Deathslinger Perk Rework Ideas

1perk (4).png 1perk (3).png

Gearhead and Dead Man's Switch are forgettable and terrible perks, so I have decided to rework them so they could be a little more viable. Thoughts?

Comments

  • Good ideas. I like it!

  • That’s actually a cool concept for Gearhead. I’d probably keep the 2 hit requirement though and remove the cooldown

  • @Phasmamain said:

    That’s actually a cool concept for Gearhead. I’d probably keep the 2 hit requirement though and remove the cooldown

    I removed the two hit requirement and replaced it with just hooking someone so it could have some more synergy with perks such as Pop Goes The Weasel, BBQ, Thrilling, etc. After hooking someone, you know exactly which generator to go to and use your Pop on.

    If I kept the two hit req then, by the time you'd finish picking up & hooking the survivor, Gearhead would've had 5 seconds left before becoming deactivated. Not much value out of that.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    I like these ideas. I'd buff the duration for DMS though. You could use this to essentially guarantee a rescuer will go down if you get the obsession though, It could be problematic. That's why Make Your Choice has a range limit.

    I like your feedback. It would make DMS sorta like an obsession-only Make Your Choice. You would become exposed by interacting with the obsession in any way, but the killer should be at least 32m away. What would be your buffed duration? 60/50/40 seconds?

  • 1) I rly don't like the rework of DMS since I like the concept of it how it works now, however it just needs to be improved to be a viable perk. Your idea don't fit how the perk currently works well and also I don't think that perk would be good even with this change. I think the original concept is more unique and better it just needs buffs to be viable.

    2) GH sounds much better now. It would be great buff, however I would be scared if it wasnt too much since 30 seconds wallhack on gen is a long time. Maybe reduce it to 20 and it would be good.

  • Gearhead looks like a universally better version of BBQ and Thrilling with that rework.

  • The perks don't need rework but buffs. Their effects are clever but just not good enough and too situational. Just buff them and they'll be fine.

  • I like the gearhead idea, but it might be a bit much comparing to others, it should stay as is with buffed duration, and both skillchecks.

  • @GannTM said:

    Gearhead looks like a universally better version of BBQ and Thrilling with that rework.

    It's nothing like BBQ, it doesn't tell you where people are nor give you bloodpoints.

  • @ShakeyGames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468091#Comment_2468091

    It's nothing like BBQ, it doesn't tell you where people are nor give you bloodpoints.

    It shows you where you need to go though. I see what you mean though as now that I'm thinking about it, it could have its own uses while BBQ can also have its own uses. It's honestly a good buff to a perk that needs it badly.