Ruin Nerf And Kicking Buff

I think that the Meta would greatly diversify if Ruin began gen regressing, it was at the (50%/75%/100%) speed, and kicking a gen causes 200% gen regression.


this would make kicking viable.


Also, after a generator has been kicked maybe add a two or three second downtime of uninterrupted repairs where no progress can be made, and must be done all at once.

this prevents tapping gens to stop regression immediately.


Thoughts?

Comments

  • Not sure about the ruin part, but kicking definitely needs some buffs. I like your idea about disabling tapping gens to stop regress.

    Maybe kicking should give an immediate damage of e.g. 5 percent, that could also prevent survivors to just tap gens without any negative consequences. However maybe it would make really hard for survivors to get out of a 3gen situation.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    I think that the Meta would greatly diversify if Ruin began gen regressing, it was at the (50%/75%/100%) speed, and kicking a gen causes 200% gen regression.

    this would make kicking viable.

    Also, after a generator has been kicked maybe add a two or three second downtime of uninterrupted repairs where no progress can be made, and must be done all at once.

    this prevents tapping gens to stop regression immediately.

    Thoughts?

    Many people have said something like that and i agree. And this would make other mediocre regression perks like surge or opression viable. Going against ruin is unfun because you have to stick to the gen and at the same time the killer has no reason most of the time to kick the gen right now if he doesn't have pop, this is a change that i hope at least they try on a future patch.

  • We need to remember the game needs to be balanced. Ruin already works quickly so I don't think it needs a buff as it just gets less fair the more survivors you lose. Kicking could potentially be buffed but not to 200%.

    I think gens already take some time if youre alone or even near the end of he match. Last night I had a match against Demogorgon on Pre School and no joke three of us spent about 20 minutes trying to do the last gen, one on, one off, because he just kept portaling between the 2/3 gens that were left and it became a chore. Both for the survivors as we had to do a bit then run off and hide but probably for him too as he had to just cycle and repeatedly block gens. If the game goes too much towards slower gens you will end up with too much of that and people will just stop playing or DC when certain killers who are too fast are in a match.


    Perhaps gens could be modified in a different way i.e the more survivors are working on one the more skill checks you have to do. This means more chance of explosions and giving away the position. Or more gens where only 1/2 people max can do them. There should never be gens where all 4 survivors can work on it imo.

  • @jajay119 said:

    We need to remember the game needs to be balanced. Ruin already works quickly so I don't think it needs a buff as it just gets less fair the more survivors you lose. Kicking could potentially be buffed but not to 200%.

    I think gens already take some time if youre alone or even near the end of he match. Last night I had a match against Demogorgon on Pre School and no joke three of us spent about 20 minutes trying to do the last gen, one on, one off, because he just kept portaling between the 2/3 gens that were left and it became a chore. Both for the survivors as we had to do a bit then run off and hide but probably for him too as he had to just cycle and repeatedly block gens. If the game goes too much towards slower gens you will end up with too much of that and people will just stop playing or DC when certain killers who are too fast are in a match.

    Perhaps gens could be modified in a different way i.e the more survivors are working on one the more skill checks you have to do. This means more chance of explosions and giving away the position. Or more gens where only 1/2 people max can do them. There should never be gens where all 4 survivors can work on it imo.

    I was saying to nerf ruin to be less oppressive.

  • I do agree 200% is a bit much, though.

  • Sorry I must have misunderstood you. I don't mind Ruin as it is. Yes it's oppressive but it's meant to be to give you the incentive to find and cleanse the totem.


    I just think adding something else into the mix could be potentially dangerous for enjoyment. If you have ruin and a more powerful kick then two kicks and ruin could regress a gen to next to nothing in no time and it would annoy people.


    Perhaps it could be a balance? People have a more powerful kick if they don't have ruin? This would mean that even if the cleanse is done killers aren't left without anything..

  • @jajay119 said:

    Sorry I must have misunderstood you. I don't mind Ruin as it is. Yes it's oppressive but it's meant to be to give you the incentive to find and cleanse the totem.

    I just think adding something else into the mix could be potentially dangerous for enjoyment. If you have ruin and a more powerful kick then two kicks and ruin could regress a gen to next to nothing in no time and it would annoy people.

