Tips for new players

I thought it would be a nice thing for us all to post our personal tips for newer players that might come across the forums.

I would like to start with a Nurse tip.

Never, unless talking about an unsafe loop, chase survivors like on any other killer (aka, closing the gap). Remember that Nurse is currently the only killer that, by default, is SLOWER than survivors. If you see a survivor really close but not in lunge range, if you hold w to catch up to them, because they are faster than you, they will actually gain distance. Always use blinks to catch up to survivors (unless, as I said, it is a situation where you can use the lounge range to do so)

I think this is a really important tip, as I see dozens of beginniner Nurse players w chase survivors and obviously never catch them.

Comments

  • @Mr_K said:

    Run

    Really great considering most new players have a hydraulic press to hold their crouch key.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Run

    Never saw Meg not running.

  • Use Lightborn, our lord and savior. Ignore all the people who are super self conscious about picking up and think standing over a body, zoning them out, standing over body, committing to chase, and then risking an unbreakable or stun is worth it simply because one other person wasn't doing a gen while you accomplished literally nothing. Just level Billy, grab Lightborn, you see one rodent bring a flashlight, you put the perk on. Voila. The game just got 100% less frustrating.


    People who go on 800 winstreaks still get chucked (lol autocorrect) by them. They never stop being busted.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Use Lightborn, our lord and savior. Ignore all the people who are super self conscious about picking up and think standing over a body, zoning them out, standing over body, committing to chase, and then risking an unbreakable or stun is worth it simply because one other person wasn't doing a gen while you accomplished literally nothing. Just level Billy, grab Lightborn, you see one rodent bring a flashlight, you put the perk on. Voila. The game just got 100% less frustrating.

    People who go on 800 winstreaks still get chucked (lol autocorrect) by them. They never stop being busted.

    I love when the killer gets PTSD from my flashlight save so they check every corner of the map before picking someone up yet I manage to rescue the survivor again.

    Lightborn is really nice because a lot of confident survivors will just try to blind mindlessly while losing A LOT of distance.

  • Hmm, how about don't die and kill them all.

    Other then that, watch youtubers or streamers, that's probably the fastest way to learm something usefull.

  • @Kebek said:

    Hmm, how about don't die and kill them all.

    Other then that, watch youtubers or streamers, that's probably the fastest way to learm something usefull.

    The other way is using the brain. Is it worth self caring against a Myers that has had his Tier 3 for 5 mins now, considering I have IW3 and there are 2 gens left?

    OBVIOUSLY.