For how long we gonna have weak killers?

Since oni or maybe twins the killers suffered a huge downgrade in comparison to the top tier, like nemesis and trickester are the newest and the weakest of the game, and pinhead maybe is on this same way. For how long this will continue? Making weak killers just to not enrage the survivor entitled community. I am not a dev, but the lack of strong and creative powers will suddenly dawn this game.

Comments

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    The issue is that the devs keep releasing killers with easy counters or downsides to using their power, and it's been this way since the beginning basically. Here's all the ones I can come up with:

    Trapper: disarmable traps.

    Wraith: lightburn.

    Hillbilly: overheat.

    Nurse: blink charge cooldown, fatigue after using power.

    Hag: flashlights destroy traps, traps don't activate for crouched survivors.

    Leatherface: overheat.

    Freddy: clocks, missing skill checks, waking up normally, slows down when placing snares.

    Pig: headtrap RNG.

    Clown: yellow bottles can speed up THE SURVIVORS.

    Spirit: can't see survivors in her ability.

    Legion: fatigue after using power, power goes away after 1 miss.

    Plague: cleansing fountains.

    Ghost Face: can be revealed.

    Demogorgon: portals can be destroyed.

    Deathslinger: chain can be broken.

    Pyramid Head: torment cured by uncaging someone, trail doesn't affect crouched survivors.

    Blight: fatigue after using power.

    Twins: Victor can be kicked or taken hostage.

    Trickster: knives DECAY automatically.

    Nemesis: T-virus cures, killable zombies, sprint burst just from infection.

    (I'm gonna cheat here) Pinhead: chains can be broken instantly by the environment and HIMSELF, cooldown on power, puzzle box cures everyone, teleport only available AFTER puzzle box has already been solved.

    Like, am I missing something here? Why are the devs playing so safe with the killers' designs? Why do most of these weaknesses and downsides even exist? You might be able to justify some of them MAYBE, but you can't justify the majority.

    There are things im not really agree but I share most.

    Ive never had overheat with hillbilly and I play without add ons.

    Ive never had problems of overheating with Bubba but Im agree that the "stun" after a chainsaw is very long.

    My opinion:

    Trapper: Its suffer a ton from SWF and searching for the traps.I would just rework him somehow to be good in all ranks.

    Wraith lightburn is plain stupid.

    Nurse rework please.

    Hag traps should be not able to be removed with the use.

    Pig needs more kind of traps and not finite traps.

    Pyramid head: Map manipulating killers ( idk which map manipulation does have? I would make the trenches to make surv go slower like clown.

    Plague: Could use some kind of chant to get the power from a distanced pool.

    Trickster: I think that he becomes 115% ,98% speed while throwing and knifes must be removed or they can rework it.

    Nemesis: tentacle apply contamination and damage a health state.He can use a tyrant rush to apply pressure and movement.Remove zombies.

  • I fail to see how Nemesis is one of the weakest killers.

    And even if Pinhead doesn't get any buffs from the ptb, I doubt he will be the weakest as well because he does have that built in slowdown.

    Since Oni we also got Deathslinger, Pyramid Head, and most notibly, Blight, who is a top 3 killer for most people.

    And since Twins we only got Trickster and Nemesis. I really don't feel like the killers we have been getting are in average so much weaker.

  • I think Twins are strong but the most optimal way to play is too slug. That's why I personally don't play them often (Even though Viktor is fun as hell) and I'm sure I'm not alone in this regard. I am still leveling some killers so sometimes it's weeks before I play any of my mains and I got a Freddy Ritual (One of my mains but have not used in some time) and I had fun even got a Mori off of devour. After so many games in red ranks it's sometimes nice to have the simplicity of Pig and Fred. I know Pig's not the strongest but the reason her and Fred are my main 2 mains is the game just flows smooth for me when they are used. I have been playing Blight alot and I have to worry more about what map I'm on (Slides off too much ######### on certain maps), If I'm going to get (what I feel) cheated on a Lethal rush, etc. Don't have those same worry with Pig and Fred I can relax a bit of sorts.

  • @KblokoBR said:

    Since oni or maybe twins the killers suffered a huge downgrade in comparison to the top tier, like nemesis and trickester are the newest and the weakest of the game, and pinhead maybe is on this same way. For how long this will continue? Making weak killers just to not enrage the survivor entitled community. I am not a dev, but the lack of strong and creative powers will suddenly will dawn this game.

    Until they figure out how to do match making in a not dumb way.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466482#Comment_2466482

    But Trapper is the most picked...that explains why escape RNG got a nerf.

    Trapper is also the poster boy and good at lower ranks. You know, where he doesn´t lose 4 gens by the time he set up half of his traps.

    We already know around what ranks the devs balance. Don´t we?

  • After pig is nerfed. Need to bring her down first.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466459#Comment_2466459

    Ok, i´ll give you the benefit of the doubt and will spend some considerable time playing them. Maybe i´m totally wrong and Twins aren´t as weak as i think.

    I play Trapper, Plague, Twins, Hag and Freddy. I would say Twins are safely in the upper middle. I am a big fan of how unique their playstyle is. However, you do gravitate toward slugging, even though I don't like playing that way, for whatever reason, you find yourself doing it anyway.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466526#Comment_2466526

    Trapper is also the poster boy and good at lower ranks. You know, where he doesn´t lose 4 gens by the time he set up half of his traps.

    We already know around what ranks the devs balance. Don´t we?

    I actually don't know which ranks they balance around. I mean, obviously not the top. Probably not the bottom. So, maybe 8 to 12?

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466574#Comment_2466574

    I actually don't know which ranks they balance around. I mean, obviously not the top. Probably not the bottom. So, maybe 8 to 12?

    They said in a stream that they balance around the majority of the playerbase. Since both sides agree, that a huge part of the survivor playerbase is simply bad (and therefore the game shouldn´t be balanced around high skill players), i´d say somewhere between rank 10 and 15.

1 2 ›