Reasons why people hate Fnaf being in DBD and why to move on from hate

Here I will explain why a lot of people hate the franchise so much when it is brought up with Dead by Daylight

One of the most common reasons is Fnaf is for little kids which makes little sense because of the age group bouncing up and down.

Fnaf was released in 2014, even if kids were playing or loved it back then, which they were maybe 13. By now they are close to their 20s. Fnaf's age group charts are similar to GTA and Call of Duty. The games focused on the older audience, but a lot of times kids would play it no matter what the target audience is.

Another reason some kids are interested in the main style of the franchise, which is a pizzeria full of family-friendly animatronics. Kids would jump right on to it without a second thought because most of the animatronics which in this case Fnaf 1, Fnaf 2, Sister location, and Pizza simulator can be seen as happy colorful characters. Because of this, Kids will jump right onto the fnaf train without even reading or wondering what the heck is going on in the game. Most likely lot of them don't even realize a lot of the animatronics are controlled by the souls of murdered kids.

Meanwhile, people in the teenage or adult group actually pay attention to the game and its lore which can be seen in fan theories and music.

Also, there is already kids who play DBD or adults who act like kids which sounds like the same thing for DBD fans when they try to make points why Fnaf should not be in the game. Like it's funny since lot people act like Fnaf would kill the game even though it's just 1 killer.Then, you get people that will uninstall the game if Fnaf gets in which I see in a good way because that means people that are more open to fresh/new ideas will stay or ones that just enjoy a new character.

Then primary reason people hate it on forums.......the non stop spam.

This discussion is not like the majority of Fnaf posts since here I am actually giving information and taking my time which only seen few people do in my time here.

A lot of the Fnaf discussions are hardly what I call discussions since most of them are low efforts, click bait, or trolls. For an example of low effort, The title can be "Fnaf in DBD" and they will have "Add Fnaf" in the description. This is the majority of the Fnaf posts people hate, which makes people rage when they see anything Fnaf related. Because of this, it hurts anyone actually putting effort in a post for wanting Fnaf killer which is most likely "SpringTrap". I have even seen some person spamming fake information here about Springtrap being in Dead by Daylight with photoshopped Tweets from Dawko and some other fake information.

I wanted Springtrap ingame but I even got sick of wanting him for a long time because of that. Never seen the person again or knew who they were, but glad it has stopped. What is actually killing the Fnaf idea is people spamming it with no good reasons or actual info.

What I just recommend for Fnaf haters here or people sick of the idea is to either ignore the posts or click on it to see what it is. If its hardly a paragraph then click off of it and leave no comment since its a waste of time. If it has more than a paragraph, read it and give your honest opinion on the matter. This way your actually giving worthy time to someone who actually put effort in a Fnaf post rather than some random person who won't even give time to explain about Fnaf in Dbd. Also if this would happen a lot then anyone who wants to make a Fnaf post would have to put real effort just for people to read and comment on the matter.


Now we move to the Killer that people want "Springtrap.

Here is a short summary of William Afton

Caused a pizzeria franchise that was made for families be feared by them because of murders he committed and the missing children he lured away which now haunt the animatronics unable to move on into the afterlife.


Then in an ironic twist Wiliam afton gets killed by his creation, the suit he wore to kill and commit the murders. Just like the children in the animatronics, now it's his turn to spend miserable years in a decaying, rotting suit. Even 30 years pass later and the Fazbear fright's fire did not end him.


He only finally died once Micheal [His son] and Henry burned William afton inside the reopened Freddy Fazbear building while they also in there. Now currently, William Afton lives in his own hell, facing the monsters he created from his foul deeds. There is no winning or losing, there is no 6:00 am goal. Just the never ending nightmare of his so called "Legacy".


People still called Springtrap kiddish even though he robbed kids of their childhood which ruined families and the community. Made a place that parents and kids felt safe into his own personal killing ground. Hid the kid's bodies in the animatronics and later destroyed the animatronics to cover his tracks which backfired on him. Then still proceeded to try to kill again after he got killed/burned.



That is all I am gonna share since I might make the Research Springtrap discussion like I did for Slenderman because I also have a strong feeling that lot of haters/dislikes are from not researching on why people want Springtrap/Fnaf ingame.

