So you say Spirit is OP?

But what should I do against 4 iron wills? It was impossible to follow the survivors, especially now with the scratch marks appearing a bit delayed.

I am also not a very good spirit player, so hints are welcome.

Comments

  • I think you shouldnt play her until its fixed honestly.

  • Spirit is bugged right now, normally you just listen to footsteps.

    Best you can do until they fix the bug is use scratch marks, if scratch marks stop you should stop phasing where they end because that means the survivor is crouching or walking nearby which isn't fast enough to get significant distance.

  • Listen for the rustling of grass and footsteps. The best spirit players never even ran stridor, because there are more than enough environmental cues to indicate where a survivor is moving. Bad spirits ran stridor because they were overeliant on breathing and injured groans, which made her stupid easy to play. Shes a lot like any other high skill killer, you need to actually git gud at her to be OP against iron will teams.

  • Kind of have to be a masochist to play Spirit in the current patch. No footsteps while phasing, and since most survivors run Iron Will, you have literally no input to go off of many times. Cool part about Iron Will is that survivors don't need oxygen at all when they have the perk, so it's completely one sided and they emit zero sound. Very healthy perk.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    Listen for the rustling of grass and footsteps. The best spirit players never even ran stridor, because there are more than enough environmental cues to indicate where a survivor is moving. Bad spirits ran stridor because they were overeliant on breathing and injured groans, which made her stupid easy to play. Shes a lot like any other high skill killer, you need to actually git gud at her to be OP against iron will teams.

    She does not hear footsteps in the current patch. And survivors with Iron Will emit zero sound. There's no "getting gud". Just experience and educated guessing.

  • Is the no footsteps while phasing a constant bug every match or does it happen once in a while?

  • People who say shes OP are bad and wrong. Dont listen to anybody, also not to me ofc.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    Is the no footsteps while phasing a constant bug every match or does it happen once in a while?

    Every match from my testing. I won't play her outside of a custom match setting because I'm not dealing with three Iron Wills and zero footsteps on an indoor map.

  • You go to the character selection screen, move your cursor over to Nurse, click, enter as many games with her as possible, build up your muscle memory, and dominate all the sweaty teams.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    Is the no footsteps while phasing a constant bug every match or does it happen once in a while?

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Kind of have to be a masochist to play Spirit in the current patch. No footsteps while phasing, and since most survivors run Iron Will, you have literally no input to go off of many times. Cool part about Iron Will is that survivors don't need oxygen at all when they have the perk, so it's completely one sided and they emit zero sound. Very healthy perk.

    I have my doubts if it is a bug. The Pinhead PTB doesn't have nothing about fixing it, even though it's been almost a month that way.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    You go to the character selection screen, move your cursor over to Nurse, click, enter as many games with her as possible, build up your muscle memory, and dominate all the sweaty teams.

    Bad advice IMO, you're basically grinding to unlock easy mode. Just keep playing any killer you want and watch streamers that play these killers. Don't main something just for winning, that's a miserable way to play this game. You can beat any 'sweaty swf' with most killers with enough experience. You don't have to use the built-in easy mode, being nurse, to do so unless you want to compete in tournaments.

    Also, yeah, spirit's 'bugged' right now, I recommend waiting for either a fix or a confirmation that she's staying this way.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442095#Comment_2442095

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442087#Comment_2442087

    I have my doubts if it is a bug. The Pinhead PTB doesn't have nothing about fixing it, even though it's been almost a month that way.

    I'm with you on this i think is a shadow nerve.

    Is it me or does sounds seem more quite as well. I have never used stridor on my spirit as well

  • Thanks for the comments and for the advice.


    I played spirit many months ago and it seemed to be pretty easy to track survivors. Now however it was a lot harder, I played 2 games, both 4 man iron will. Maybe I just need more practice.

  • Use father's glasses since it shows you blood while phasing.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442005#Comment_2442005

    Scratch marks are bugged, they have like a 2-4s delay before appearing.

