Would a replay mode work for dbd?

Overwatch for instance the server records the match from multiple angles and sometimes id love to see where i messed up and look from the survivor POV. (Missed a survivor in a bush for instance) and itd be helpful if you gave a "doing gens, You?" Team you can see what took a minute and 30 seconds to do the last gen. I think itd also make analyzing gameplay videos better since overwatch literally has a code system where anyone can put that code in and see your match. Idk if itd help with hacker reports as well but id love to see it happen. Anyone else?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • It'll make it easy to report hackers.

  • It would be good to be able to check the plays I have made afterwards. Were they good or was lucky etc.

    It would also be great to check and see where I went wrong.

  • It would be great to have, but I would imagine its difficult to add to already existing infrastructure without severely impacting performance even more than it already is.

  • Would love to see this

  • It doesn't need the server to record the match. Every client (i.e. player) gets all the updates over the course of the game (i.e. where survivors are, etc, even though you can't see it), which means you just need to record this locally and then be able to "play" it back.

    Once you've got it playing, there should be nothing stopping you using a virtual camera and flying around, or at the very least switch between views like you can already do as spectator in KYF

  • i honestly think it would help people willing to watch through the recordings, for learning purposes and such.

  • It's something that I would love to have tbh, because it would make reporting so much easier for people and that's like the main thing for me.

    On a purely personal level, I'd love to be able to watch my matches back to see where I went wrong in a match and hopefully learn something (I'd love to see it from the opposites side perspective as well).

    I get though, that it's an awful lot to put in the game.

  • It would be good to have.... to be able to look at certain situations

    But I lose confidence when we are still dealing with bugs and glitches

  • I'd certainly love it. Wishful thinking here but bonus points if it was a demo-style file anyone could load up in their game to see a replay of a particular match, would make it easier than ever to share matches and review one's own gameplay.

    And great for reporting too of course. Without it it's practically impossible to conclusively know if someone is "subtly cheating", as you can't look for the subtle signs that even the most disciplined user of subtle cheats (ones that don't have immediately visible effects, so stuff like ESP/wallhack) tend to fall for from time to time.

  • It's been a great addition to siege, it's interesting to see what led up to your death (if applicable, which for me it usually is) and what your teammates were doing in the meantime (which might be a mixed blessing)

    They use a similar top-down view to the ones they use in esports, I think dbd tournaments are pretty silly but some people enjoy them and it'd be useful for spectating that