So is it bannable to not do gens?

I'm not talking about being slow or inefficient I mean legit not touching gens at all.

I just had a game where none of my team even went near a gen at all, 10mins into the match I'm still the only one to of touch gens and lead on chases. They're all just walking round the map not doing a thing

Comments

  • @cpt_hellman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2455096#Comment_2455096

    I had a game on swamp almost last an hour because 2 survivors were hiding

    Or because you didn't put enough effort into searching. The stick has two ends.

    I also have anecdotal evidence: I've never spent more than 15 minutes searching in my 2 years of playing DBD.

    OMG, people these days are expecting everything delivered to them and start complaining as soon as they have to put any effort.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2455495#Comment_2455495

    3 or 5 gens does matter .

    When you hold a smart 3 gen the survivors can't break I can understand giving up (it would still be holding the game hostage if they hadn't just let you kill them).

    At 5 gens they haven't even attempted to do a gen in the easiest time to do a gen, which is both griefing and holding the game hostage.

    A killers job is to kill all 4 survivors. Or as many as possible. a survivors job is to escape with as many people as is possible. A survivor not attempting to escape is holding the game hostage. A killer not attempting to kill the survivors (holding them there indefinitely) is holding the game hostage.

    Neither the survivors nor the killer should Be able to hold the other side indefinitely forcing a DC.

    The stick has two ends. If killer doesn't do his job, than he is guilty of the same.

    That's what those people say who complain about "game hostage". My opinion is that there is no hostage in either case.

    If devs didn't want the "hostage" situation, they would add a timer, just like EGC. I mean, I haven't played any other multiplayer games besides DBD where devs didn't put a match limit timer. If they didn't want it, there is no excuse for company of this size not to add a simple countdown timer.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2455085#Comment_2455085

    Hiding is not taking the game hostage either: the killer can stop it any time by finding the survivors. Holding the game hostage is only literally bodyblocking survivors as a killer while the EGC can't start, only literally unending situations qualify.

    Try playing Nurse in RPD against "immersive" survivors and come back and tell me what you think.

  • @vacaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2455096#Comment_2455096

    Try playing Nurse in RPD against "immersive" survivors and come back and tell me what you think.

    RPD is a trash map, that's what I think. It's mostly the map's fault. Try hiding on shelter woods from the killer for long and tell me what you think.

  • I'd honestly be curious to hear a mod weigh in on this. Intentionally doing NOTHING, just wandering around the map and hiding the whole time and crap like that should be - and I believe is - against the rules, if it can be proven. But there are times when, due to a challenge or simply my desire to be a support player for the match in question - I'll roam around and look for totems, go for unhooks, try to distract the killer, etc., and let the others worry about the gens.

    I think it basically comes down to whether or not you know for a fact that the other players in the match are literally contributing absolutely nothing and just roaming around avoiding getting anything done. I don't know why anyone would bother to do that as opposed to just going AFK, which is also against the rules, but I've never done it so I can't say.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2455646#Comment_2455646

    RPD is a trash map, that's what I think. It's mostly the map's fault. Try hiding on shelter woods from the killer for long and tell me what you think.

    So survivors should not get banned for stalling a game for 2 hours just hiding from the killer without him having a chance? Because i literally went afk on nurse on this map, i went to take a shower and lunch and the game was still going on, apprently this is allright.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I'd honestly be curious to hear a mod weigh in on this. Intentionally doing NOTHING, just wandering around the map and hiding the whole time and crap like that should be - and I believe is - against the rules, if it can be proven. But there are times when, due to a challenge or simply my desire to be a support player for the match in question - I'll roam around and look for totems, go for unhooks, try to distract the killer, etc., and let the others worry about the gens.

    I think it basically comes down to whether or not you know for a fact that the other players in the match are literally contributing absolutely nothing and just roaming around avoiding getting anything done. I don't know why anyone would bother to do that as opposed to just going AFK, which is also against the rules, but I've never done it so I can't say.

    I've done nothing entire match but walked around the map looking for yellow glyph. That's because I failed the skill checks 3 times and had to find a new glyph every time. If walking around the map and not doing gens would be against the rules, there wouldn't be challenges that require walking around the map and not doing gens.

    There are also challenges like doing 20 totems, so I would walk around the map and until I find all 5.

    I like to do my challenges as fast as possible.

