tried him on the test realm when he was available. Seemed like he was awesome on there but I didnt like how the box worked. I would be in the process of hooking or about to hit someone and a second later Im summoned somewhere. That was annoying..

    But going live, Ive played him for hours now.

    As the KILLER:

    *he seems mediocre compared to other killers.

    *Wheres his lunge?

    *I play on PC; not fun trying to play as and "guide" his chain. Unless its someone completely new to DBD, no one runs in a straight line to make using this effective. Trying to turn the chain is like trying to make a U turn with a tractor-trailer. Its lunky and cumbersome and if anything, I feel like Im wasting time using it.

    The only time Ive found it useful, briefly, is when someone is just standing on the other side of a downed pallet. Do the chain and slow them for a second. But the chain breaks so fast.

    *The box: Sometimes I can see someone is doing it but I never ever get the option to teleport. This happens about 75% of the time. Are they not failing a check or something? When I can teleport to them, depending on the map, im either: Under them in the bottom level/above them in the top level, etc. The test realm random summoning was worse but it would be cool if when you teleport, you are literally on the person rather then having walls/mechanics cause issues.

    *Chains - The chains break way too fast; and since people know solving the box gets rid of them, people can always keep solving it making the chains a null effect.

    As a SURVIVOR:

    *Since you can see the box 24/7, someone can always be solving it so the chains never become a problem.

    *Since he has to stand still to use the chain attack, you know its coming and can easily avoid it by running at him, zig zagging, going around a corner, etc

    *I havent been in a match yet where we lost to Pinhead. You may get hooked or 1 person dies, but hes pretty easy to avoid/deal with.


    If anything the character needs a buff or a serious rework/rethink on how the chains/his attack works. You were able to quickly change it from the test area; im sure you can quick change it again..

  • @DeanIcity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479773#Comment_2479773

    Nobody with common sense would conclude what you just did based on all the feedback given so far.

    I expect a killer that works properly. First and foremost.

    Beyond that. I expect If the skill gap of the killer Is probably even higher than nurse, the reward should be at least as good as Bubba. It's not. Not even close.

    The skill gap Isn't the problem. The killer Is just weak and survivor's have far too much control over the box.

    Every single time a killer comes out, people get mad after a few hours of play time because they didn't auto-win every trial. Anyone with common sense can tell you to wait and practice, because you don't have anything close to a full picture. The killer might be weak, it might be strong, either way you simply cannot tell without any real practice.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482174#Comment_2482174

    Every single time a killer comes out, people get mad after a few hours of play time because they didn't auto-win every trial. Anyone with common sense can tell you to wait and practice, because you don't have anything close to a full picture. The killer might be weak, it might be strong, either way you simply cannot tell without any real practice.

    The killer Is weak. This Isn't a game where you need months to figure out things. This Is not a competitive game. The skill gap can only go so far. You can tell when something Isn't good. You can tell when something Is good. Many have already pin-pointed several aspects of this killer that are obviously not good with him. With detailed reasoning.


    I don't know how long you've played this game or how good you are at this game.

    I promise you though. You are not right with your opinion.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479604#Comment_2479604

    The chains feel like it's too punishing if you miss and too little reward if you connect. Your still a pretty good distance away from them. The box mechanic however I really enjoy.

    There's things that need to be tweaked if they wanna keep with this weird ass power

  • pinhead's ability has not played its due effect,Under the same utility, clown's ability can be better played and operated,Even with the second ability, humans can still solve it quickly and Let it invalidation for a long time.

    The difficulty of using a chain is very difficult, but its effect is very weak for mid-range and long-distance survivors or places with obstacles,Using abilities in normal games most of the time will only give survivors a lot of advantages.

  • @glitchboi said:

    1. What was the issue? Elaborate please.
    2. How does that make Pinhead trash tier, when that has nothing to do with his power?
    3. Give him time, he's a hard killer to play as. People said this for Blight and Twins, and look where they are now, in the S and A tiers.
    4. I highly doubt it was BHVR's fault on the voice lines.

    It's your responsibility on buying him.

    They said the same thing about PH during its PTB, that it would be low tier, now he's a good A tier.

    I think we have to wait for people to realise where and when to actually use his power, and how.

  • I left a comment yesterday saying how bad Pinhead was. My opinion has changed a bit after playing 4-5 hours tonight. I do still think he at least needs a chain buff. Really something more for taking the risk to use his powers but a chain buff at least. I'm iridescent 3 and been getting 4k if not 3k (Hatch gets me often) against good survivors. Pinhead is very perk and addon dependent right now. Thrilling tremors has saved me so many times its not funny. I think the perk combo of Tremors and Pop is great for Pinhead. I wouldn't use Ruin personally. Also I tend to use addons that speed up the chain hunt. Chain hunt is deceptively strong, the problem is that the survivors will typically always have the configuration in hand and cancel it out. Addons that speed up chain hunt and keep survivors away from the puzzle are what I find works best. Also I wouldn't try to do what some streamers do and down a survivor and immediately chase a different survivor to a completely different area. I only attack multiple people if they are grouped close together. If one is down and one tries to lure me away I'll ignore and hook the down. I find Pinhead to be a very focused killer, spreading out weakens your grip on the game.

1 2 ›