So most likely make the Research thing in December and just wanted to put this out to hopefully show points why Fnaf is hated and why it does not deserve the hate it keeps getting.



Here is a Fan made Trailer and a concept Spotlight which both fit perfectly in Dead by Daylight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-sh8TjrB-0 https://youtu.be/lQJNT40bQ_0


Lastly please keep this discussion Civil because most Fnaf discussions with actual effort go from 0 to 100% hostility, so again please remain civil and if you have nothing civil to say then don't comment.

Comments

  • @burt0r said:

    Damn, didn't read anything from this thread but hell damn can the devs please already make a FNAF chapter so this dumb discussions and the mountains of threads every new chapter can stop 🙄

    You know the main point of this thread was to show why Fnaf is so hated right?

    Even mentioned it was because of the Low effort fnaf spamming and reasons why people say children only play Fnaf but of course most people here did not read it then just choose to show more hate for Fnaf.

    Feel like most people just don't read anything and just comment what they think based on the Title of the discussion.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2431542#Comment_2431542

    Yeah I am going to post this under every FNAF thread in the near future just because I am really fed upt with it. Both sides are simply annoying at this point and to be honest they were already in the past. One will praise the franchise into heaven and the other damn it into childish hell.

    That just sends the message that if you spam enough, the devs will kowtow to you. It's not the kind of behavior you want to reward.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2431576#Comment_2431576

    That just sends the message that if you spam enough, the devs will kowtow to you. It's not the kind of behavior you want to reward.

    So then why haven't we had continued optimisation.

  • I don't understand your point.

  • I'm a little annoyed that when I post about fnaf, and try to be reasonable and just have a conversation, I get all the haters and trolls, but when someone else does everyone seems chill.

  • @GenJockeyNance said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2431046#Comment_2431046

    Neither is Stranger Things? It's modern and popular. I'd hardly call the show horror but it still got into dbd anyway. Same with L4d. That game is practically dead, and it isn't in the horror hall of fame either. I can say Fnaf hasn't won any awards but it has been in the world record for the largest number of sequels released in a year. Not to mention the merchandise they sell, the franchise is incredibly successful. Just because it isn't your taste, doesn't mean it wouldn't fit into dbd or shouldn't come in at some point, that just isn't fair if other people got the characters they wanted and telling a majority or in your phrasing, a small minority who want it to sit out in a corner while others have the fun.

    If I am remembering correctly Stranger Things got in because they actively wanted in.

    Aka instead of the DbD devs going to the License Holders. The License holders they came to the DbD devs.

  • @Deadlock said:

    I'm a little annoyed that when I post about fnaf, and try to be reasonable and just have a conversation, I get all the haters and trolls, but when someone else does everyone seems chill.

    It happens quite a bit to people.

    Think it depends on the first few comments and where the comments lead to.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2431754#Comment_2431754

    It happens quite a bit to people.

    Think it depends on the first few comments and where the comments lead to.

    Agreed

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2431534#Comment_2431534

    You know the main point of this thread was to show why Fnaf is so hated right?

    Even mentioned it was because of the Low effort fnaf spamming and reasons why people say children only play Fnaf but of course most people here did not read it then just choose to show more hate for Fnaf.

    Feel like most people just don't read anything and just comment what they think based on the Title of the discussion.

    Funny that you feel like most don't read and just post. Fells to me that you didn't read my comment carefully since I admitted to not having read anything in this thread in the first line already.

    And yes I normally would agree with you that way too many people don't read the full discussion and never notice that their opinion was either already represented several times or debunked by others already.

    But i am simply fed up with all the FNAF discussion that come up again and again and again since half a dozen chapter ago. One side glorifies FNAF into holiness and the other damns it to hell as being childish. It is simply annoying.

    And just like i was already made aware of by @Orion and others i have to refute my demand since it would only send the message to the community that the devs are pressurable to do it's bidding with only making enough of a tantrum.

    Still i would love an open Stance of behaviour to this license because these threads have become so exhaustingly annoying not matter if for or against FNAF in DBD.

  • @gatsby said:

    I think people hate FNAF because its got a niche small fanbase (talking people who play the games not just like the art-style or watched a play-through in 2014).