    Perhaps it could be a balance? People have a more powerful kick if they don't have ruin? This would mean that even if the cleanse is done killers aren't left without anything..

    that's actually what I meant, overall, Kick is stronger, and ruin is weaker.

  • I think you'll get a lot of opposition from killers to make Ruin weaker, personally. I don't see it being a popular suggestion.

    It feels like every killer is using Ruin at the moment though so I do see why people are calling for it to be changed.

  • @jajay119 said:

    I think you'll get a lot of opposition from killers to make Ruin weaker, personally. I don't see it being a popular suggestion.

    It feels like every killer is using Ruin at the moment though so I do see why people are calling for it to be changed.

    I think it needs a change because everyone uses it. glad we're on the same page!

  • If you are going to reduce the regression cap to 100% on Ruin, it needs to no longer be a Hex perk. As it stands, Ruin just isn't as good as Pop. Survivors are running Small Game and Detective's Hunch a lot more often these days, and even with Undying, Hex's are cleared very quickly. The few games that your Ruin does live, it's great if you are applying constant pressure. Honestly, I think Ruin should stay as is. It's always a gamble taking Hex perks, and you should be rewarded for the gamble, like you are now if your Ruin stays up.

  • @FentV1rus said:

    If you are going to reduce the regression cap to 100% on Ruin, it needs to no longer be a Hex perk. As it stands, Ruin just isn't as good as Pop. Survivors are running Small Game and Detective's Hunch a lot more often these days, and even with Undying, Hex's are cleared very quickly. The few games that your Ruin does live, it's great if you are applying constant pressure. Honestly, I think Ruin should stay as is. It's always a gamble taking Hex perks, and you should be rewarded for the gamble, like you are now if your Ruin stays up.

    Y'know, that's fair, but kicking could still use a buff. I was more focused on making kicking worth the time investment without perks.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    I think that the Meta would greatly diversify if Ruin began gen regressing, it was at the (50%/75%/100%) speed, and kicking a gen causes 200% gen regression.

    this would make kicking viable.

    Also, after a generator has been kicked maybe add a two or three second downtime of uninterrupted repairs where no progress can be made, and must be done all at once.

    this prevents tapping gens to stop regression immediately.

    Thoughts?

    Kicking is already viable and Ruin doesn't need a nerf.

    The reason it seems like kicking isn't viable is because not every killer can traverse maps fast enough to keep pressure with kicking alone without perks.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/275544/ruin-nerf-and-kicking-buff

    Kicking is already viable and Ruin doesn't need a nerf.

    The reason it seems like kicking isn't viable is because not every killer can traverse maps fast enough to keep pressure with kicking alone without perks.

    More Viable, then.

    I believe wholeheartedly the Devs know better than me, I just want to try to help.

  • Idk why you want to make ruin worse than kicking a gen. It's a totem perk you can remove from the match.

  • The kick part I agree with the ruin part i disagree. If ruin wasn't a hex i would agree.

  • Idk about this. I went with an idea based on Otz's slowdown change ideas.

    RUIN

    • Continue to regress gens at 40/60/80% when the Totem is cleansed. This prevents Pop from being used

    POP GOES THE WEASEL

    • Reduce to 20% and make all standard kicks (even without Pop equipped) take 5% off.

    CORRUPT INTERVENTION

    • Block 3 furthest gens for 120/140/160s, then unblock the closest one, and do this again every 30/35/40s.
    • Reduce all regression by 50% while Corrupt Intervention is active (Pop = 10%, kick = 2.5%, Ruin = 100% speed, etc.)

    SURGE

    • Increase to 8/9/10% and 40m
    • Only take 4/4.5/5% if the gen is regressing due to other perks like Ruin or Pop
    • Reduce cooldown to 20s. Pop has no cooldown, Surge shouldn't have a long one

    ERUPTION

    • Increase to 8% and remove cooldown
    • Do not activate Eruption on generators that are regressed due to other perks (for example, when kicking a generator with Pop, Eruption will not highlight it)

    OPPRESSION

    • Damage all generators instead of 3
    • Note that this would take 5% off all gens with the changes seen under Pop