I am getting really frustrated playing Trickster

I was playing many games with Trickster. I am rank 3 and most of the time getting coordinated swfs or really competent survivors who know how to loop and coordinate each other. I am struggling to get even a few hooks. They are just playing with me, having fun how much they can screw me. Not even scared of me.

It is hard to use his blades if survivors can break line of sight easily... And usually they can.

Trickster needs some buffs, some ideas:

- 4.6 speed killer

- Does not slow down when throwing blades

- can swap between main weapon and blades a lot faster.

- more knives

- laceration should start decreasing very slowly

- laceration should start to go down after a lot longer

I just had to write this down. Getting really frustrated.

Comments

  • "B-bu-but Trickster OP furgfhhrllfghf"

  • Tbh there is NO reason to play Trickster over Huntress. Huntress needs ONE shot for what Trickster needs six and also she doesn't has some weird-ass recoil and her attack is actually aimed at the center.

  • Trickster is fine. Buff him any more than he already is and he becomes too strong. Nerf him anymore than he is and he’s laughably weak. Unless that give a slight rework to his power, this is the best we’re gonna get.

  • This would just make him completely insufferable. He would be so oppressive in chases, people would just want to dc against him immediately.

    What Trickster needs is a buff to his map pressure. Some form of second objective maybe like Pinhead has. One suggestion I have seen is to have survivors perform an action in order to remove the blades from them. That of course could cause problems during chases where survivors want to try and avoid blades for long enough so the laceration meter decreases, but perhaps they could have a seperate meter for fixing yourself up, before you can work on gens again for example. And in order to do so you have to perform an action, for every blade.

    Something in that line would be great though. Some form of slowdown or map pressure. But no more buffs to his chase potential.

  • @TheMidnightRidr said:

    Trickster is fine. Buff him any more than he already is and he becomes too strong. Nerf him anymore than he is and he’s laughably weak. Unless that give a slight rework to his power, this is the best we’re gonna get.

    Do you play Trickster? What rank are you?

  • He’s pretty much Impossible to balance in his current form because even small changes lead to him becoming oppressive in the 1v1

  • Like everything else in this game, it’s the coordinated SWF that’s the problem. He’s fine against solo que players. You won’t win every single match against solo que, but you’ll have more fun and win more of your games against them.

    IMO, certain killers suffer more than others when facing SWF. Trickster is one of them. Have the same high tier- versatile killer face off against a good SWF several times, and his losses will more likely be due to using Trickster, opposed to wins using another char. Have this same killer vs. different solo que groups using Trickster, he will do just fine.

    Buffing Trickster to compete with SWF just makes it worse for solo que (another “like everything else in this game).” Just look at the Wraith debacle. Solo que wants a nerf, killers still want more to battle SWF. The imbalance continues.

  • Trickster just has a lazy design. Barring a rework of his power, he’ll continue to hover around the state of “average to unfair in 1v1 and trash at map pressure”.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    Trickster just has a lazy design. Barring a rework of his power, he’ll continue to hover around the state of “average to unfair in 1v1 and trash at map pressure”.

    How is he good at 1v1? I found it very hard to use blades, because survivors hug the walls very tightly,so can't use blades, or if I do, I manage to get 1-2 hits after which I need to do a few more loops to catch up. And most likely there is a pallet which I have to eat, then they run to the next tile and repeat. On certain maps there are loops with very short walls, but good survivors usually will not go there.

    But maybe I am doing something very wrong, so I would like to hear how to use Trickster well.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451677#Comment_2451677

    How is he good at 1v1? I found it very hard to use blades, because survivors hug the walls very tightly,so can't use blades, or if I do, I manage to get 1-2 hits after which I need to do a few more loops to catch up. And most likely there is a pallet which I have to eat, then they run to the next tile and repeat. On certain maps there are loops with very short walls, but good survivors usually will not go there.

    But maybe I am doing something very wrong, so I would like to hear how to use Trickster well.

    He can use addons which still build up the laceration meter even if you miss near them (ricochet)… And he only needs 6 full blades’ worth to injure you. He can be very oppressive in the 1v1, as long as part of the loop has LOS.

  • The only thing I believe trickster needs to buff him is miniscule but would be tremendously helpful.

    REMOVE HIS RECOIL WHILE THROWING.

    PC player, killer main, I hover around rank 1-2 every reset. Can play pretty much every killer (except twins) and have a fun game. Trickster though is just torture to play. Twins at least I know my problem, I can't time Viktor pounce good and I leave him in the open to often. Trickster though even with hundreds of hours on Huntress when I start throwing knives (whatever add-ons you wanna run ive probably tried them/combo them) and the recoil of his throw is annoying.

