New Freddy Set of Addons Idea
I was thinking of my first love, my first main, pre rework freddy, and I really loved him but his new self feels so boring. I loved the hit and run style of old freddy and playing unpredictable but I understand his current form has new lovers. But, I was thinking of the problems of old freddy, mainly the fact he didn't have any chase potential, so fully reworking him back to his original self wouldn't work. But then I thought about the pallet addons, the addon set that changes the way his power works. What if, that could happen again with his old power. Introducing my new addon set idea.
[ADDON NAME]
Replaces Dream Snares with Dream Pull.
Micro-Sleep and Alarm clocks disabled. Survivors no longer see The Nightmare while awake. Survivors will be pulled into the dream realm after a 6/5/4 second timer. Survivors while asleep have a 50% slowdown to healing and gen repair speeds. While asleep, survivors outside of The Nightmare's Terror Radius will have their aura revealed. The Nightmare's Terror Radius is shortened by 8 meters. Cannot be used with Dream Pallets.
The point of this addon is just to give pre rework freddy life again, and combined with teleport, which maybe cannot be seen by survivors unless asleep, could be really fun. I would love to see something similar to old freddy again, and it would be so much more interesting than this new snare freddy. Is snare freddy stronger? Yes he is lmao but I just loved being able to hit survivors and dissapear but still keep an eye on them, and then reappear and catch them off guard.
Comments
yeah i think they still have old freddy in the code somewhere. wish they gave the option with an addon to have his old power. simple fix to give those old freddy stans time to play with him, and realize how weak he actually was.
A weak killer dosent mean there is no fun to be had. Trickster is fun. Clown is fun. so i wouldnt mind playing old freddy every once and a while.
Fully agreed, im not gonna sit here and pretend Old Freddy was super good, but I still believe he was better than people thought, and combined with some new strengths, like new perks, teleport, new addons, etc, giving an addon that gives him his old power would be so much fun, and I know it would be very fun for survivors too, playing against someone that is unique but not an oppressive 1v1 chase killer
@GeneralV and I would love to see Old Freddy come back. You have our support!
Although, I'd prefer to have a toggle feature so you can pick what version of Freddy you want to play as.
Oh trust me, i used to main old freddy hard and I personally loved his playstyle and thought it to be good, and would love my suggestions just to be basekit. But your thoughts exactly thats why I went with the addon idea, make it where you can play either version
Yeah, there are people out there who (for some reason) love Modern Freddy, and it'd be cruel to just rip the killer they love away from them like Behavior did to Old Freddy mains.
At this point, I just want him back in any form. Add-on or not.
Same, I've tried replicating his old self on freddy and on wraith but its just not the same, I wish I could have him back. Hell, even use my addon idea to replace the pallet addon. No one really uses it and I don't see it being missed
Nah, I'd keep the fake pallets. They're the only thing that makes Modern Freddy somewhat interesting.
Give us Powerglove freddy where he can control surivors in the dream world
I agree but if we have to lose pallets for better og freddy, I'd make the sacrifice
Oh believe me, I would to.
Im hoping they somehow see this post or my idea takes traction and it happens, I want it so bad
I myself and many others have made threads expressing our desire to see Old Freddy return, yet Behavior seems hellbent on not bringing him back even though they still have his assets available.
My theory is that they just don't want to admit they messed up his rework.
they didnt mess up his rework at all honestly. it was a great rework that basically made him a diffrent killer. and that was the problem. the playstyles are so dang diffrent that it was generally a rework unlike other killers "rework" clown im looking at you.
Yeah, it's a shame he isn't in the game. I still have a small amount of hope he'll come back eventually, maybe with the next wave of Freddy changes (when they eventually come). I miss him a lot.
The rework was a failure imo because they made Freddy so damn boring for both sides. Sure, they definitely made him stronger, but I feel like most people would rather have a fun but weak killer instead of a boring and strong killer.
nah new freedy is fun to play . not against. just like trickster fun to play. not against.
Genuine question, how do you have fun playing as Modern Freddy? He's literally just Mr. Generic anti-looper.
i love clown, and freddy is legit just a stronger clown. so yes. i love all 3 play styles. snares. pallets. old.
Like I said with my post, I understand new freddy is stronger and there is a group that likes him as he is now, thats why I think addons that made him like his old self would be so nice