Deadlock is going to be a META tournament perk

The perk allows you to camp, eliminating the first person from the game ASAP. Deadlock will prevent the gens from flying as you're doing this. Once the first person is dead, I'd be surprised if less than 3 gens remain, especially because most tourney players run corrupt. Combining the 2 will NOT be a shift in the META, but will strengthen the current META, If you catch my drift.


Anyway, that's all I wanted to say.

Comments


  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442331#Comment_2442331

    Didnt you said you stop trying to explain it?

    Also, if EVERYONE waits it out, no one will die.

    If the killer camps, do gens, if it gets blocked, do another gen until its not blocked anymore.

    I understand on bothside, on Killers say Survivors can wait out. On Survivors it delays 30s on the last Gen.

    • As for Survivors, 30s can be another hook, which might be the last hook for one of them. In a situation when 1st guy death, 2nd guy on chase may be death hook, 3rd guy 100% a Gen and 4th guy 95% last Gen. Then the perk lock that 95% Gen for 30sec. Now that 2nd guy on chase could be death.
    • As for Killers, image 4th Gen done and other 3 Gens have 5-10% progressing. Which barely give benefit.

    The perk can either weak or strong depended on how far the last Gen progressing. But one thing I can assure that survivors can wait Corrupt out, but cant vs Deadlock. You're supposed to chase someone at those moment.

  • I deleted my original comment because it's just not worth the hassle. Posts like these give me a headache

  • @chargernick85 said:

    This perk has my interest. I know the post is about tourney play which I have taken a break from but The whole spread out on 3-4 gens from the start and 3 pop will change with this perk. Yes a survivor can wait it out, Yes a survivor can go to another gen, but the point of this perk is to stop the next gen from popping. 30 seconds is not much but I have has SO MANY instances where I am heading to a gen I knew was being worked on to POP it and the ######### pops before I get there. That is the part that interest me is holding it in place while I am hooking and coming to pop it. I actually want to try it with Thrilling to see how it goes (I run my own ideas not others) as Thrilling don't block the ones worked on (how you know where to go) so if they pop one thrilling told me to go to it will block any other Thrilling highlighted for me...Think I said that right.

    Lethal pursuer is meta. It goes fantastic with corrupt so you get the most value from it. If you hit the lottery and survivors spawn together.....You win. That rarely happens though it more of spawn in 4 different places next to gens/hexes but still.

    That is the part that interest me is holding it in place while I am hooking and coming to pop it.

    This was my exact train of thought when I first saw Deadlock, and I can promise you from experience that when that plan backfires, it will backfire hard.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443199#Comment_2443199

    That is the part that interest me is holding it in place while I am hooking and coming to pop it.

    This was my exact train of thought when I first saw Deadlock, and I can promise you from experience that when that plan backfires, it will backfire hard.

    Most perks backfire hard so not a tipping point for me. Hexes especially have this effect but still run them from time to time (apparently to piss myself off).

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443634#Comment_2443634

    Most perks backfire hard so not a tipping point for me. Hexes especially have this effect but still run them from time to time (apparently to piss myself off).

    I'm talking "You end up losing two gens because Deadlock stopped you from popping them back to back" hard.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443644#Comment_2443644

    I'm talking "You end up losing two gens because Deadlock stopped you from popping them back to back" hard.

    Sure. If that starts a pattern I don't like can always switch it. Your example would be sucky rng so lets hope for once the rng is in my favor.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443653#Comment_2443653

    Sure. If that starts a pattern I don't like can always switch it. Your example would be sucky rng so lets hope for once the rng is in my favor.

    Fair enough. The only thing I can say is that I am speaking from experience with this one.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443659#Comment_2443659

    Fair enough. The only thing I can say is that I am speaking from experience with this one.

    Fair enough. I just get bored with the same o perks. I like to try and make every perk work in some way even territorial I have had success with on fast killers (Oni especially) but draw the line at Monstrous shrine.....Wait Basement bubba/trapper lol I will see how that goes as well.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    You are forgetting one crucial detail

    Deadlock can affect the same gen over and over again

    This is what will happen

    3 survivors on gens 1 being chased

    Lets say gen A gets completed when you get the first one down

    Gen B at 80% gets blocked gen C at 75% will soon be done

    You start camping and it gets called out you are camping and deadlock is in play. The survivor of the finished gen and the locked gen go to other gens.

    Gen C gets done 20 seconds later and gen B being the gen with most progress gets blocked again. The survivor heads to another gen

    They fix them untill they reach 70-75% and then do them one by one forcing gen B to constantly be blocked

    That's 60 seconds to get to 75% and then 20 seconds for every gen pop

    By the time you are finished camping only 1 gen remains and 2 are at 80ish%.

    You have no hope at winning at that point.

    You will destroy solo's with this but against coordinated survivors you are going to need to pressure to make use out of deadlock.

    I think it will be strong but camping will be punished every time with it

    I said that this perk would likely be paired with corrupt. Now do your math again.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442885#Comment_2442885

    Consider this:

    In high level play, the optimal Survivor strategy is to spread out and hit gens separately so the Killer struggled to defend gens. If one person is going on one gen at a time, it takes 80 seconds to finish the gen. Then you factor in the travel time it takes to find a gen not blocked by Corrupt. By the time Deadlock finally kicks in and blocks the first gen, the timer on Corrupt will already be close to expiring. So to say that "four gens will be blocked after the first gen is finished" seems to me like an exaggeration because the time that the two perks will be active simultaneously is very likely to be short enough that by the time the Survivor who finished the gen and the Survivor whose gen was blocked by Deadlock move on to the next gens, Corrupt will basically be finished and will have accomplished about the same as it normally does.