    I'll usually miss the first 3-5 knives just trying to adjust my aim which gives survivors distance (thx to slow down for holding power) or they reach a pallet with high LOS and just start a loop forcing me to play him as an m1 killer.

  • Here's my changes for Trickster, let me know your thoughts:

    Rework Showstopper:

    • Make the Laceration Meter fill with 7 blades.
    • Reduce blade capacity to 35 blades.
    • Change the blade capacity at which movement speed reaches 3.68m/s to 20 blades.
    • Make Main Event an Active Ability that can be held onto.
    • Allow Trickster to exit the throwing state during Main Event, without cancelling Main Event.
    • Increase Main Event duration to 20s.
    • Increase Main Event activation charges to 35 blades.

    Buff his map pressure:

    • Increase base movement speed to 4.6m/s.
    • Like with Huntress, better locker spacing would help.
    • Increase base movement speed to 4.8m/s when below 10 blades

    Rework add-ons:

    • Change Diamond Cufflinks to reveal Survivors for a stackable 2s for each knife they are hit with.
    • Change Iridescent Photo Card to only expose survivors whose Laceration Meters are 1 Blade Hit away from the maximum.
    • Change Death Throes Compilation to also reduce the Laceration Meter by 1 blade
  • @Tekno_Badger said:

    Here's my changes for Trickster, let me know your thoughts:

    Rework Showstopper:

    • Make the Laceration Meter fill with 7 blades.
    • Reduce blade capacity to 35 blades.
    • Change the blade capacity at which movement speed reaches 3.68m/s to 20 blades.
    • Make Main Event an Active Ability that can be held onto.
    • Allow Trickster to exit the throwing state during Main Event, without cancelling Main Event.
    • Increase Main Event duration to 20s.
    • Increase Main Event activation charges to 35 blades.

    Buff his map pressure:

    • Increase base movement speed to 4.6m/s.
    • Like with Huntress, better locker spacing would help.
    • Increase base movement speed to 4.8m/s when below 10 blades

    Rework add-ons:

    • Change Diamond Cufflinks to reveal Survivors for a stackable 2s for each knife they are hit with.
    • Change Iridescent Photo Card to only expose survivors whose Laceration Meters are 1 Blade Hit away from the maximum.
    • Change Death Throes Compilation to also reduce the Laceration Meter by 1 blade

    I am already running out of blades, reducing it further while also increasing laceration is quite a big nerf.

    Base 4.8 speed when no blades would be too fast in my opinion. The META would be to just go without knives and m1 people.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2453904#Comment_2453904

    I am already running out of blades, reducing it further while also increasing laceration is quite a big nerf.

    Base 4.8 speed when no blades would be too fast in my opinion. The META would be to just go without knives and m1 people.

    It's the same as 1 PWYF stack, which isnt that good. I'll up the number of knives though, thanks. I think the best way to increase map pressure is to increase movement speed in low-leverage situations, like when Trickster needs to reload.

  • Im actually confused, as they just buffed him like a month ago. Hes terribly annoying to face already and I often lose against him now. WTH do you mean Buff him? Get out of here with that. One was enough. I might agree on map pressure rework, but other than that you deserve nothing more. Killers are already getting buffed to much that its created an imbalance of power and favors the Killers far more... Side Note: I agree with @FeelsBadMan. Just play Huntress. And @KerJuice is right. Its the SWFs... Solos who get paired with a 3 SWF can also get screwed by those SWF lol!!!

  • @JanelliBee17 said:

    Im actually confused, as they just buffed him like a month ago. Hes terribly annoying to face already and I often lose against him now. WTH do you mean Buff him? Get out of here with that. One was enough. I might agree on map pressure rework, but other than that you deserve nothing more. Killers are already getting buffed to much that its created an imbalance of power and favors the Killers far more... Side Note: I agree with @FeelsBadMan. Just play Huntress. And @KerJuice is right. Its the SWFs... Solos who get paired with a 3 SWF can also get screwed by those SWF lol!!!

    You just need to learn to break line of sight, hug the walls very closely, go to places with high walls. If far away, wiggle left right when throwing the knives at you.

    I faced a lot of survivors where I couldn't use my blades, had to just run and m1 them. Which took quite long and had to break a lot of pallets.

    Also when the survivor is high on laceration another survivor can come and help by blocking the blades.