Getting worse

console lag/freezing aside, I feel like I’m getting worse as killer. Hopefully it’s just the issues with the game state but I’m starting to suspect that my skills are degrading. Anyone else feeling like this?

Comments

  • I doubt your skills are degrading, that is almost impossible, really. Between the latency and other changes that make the game even more survivor sided, what can you do? You will naturally perform worse.

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    console lag/freezing aside, I feel like I’m getting worse as killer. Hopefully it’s just the issues with the game state but I’m starting to suspect that my skills are degrading. Anyone else feeling like this?

    I wouldn't say degrading, but they can feel rusty or that my determination to do better waning when a bunch of issues occur within a match. It most certainly keeps me from wanting to practice Killers that require more precision until things are fully fixed.

  • I escape a lot less as survivor, but that's typically because of factors beyond my control (aggressive players, selfish players, totally green players, etc.).

    You're going to lose a lot, and if things keep progressing like this, you'll lose a lot more. You have to find something worth playing the game for beyond winning if you want to stick around.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I doubt your skills are degrading, that is almost impossible, really. Between the latency and other changes that make the game even more survivor sided, what can you do? You will naturally perform worse.

    It's never been easier to play killer, thank you for the laugh.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444777#Comment_2444777

    It's never been easier to play killer, thank you for the laugh.

    I mean, both of those statements could be true. They aren't mutually exclusive.

  • The pallet changes hurt a lot. You can hit a survivor through the pallet, hear the scream but it won't register. The stund area also seems to be bigger than before.

    Pallets are save areas again and on top of that, double pallets are back.

    Meanwhile gens go so fast that the killer usually loses between 2 and 3 gens in the first or a later chase.

  • @Tsulan said:

    The pallet changes hurt a lot. You can hit a survivor through the pallet, hear the scream but it won't register. The stund area also seems to be bigger than before.

    Pallets are save areas again and on top of that, double pallets are back.

    Meanwhile gens go so fast that the killer usually loses between 2 and 3 gens in the first or a later chase.

    Yeah i hate the pallet change, even though i think it's more fair.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444815#Comment_2444815

    Yeah i hate the pallet change, even though i think it's more fair.

    Whats fair about that?

  • Well, the game showing you hit them but also not hitting them is not fair but i feel like a lot of the time before, you could get stunned before the attack would actually land.

  • Do you want us to tell you you're losing your skill without knowing any of your gameplay? what's the point of this pointless post? to recieve hugs?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445022#Comment_2445022

    Well, the game showing you hit them but also not hitting them is not fair but i feel like a lot of the time before, you could get stunned before the attack would actually land.

    That still happens. Because the killer didn´t get the hit.

    But now, the hit goes through, the killer ends the hit animation, blood splatters, survivor screams, while the survivor starts the pallet throw animation (hands on pallet). But the hit doesn´t register.

  • I play this game since almost 2 years now, i would say killer has become much easier against your usual pub teams but i feel that swf's and good survivor have adapt to the changes during the last 12 months. They know it's better to split up and deny the snowball, pre-throw pallets because their mates are doing gens, they know how to abuse strong loops and how to counter some cheesy killer tactics and so on. During MMR where i faced mostly experienced and good survivors, you could easily see that, after they turned it off i rushed to rank 1 again in no time.