    Like I said, it all depends on which killer is used. If you're playing against Supalf and he's playing nurse AND he gets a down in the first 30 or so seconds, there's still PLENTY of time on corrupt. Change my mind.

  • @Mozzie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/274493/deadlock-is-going-to-be-a-meta-tournament-perk

    You are grossly overstating the value of this perk. 30 seconds isn't a long time. When I face Deadlock I simply run to the next gen and start working on it or focus on another short objective needing completed. I suspect you will rarely see this perk played in a tournament. What perk do you think people will replace it with?

    30 seconds isn't a lot of time... ok we have a clown. Yeah it's true 30 seconds might not seem like much, but in a game where EVERY SINGLE SECOND MATTERS, there's NO argument. Travel time between gen = time you aren't really doing anything for the team.

  • @Rez_Marsiel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443110#Comment_2443110

    Like I said, it all depends on which killer is used. If you're playing against Supalf and he's playing nurse AND he gets a down in the first 30 or so seconds, there's still PLENTY of time on corrupt. Change my mind.

    "Change my mind" is internet talk for "You'll never change my mind," so pass. All I'll say is that downing someone in that time frame does nothing to make Deadlock and Corrupt be active simultaneously any longer, so as far as I can tell, my point still stands.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443848#Comment_2443848

    "Change my mind" is internet talk for "You'll never change my mind," so pass. All I'll say is that downing someone in that time frame does nothing to make Deadlock and Corrupt be active simultaneously any longer, so as far as I can tell, my point still stands.

    This isn't about extending both of their duration simultaneously. It's about the time when they're both up that really matters.

  • @Rez_Marsiel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443857#Comment_2443857

    This isn't about extending both of their duration simultaneously. It's about the time when they're both up that really matters.

    And I'm saying that the time when they're both up together will be very short because assuming optimal Survivor strategy, the longest amount of time they will be up together is 30 seconds minus the amount of time it took for the Survivor to find the gen that pops first.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443862#Comment_2443862

    And I'm saying that the time when they're both up together will be very short because assuming optimal Survivor strategy, the longest amount of time they will be up together is 30 seconds minus the amount of time it took for the Survivor to find the gen that pops first.

    Those 30 seconds will be extremely impactful, and like I said, only 2 gens will get done If you do the math. Very good nurse players will be able to get that first hook in less than 30 seconds easily unless they're a bit rusty.

  • @Rez_Marsiel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443427#Comment_2443427

    30 seconds isn't a lot of time... ok we have a clown. Yeah it's true 30 seconds might not seem like much, but in a game where EVERY SINGLE SECOND MATTERS, there's NO argument. Travel time between gen = time you aren't really doing anything for the team.

    My point is that you are making the assumption that it stops any survivors for doing anything productive for 30 seconds. In games I've played against deadlock I've done the following:

    • Moved onto the next generator (typically one closest so I can hear if the killer is even bothering to check the gen or not)
    • Move to position myself to unhook a survivor
    • sought out/did bones
    • Opened a chest to get an item to help move the game forward

    As soon as the killer leaves patroling, if they ever show up at all. I usually just go back to the gen and continue or leave it for someone else to complete later if killer didn't show up.

    I respect that you think this is going to be the next meta perk that tourney players are dying to get their hands on. I'll ask the question again. You're a killer in a tournament, which perk are you replacing for Deadlock?

  • Blocking mid-progress gens is pointless and it just prevents you from using other perks like Pop,ruin,oppression and eruption

    It is like giving survivors free repressed alliances lol

    Corruption intervention is good because it blocks them from 0%

  • @Rez_Marsiel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443864#Comment_2443864

    Those 30 seconds will be extremely impactful, and like I said, only 2 gens will get done If you do the math. Very good nurse players will be able to get that first hook in less than 30 seconds easily unless they're a bit rusty.

    Sorry I meant to say 40 seconds minus blah blah blah. If we want to be more accurate, it'd be this:

    120 - 80 - X, where X is the amount of time since the beginning of the trial where the gen that pops first was NOT being worked on - 2Y, where Y is the amount of seconds undone through gen regression. Unless a Survivor spawns on the first gen and is never interrupted, that will wind up resulting in a very small number.

  • @Mozzie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443854#Comment_2443854

    My point is that you are making the assumption that it stops any survivors for doing anything productive for 30 seconds. In games I've played against deadlock I've done the following:

    • Moved onto the next generator (typically one closest so I can hear if the killer is even bothering to check the gen or not)
    • Move to position myself to unhook a survivor
    • sought out/did bones
    • Opened a chest to get an item to help move the game forward

    I respect that you think this is going to be the next meta perk that tourney players are dying to get their hands on. I'll ask the question again. You're a killer in a tournament, which perk are you replacing for Deadlock?

    Probably POP... Or NOED... Probably NOED since it can be cleansed.

  • @Rez_Marsiel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443878#Comment_2443878

    Probably POP... Or NOED... Probably NOED since it can be cleansed.

    Come back and let us know how well it works for you.

  • @Rez_Marsiel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443100#Comment_2443100

    I said that this perk would likely be paired with corrupt. Now do your math again.

    If your going to camp there is barrelly any difference in the math.

    It doesn't take that much time to run to a different gen if the killer isn't pressuring.

    I 100% agree that it will be strong. But not if you camp. Hell if it's really a issue then comp people will just adept to hiding out corrupt

    Also my math was without any perks. If all survivors have prove thyself then 3 survivors can do a gen in 29ish seconds. Even faster with toolboxes

    There are still 3 gens popping if you camp. With a 4th gen on the way.

    Again if you actually go out and pressure this will be very strong but camping against a comp team will always results in a loss if they expect it

1 2 ›