I dont understand this
So you said that you dont want to balance the game around high level play, yet you add skill based match making?
Have fun only seeing, nurse, spirt ,blight at red ranks, good devs, good job almo!
So you said that you dont want to balance the game around high level play, yet you add skill based match making?
Have fun only seeing, nurse, spirt ,blight at red ranks, good devs, good job almo!
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
That is not necessarily a contradiction. There is no "gotcha" moment here. Yes, yes they wanted to add skill based matchmaking and yes they do not want to balance top down. Rofl.
No only the best survivors will play against only those three killers. Just because you’re in red ranks doesn’t make you one of the best. I know I certainly am not despite me being red ranks.
That's not necessarily true anymore. They said in the announcement of it that they would be using the new data they get to help them make balancing decisions based on how things perform among the top players.
SBMM will also allow us to collect more detailed statistics for our design team to work with (e.g. seeing how a perk or power performs among the top 5% of players). This data will allow us to make more meaningful tweaks and balance decisions in the future.
I guess I'll be one of the few killer mains playing non meta killers...
I will believe it when I see it, personally. But I have no issue with it. I prefer top down balancing.
True, but it does go directly against what they have said in the past. The reality is SBMM will force them to do it, or the game will eventually die. Top tier players will get tired of playing as and against nurse every game eventually.
"just balance every killer to nurse tier bruh"
Anyway bhvr was never fast with balance issue so you can expect the first high level nerf to see the day in 2026
It's not only balanced around high level. But they do keep high level in mind as well when balancing the game.
And SBMM will help them gather more accurate data on what changes the game might need that could also help high level balance.
Why are you blatantly making up stuff? they have gone on record saying they dont want to balance this game around high level play
Where is this official statement?
Red ranks (grades) will mean less once active. The match making is base on a hidden number. Iri-1 can be reached by someone with a low MMR and won't reflect the skill of the player.