Disable Red Forest until rework
It's unfathomable these maps are still allowed in the game with their current tiles. Their size, their safe loops and amount of pallets, it's just gross as most killers. And for some reason I get the maps at a higher ratio while playing Nemesis - why, I don't know.
Mother's Dwelling has a literal infinite window variant, spawning next to the staircase in the main building. The wall next to it is completely solid, no playing around it. I just got this spawn and nope.
Edited for a spelling typo.
Comments
I actually don’t mind it as killer.
The size won't change when it eventually gets its overhaul, just sayin'.
Did you know you can drop chases if they take too long?
Yeah, and does that justify infinites? Or why else were all the others removed from the game?
There are no infinites in the game since 2016.
Strode house would like to disagree.
Infinites were only possible before they added window blocks, after that nothing in infinite anymore.
Red Forest is the most boring realm on this game and I wish it was removed. As both survivor and killer I want to dc whenever I get any map on it, it's simply not fun.
It's actually so boring to the point where I'd rather play Fractured Cowshed as killer than Red Forest.
Window blocks only activate in chases. Good survivors exploit the requirements for chases so windows are never blocked.
Size won't change...and they will add breakable walls....so gonna have fun there /s.
"exploit the requirements for chase" that's a funny way of saying you couldn't keep the survivor in your sights and likely lost them.
Even with line of sight of a survivor, chases break. Even if they're not that far off. It's not a finely tuned thing.
That's also a way of saying survivors can walk when you see them at certain loops in order to not trigger a chase.
Chases don't trigger unless the survivor is running.
The chase breaking isn't exactly the choice a survivor can make.
So how is that an exploit? Are you saying survivors not running when they see a killer is now an exploit?
Maps the size of Red Forest, Ormund, and many others have no place in this game anymore, really. They were fine when people were far less skilled on average at the game than they are today, so all it does is make killers that lack map pressure do poorly and forces you to 3 gen to stand a chance of winning. I don't see a problem with there being good and bad maps for killers or survivors, but maps in extreme size are a bit much.
Lmao I didn't say it is an exploit. I said they can exploit the mechanic into their favor. The word exploit has a meaning outside gaming if you didn't know.
to farm endless windows, yes. are you purposely being dense?
If you can't get into a chase 'endlessly' with a survivor than that's 100% a you problem.
You're not wrong, but when used in this context it's not stupid for me to assume you mean exploiting it as in it's an exploit, no?
So because the survivor is straight up allowed to decide NOT to begin a chase, it is MY fault? Loops like the Strode house infinite allow survivors to get infinite uses out of a window without any penalty.
It is actually stupid just because I used exploit as a verb lol. Anyway mistakes were made.
it is stupid because you're intentionally ignoring the context of the conversation to make a "ha ha, killers complain about basic gameplay joke."
it's not helpful and contributes nothing
I have never not been able to get into a chase with a survivor, not even once and if they're walking the whole time how are you not hitting them and initiating a chase exactly?
why would I chase one survivor all match?
How are you not able to catch up with a walking survivor lmao?
So let me make this clear to you: in certain loops, you can periodically walk to not trigger a chase and still not get caught. The Strode house loop and the shack are 2 examples. (For the shack, when the killer sees you, just walk to the wall, then start sprinting because you broke los. Just by doing this the window is never blocked)
please go into a survivor match, run those perks and before you end chase willingly you have to say "I'm going to end the chase now" because if you really think every killer is bad enough to just lose you because you decided to is ridiculous.
https://youtu.be/7r3k8Q5E7Cg here I found a video in which you can see how this tech works.
lol this video is hilarious, the first match against the blight, only reason he got to use his "tech" was because the blight kept forcing his power over and over again instead of starting a chase, killer error.
This wasn't a video for me to show you how good the tech is, it was a video for me to show you how the tech works. It is even stronger at the Strode house.
Personally, I can't pull this off, because I'm not the best survivor. But good survivors won't have issues using this tech at the Strode house.
but this tech doesn't work on any killer with half a brain lol.
Ah yes. How would you personally start the chase when it is impossible due to the mechanics of the game.
What? You literally just showed me an instance of it not working and all the killer had to do was not use his power? Please show me this working an infinite amount and I'll believe it's actually possible but I have never seen any survivor use a window an unlimited amount of times and I bet you haven't either.
I'm not a fan of the map due to its large size, but I still do well enough on it, even when playing killers whose mobility isn't the best.
The main building can be insanely strong, but if I'm chasing a survivor that looks like they know how to run it -- I simply abandon the chase and pressure someplace else. I'll pressure someone working on the gen up there if I can, but if that gen gets done (and good teams usually work on it since it's a centrally located gen), then anyone running to the building can do so. I won't sink my time there.
You’re making the wrong argument. Killer can almost always start the chase, the problem is that on maps with numerous LOS blockers or if the survivor holds forward, it takes an absurd amount of time to start the chase.
OP: the map will never change because the devs are incompetent and think the balance is fine.
I have actually in a clip of someone getting looped infinitely at the Strode house.
This whole thing started because I said the Strode house has an infinite, which is pretty much known by everyone. So let's get back to that. A good survivor will easily abuse the way the chase starts, thus making the Strode house an infinite.
link it then
The killer starts the chase of course. But that doesn't change the fact that survivors can choose to not let a chase happen at certain loops. That's what causes the last infinite in the game.
I'm looking for it.
Ok I really can't find the clip. And I think it is because it was a twitch clip posted on the forums.
ah, good bait. you got me the first few times
The game still as infinite specially when you lose LoS and the chase get reset cause of that that mean the entity get reset too. I wont say were you can do the infinite but the swamp, haddonfield and red forest all have infinite im not sure yet for rpd most of the killer in that map just afk or dc