    FNAF is not “hall of fame of horror” status with millions of sales and its just an indie horror game series with questionable longevity. It’s a little bit insulting to compare FNAF to Left 4 Dead, Silent Hill and Resident Evil. It’s just not in the same category

    According to SteamSpy, the FNaF series is up to almost eight million copies in sales.

    According to Reddit, Silent Hill, as of December 2018, has sold over 9 million copies.

    Resident Evil is apparently at 110 million.

    If we're going by sales metrics, I think Silent Hill is just as niche as FNaF is, at least compared to RE. I don't really have a horse in this race because I'm not really into horror as a genre, but I do think that roughly 75% of the flak FNaF gets on these forums is due to obnoxious insistence on its inclusion, but a solid 25% or more is just trying to gatekeep a young franchise out.

    As much as people might hate it, FNaF's meteoric rise to fame has given it an iconic status as a horror franchise, no less than SH or RE.

    (And isn't RE halfway down the action genre anyway, rather than horror?)

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2431046#Comment_2431046

    According to SteamSpy, the FNaF series is up to almost eight million copies in sales.

    According to Reddit, Silent Hill, as of December 2018, has sold over 9 million copies.

    Resident Evil is apparently at 110 million.

    If we're going by sales metrics, I think Silent Hill is just as niche as FNaF is, at least compared to RE. I don't really have a horse in this race because I'm not really into horror as a genre, but I do think that roughly 75% of the flak FNaF gets on these forums is due to obnoxious insistence on its inclusion, but a solid 25% or more is just trying to gatekeep a young franchise out.

    As much as people might hate it, FNaF's meteoric rise to fame has given it an iconic status as a horror franchise, no less than SH or RE.

    (And isn't RE halfway down the action genre anyway, rather than horror?)

    "Isn't RE halfway down the action genre anyway?" Mhm. The first 4 games focused on its horror and 5 & 6 notably were the most action based Resident Evil games. They're not all that well loved in the RE community. 7 & 8 sees the games take it back to its horror roots. A good turn around of a decision on Capcom's part.

    This doesn't include the other games by the way like Revelations' series, Code Veronica, etc. Just main storyline.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2431673#Comment_2431673

    Funny that you feel like most don't read and just post. Fells to me that you didn't read my comment carefully since I admitted to not having read anything in this thread in the first line already.

    And yes I normally would agree with you that way too many people don't read the full discussion and never notice that their opinion was either already represented several times or debunked by others already.

    But i am simply fed up with all the FNAF discussion that come up again and again and again since half a dozen chapter ago. One side glorifies FNAF into holiness and the other damns it to hell as being childish. It is simply annoying.

    And just like i was already made aware of by @Orion and others i have to refute my demand since it would only send the message to the community that the devs are pressurable to do it's bidding with only making enough of a tantrum.

    Still i would love an open Stance of behaviour to this license because these threads have become so exhaustingly annoying not matter if for or against FNAF in DBD.

    Did not said you did not read post, I said some people.

    Also gonna be honest if Fnaf was slightly mentioned on forums and just stuck with videos on youtube we might have has Springtrap ingame a year or 2 already.

    Funny thing is I only liked Fnaf for lore and maybe slight gameplay even though never bought a Fnaf game in my life. I only ever bought the books because I love the paranormal/horror genre.

    I never really call Fnaf the "Holy Horror". I just like it for the neat set ups it has. I just get annoyed when people call it a kid game even though they don't really look into the lore. I get the gameplay can be or is kiddish but the lore is pretty good once you start reading to it.

    I only made this since Fnaf is been popping a lot more since "Clues" so I thought I might as well make a Fnaf thread on why it's hated since if I did it after Pin head drops it most likely would not get "good attention".

    I still find it funny people still use this discussion in other Fnaf discussions saying its a problem even though this thread is talking about problems with Fnaf lol.

    I do think Fnaf does have a chance due to being in Satisfaction Survey and how some clues can be connected to Fnaf but ultimately leads to Pin head. Though only chance Fnaf has is stopping all the Fnaf spams and random cliche "Springtrap won't fit ingame".


    Ps this is my first Fnaf thread.

1 2 ›