The pain of playing Plague

Vomiting on survivors with vile purge but not even infecting them due to latency or whatever. This happened to me 3 times in a row last night, feelsbadman.

Comments

  • when did this start happening? I haven't played as plague in a while.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    when did this start happening? I haven't played as plague in a while.

    idk, im pretty sure it has been around for a while now

  • I think it most likely just lag or desync but its nice to know that some people still play plague.

  • @Objectively_speaking said:

    I think it most likely just lag or desync but its nice to know that some people still play plague.

    It has been ages since I have seen plague.

  • The devs explained that only parts of Plague's vomit stream actually infect people. There are certain globs that apply the sickness, and then there are other globs that tie the stream together so it doesn't look like a bunch of orbs shooting out of her mouth.

    Why they decided this was the better option instead of making the entire vomit stream infect people I will never understand.

  • @QwQw said:

    The devs explained that only parts of Plague's vomit stream actually infect people. There are certain globs that apply the sickness, and then there are other globs that tie the stream together so it doesn't look like a bunch of orbs shooting out of her mouth.

    Why they decided this was the better option instead of making the entire vomit stream infect people I will never understand.

    I know that, but last night I literally hit them with a decently sized stream of vomit and they did not even get infected. There was no way that I could have missed that and I did. I even filled up my vomit bar at least over 1/4th. I am going to have to assume it was latency lol

  • I love playing Plague. One of my favorites if not my number 1 favorite but I definitely agree that it can be frustrating.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    when did this start happening? I haven't played as plague in a while.

    It's been an issue since dedicated servers. Though Plague isn't a popular killer so these issues don't get much attention.

  • That is fine, more vomit for them. I love puking on surivvor mains. It is probably BM, but I always projectile vomit in their face on hook, it is just so satisfying.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2472423#Comment_2472423

    I know that, but last night I literally hit them with a decently sized stream of vomit and they did not even get infected. There was no way that I could have missed that and I did. I even filled up my vomit bar at least over 1/4th. I am going to have to assume it was latency lol

    Well yeah, Plague's buggy and she gets cucked by latency all the time, as well.

  • It's a major reason I avoid playing as her

    She's at a huge disadvantage as it is being a standard M1 killer but having the game go LOL JK to the one thing she can do every once in a while is downright infuriating...

    Which sucks cause I think she's super fun to play as but it's not fun to hit people and have nothing happen. Especially if you finally manage to tag someone you've been after for 20 seconds.

  • I've given up playing as her for the most part lately. The only way I can reliably infect survivors is by puking on gens or pallets/vaults and forcing them to interact with them.

    It happens WAY too consistently that I puke on someone with vile purge, it connects, they make audio cues that they've been hit but NO infection whatsoever. It's like when this happens the entire stream is rendered useless too. I've unleashed almost a full stream of puke on a survivor and none of it infects them.

    This is a massive problem and BHVR refuses to even acknowledge it. I can handle it happening like once in a blue moon but it's becoming more and more frequent and some matches I've had it happen back to back to back constantly and it literally NEVER works.

    It makes her unplayable