    Edit: just wanted to add that there would not be any proof that they didn't spend that time doing challenges, for obvious reasons. So, for as long as challenges exist, there is plausible deniability.

  • @Junylar said:

    - "Is camping/slugging/tunneling bannable?"

    - "No, you play the game however you want, just have fun!"

    - "Is playing immersive and not touching gens bannable?"

    - "Of course! You always have to show yourself to the killer! You are not here to have fun, you are here for other players' fun!"

    @Alice_pbg said:

    that's called keeping the game hostage, so yes.

    No. It is not. Keeping the game hostage is ensuring there is no was for a game to finish (ie: 1 survivor remains and killer body blocks them in an area before the hatch is closed causing no way to progress unless the killer attacks you and he doesn't).

    Players will not be punished for playing immersive instead of gen aggressive.

    There is no way you know they did nothing.

    'Bond' will show only if you're close.

    'Aftercare' could show everyone... But only if they've been hooked, healed or healed you.

    'Empathy' could show you everyone but only if they're ALL injured which would disprove the claim they're sneaking around well enough to stop game progress entirely.

    So it seems they were not as gen aggro as you, you then died from being careless and being found over and over, and now you want players with a smarter strategy banned. Correct?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2455197#Comment_2455197

    Mods have already explained it: The Survivors can be punished if they are holding the game up for an extremely long time by spending all their time hiding and making zero effort to do gens (provided that the Killer is actually making an effort to find them).

    This only applies if by some miracle survivors can not be found after an EXTREMELY long period 1+hrs. If survivors are just hiding, any half decent killer will find them in much less time.

  • Don't think it's bannable but it's counter productive. Not doing gens means less chance of getting out also less blood points earned as doing gens is part of earning blood points.

  • @tester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2455659#Comment_2455659

    I've done nothing entire match but walked around the map looking for yellow glyph. That's because I failed the skill checks 3 times and had to find a new glyph every time. If walking around the map and not doing gens would be against the rules, there wouldn't be challenges that require walking around the map and not doing gens.

    There are also challenges like doing 20 totems, so I would walk around the map and until I find all 5.

    I like to do my challenges as fast as possible.

    Edit: just wanted to add that there would not be any proof that they didn't spend that time doing challenges, for obvious reasons. So, for as long as challenges exist, there is plausible deniability.

    The yellow glyphs are a pain. I remember having to re-do them. I wouldn't actively search for them cause I wanted to help my team as well but if I came across one I'd try it. Though one I came across was while the killer was chasing me and by time I got back there it was gone.

  • @tester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2455527#Comment_2455527

    Or because you didn't put enough effort into searching. The stick has two ends.

    I also have anecdotal evidence: I've never spent more than 15 minutes searching in my 2 years of playing DBD.

    OMG, people these days are expecting everything delivered to them and start complaining as soon as they have to put any effort.

    I did look hard enough it's just time consuming and boring, especially with all the places they can hide

  • If there is only one other survivor alive, it should be, or let me do the damned gens myself.

  • @voorheesgt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2455210#Comment_2455210

    This only applies if by some miracle survivors can not be found after an EXTREMELY long period 1+hrs. If survivors are just hiding, any half decent killer will find them in much less time.

    It doesn't have to be over an hour necessarily. Even twenty minutes of pure hiding with no attempt at doing gens is enough to call it hostage holding

  • No.

    Especially if you consider the ridiculous nature of some of the Tome challenges.

    Many require survivors to do things other than gens: be close but undetected by the killer...drop pallets...open chests...cleanse totems etc...

  • @voorheesgt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2455079#Comment_2455079

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2454986#Comment_2454986

    No. It is not. Keeping the game hostage is ensuring there is no was for a game to finish (ie: 1 survivor remains and killer body blocks them in an area before the hatch is closed causing no way to progress unless the killer attacks you and he doesn't).

    Players will not be punished for playing immersive instead of gen aggressive.

    There is no way you know they did nothing.

    'Bond' will show only if you're close.

    'Aftercare' could show everyone... But only if they've been hooked, healed or healed you.

    'Empathy' could show you everyone but only if they're ALL injured which would disprove the claim they're sneaking around well enough to stop game progress entirely.

    So it seems they were not as gen aggro as you, you then died from being careless and being found over and over, and now you want players with a smarter strategy banned. Correct?

    here's my low effort meme

    Image 38ol48 hosted in ImgBB


    edit - and the clear one. just in case

    Untitled Image


1 2 ›