Why do so many people hate Claudette?

What did she do to you? She’s an amazing woman that just wanted to live a normal life yet all you people just hate on her. It’s not her fault that the people that play as her ruin her rep. I guarantee you if it was actually Claudette herself controlling Claudette, she would be the most caring person for her teammates in every trial and it’s just facts.

Comments

  • I started playing Claudette more once she got the curly fro.

    Afro and glasses, she’s rockin’ my style. 😌

  • @NoelleMina said:

    I started playing Claudette more once she got the curly fro.

    Afro and glasses, she’s rockin’ my style. 😌

    Also I love dogs! Her shirt in that skin is amazing!

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451940#Comment_2451940

    I’m not worried about it though. I would honestly prefer to have a good time rather than becoming very good at the game. I mean I would want to improve at it as that’s part of what makes games in general fun. It’s just not something I’m super worried about doing though.

    Well, that's good. I'm kinda the opposite. I take this game too seriously and end up not having fun.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451948#Comment_2451948

    Well, that's good. I'm kinda the opposite. I take this game too seriously and end up not having fun.

    I do take the grind seriously I will tell you that.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I always heard that people hated Claudette because she blends in too easily with the rest of her surroundings. Because she's black I guess? I don't know, I never hear anyone say the same thing about Tapp.

    I like Claudette, I think she comes with one of the more solid perk sets. And anyone can blend into tall grass or bushes if they wear dark outfits, especially if they've prestiged as well. I've never had any issue with her as killer, the only female character that I seem to get regular attitude from is Feng.

    I think its because her cosmetics are generally darker and on top of that she's a smaller survivor.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451957#Comment_2451957

    I do take the grind seriously I will tell you that.

    How could you not? The grind sucks.

  • Hopefully they reduce that ######### soon. Still taking me forever to get Claudette maxed out.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451972#Comment_2451972

    Hopefully they reduce that ######### soon. Still taking me forever to get Claudette maxed out.

    Yes please. I'm not looking forward to P3-ing Demo, Nemesis, Leon, and Jill.

  • @Inspire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451900#Comment_2451900

    I think its because her cosmetics are generally darker and on top of that she's a smaller survivor.

    It's interesting that you say that because that's actually kind of what threw me - I figured okay, without bringing race into it, yes, I can understand that a character with darker skin will more naturally blend in with darker environments. But really, aside from her main outfit, I never had the opinion that her clothes were really all that dark. So I didn't really understand the "Blendette" argument. In fact, I'd actually use her more as I like several of her cosmetics a lot but they scream "I AM A GLOWING, GLITTERING TARGET, PLEASE KILL ME FIRST", lol.

  • The least experienced claudettes tend to be exceptionally dumb, and are a huge detriment to your team.


    The Semi-Experienced claudettes tend to make awful choices, and are unaware of their surroundings. But juuust aware enough that you know they know what they are doing is dumb.


    The most experienced claudettes are incredibly toxic, and equally unhelpful as the other two since they tend to be incredibly selfish.

  • I like claudette. What I dont like is P3 blendette immersed in a bush nearby me dying on the hook.

    But most claudettes are cool. She is one of the most played characters after all

  • Because i just dont like the survivor. She just seems lame to me

  • I actually love them (when playing as killer), they're so naive and pure... The other day I found one called "invisible survivor" and I kept finding them while they tried to be sneaky to no avail.

    But that said, they're generally terrible teammates.

  • @GannTM said:

    What did she do to you? She’s an amazing woman that just wanted to live a normal life yet all you people just hate on her. It’s not her fault that the people that play as her ruin her rep. I guarantee you if it was actually Claudette herself controlling Claudette, she would be the most caring person for her teammates in every trial and it’s just facts.

    In my experience, there's typically two kinds of people who play Claud. The immersed kind of Survivor who would rather kill their granny then ever take aggro, and then there's the super cocky Survivor who often is overly keen to get into chase. Them types typically are either god tier loopers or they're absolutely terrible. Depends on the player. Anyhow, as others have said, the character herself is fine. It's just that she often attracts some unpleasant players. The only character that I truly despise is Yun-Jin because according to the lore, she seemed like a truly terrible person. Considering that she's a Survivor, that's kind of worthy of note. Obviously, most of the Killers are terrible people too. They're literal murderers though so that's kind of a given.

  • because claudettes are selfish and go into a corner and selfheal instead of helping their team

  • Well since the beginning a majority of the Claudette players are ticking the stereotypes cases : either they are playing her for her good stealth ability and crouch around map which is annoying to see as survivor and as killer, or they are really toxic and usually good at the game, wears bright cosmetics and do anything to get chase aka following the killer around and not doing any gens. That second category is less popular today but was huge at a moment when a certain youtuber was still active and would abuse every exploit he could find.

    But i agree with you, she is beautiful and cute and i wish that we see more of "normal" Claudette in the future !

1 2 ›