    Scratch makes have been bugged since launch honestly. they have made improvements but are still unreliable at best

  • @Crowman said:

    Use father's glasses since it shows you blood while phasing.

    That only helps on injured survivors plus saying you have to use a iri add on just to make her power usable is kind of bs

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442286#Comment_2442286

    That only helps on injured survivors plus saying you have to use a iri add on just to make her power usable is kind of bs

    Well it's the only way to counter iron will as spirit right now. And if you really need to locate healthy survivors better there is stridor.

  • When you can play all other killers proficiently, then you will understand how OP spirit is.

    I can play her with basically no sound. But I never was a stridor spirit and mained her a long time.

    But, if you are new, you may struggle. Try using grandfather's glasses and it won't matter if they have IW.

    But, trust. When you can play trapper at red ranks on console and compete, well Spirit is a walk in the park.

  • @Clevite said:

    When you can play all other killers proficiently, then you will understand how OP spirit is.

    I can play her with basically no sound. But I never was a stridor spirit and mained her a long time.

    But, if you are new, you may struggle. Try using grandfather's glasses and it won't matter if they have IW.

    But, trust. When you can play trapper at red ranks on console and compete, well Spirit is a walk in the park.

    I was a spirit main from her release I loved her play style. I played her so much I didn't even want to play her for a minute.

    I also never used stridor it messed with how close they were to you been so loud.

    Thats kind of the point of a top tier they should be problematic and change the way you have to play against them. Is she perfect not I like the idea of getting a notification of some kind when she phases. I have been counter played as the spirit plenty of times but not been able to hear footsteps on any indoor map or somewhere where there is grass makes it a complete guessing game where the survivors are at

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442308#Comment_2442308

    I was a spirit main from her release I loved her play style. I played her so much I didn't even want to play her for a minute.

    I also never used stridor it messed with how close they were to you been so loud.

    Thats kind of the point of a top tier they should be problematic and change the way you have to play against them. Is she perfect not I like the idea of getting a notification of some kind when she phases. I have been counter played as the spirit plenty of times but not been able to hear footsteps on any indoor map or somewhere where there is grass makes it a complete guessing game where the survivors are at

    Yes, you are correct. But she is one of the few killers that can still compete with even this.

    I think you should allow her to see scratch marks when phasing and give some kind of notification when she phases.

    But there should be strong killers in the game. Not every power should be equal. Trapper inherently is weaker than spirit. Idk why people have a problem accepting this.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442321#Comment_2442321

    Yes, you are correct. But she is one of the few killers that can still compete with even this.

    I think you should allow her to see scratch marks when phasing and give some kind of notification when she phases.

    But there should be strong killers in the game. Not every power should be equal. Trapper inherently is weaker than spirit. Idk why people have a problem accepting this.

    I just don't know I've even been watching some content creators that have thousands of hours struggle to track when phasing. She can see scratch marks but they are just so unreliable to use as a main tracking tool

  • I actually don’t mind going against her anymore after the stridor nerf. Now both sides have to guess where the other one is which is more balanced than it used to be.

    You can easily lose her now by running till you’re out of her line of sight then backtracking, she has no way to tell where you are during phasing just like how survivors have no way to tell where she is or even IF she is phasing.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442095#Comment_2442095

    Every match from my testing. I won't play her outside of a custom match setting because I'm not dealing with three Iron Wills and zero footsteps on an indoor map.

    Wow and I thought I was just going crazy. BHVR better fix this or Spirit will be a laughingstock.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    Listen for the rustling of grass and footsteps. The best spirit players never even ran stridor, because there are more than enough environmental cues to indicate where a survivor is moving. Bad spirits ran stridor because they were overeliant on breathing and injured groans, which made her stupid easy to play. Shes a lot like any other high skill killer, you need to actually git gud at her to be OP against iron will teams.

    Which is ironic given so many survivor mains claim she is OP and impossible to counter as is.