Please don't implement MMR while it's unbalanced in Higher Skill brackets.
Sure I get killers camping and tunneling, what the point of it if the Survivors has so many crap to work with?
1st game, Wraith in Hawkins. 3 Gens popped in 1 and half min in the game. DCed when the 4th Gen popped and still has not hooked anyone.
2nd Game, Billy in Fractured Cowshed. Me and everyone here was never downed and was efficient af on Gens, finished the game in 5 minutes.
I'm just a solo btw that knows how to loop decently and knows what to do objectively. These two killers were decent but got rekted by RNG and Teamwork (Bad Map and Bap totems spots).
Does the Killer getting a bad map with bad totems spots means they have low skill? Does the Survivors getting spoonfed with strong tiles + knowing how to hold M1 efficiently means they're skillful? Don't add the MMR system until the game is balanced please.


Comments
Your MMR is just too low ight now. Keep winning and you will reach your bracket.
If you really are that good, soon you will be getting some quality nurse + ranged killers gameplay.
Please, those guys are getting the coordinated SWFs. I know because I'm a Killer main.
I wanna know how the Wraith didn't get a first hook after 4 gens going while he was running both All-Seeing and Silent Bell on Hawkins. That's p wild to me with how many unsafe pallets there are, and with how no one had Spine Chill. (To be fair to him though, he didn't have an amazing build either, so...)
But still, it's kinda just the way that high-level games have always been. Maps swing way too far one side or the other (Like, Haddonfield still has all of the windows open in House of Pain, and that is absolutely disgusting on it's own, without mentioning everything else on that map.) Things like this are also why there's perk band and such with tournaments, because teams stacking so many great perks+communication (I know you're not playing in a SWF, but some SWFs do play like this) is absolutely nasty to verse for any Killer.
To be fair to the Devs as well, I think they'd have a lot of work on their hands if they want to balance around high MMR with the system, and I have no idea how they'd even start tbh. (Maybe by nerfing Trapper? /s)
They've already said they don't intend to balance around that level of play.
That's fine, you don't have to do a top down approach but they need to fix it.
It legitimately becomes impossible to win if you are good.
Or maybe, just maybe, they can use that finally as point of reference to balance around?
To balance something you need at least one fix point to work with.
Either the would have to balance around some criterium they as the devs set and then create a matchmaking with that balance or do what i said in the first paragraph and use this (maybe) working matchmaking and then create balance with that.
Oracle rekted Tru3Talent's Wraith with True only getting like 3 Hooks Max. That's something to think about.
Agreed, and hopefully (though I'm not betting on it) it's something we can see before the MMR system becomes a main-stay (As I think it's just a test rn? Might be wrong, haven't been on lol.), but I have a feeling it won't be with how many of those issues have been in the game for so long.
Scott Jund's idea is basically, Devs would never care about the balance issue in Higher Brackets (He even shown Mcleans statement that they don't want to focus on the competitive balanced of the game.)
Oh yeah, I remember those games- Tru3 really struggled, but I think it also kinda just goes to show how big the divide is between Comp/Tournament DBD and pubs.
Still tho, I guess I would have still expected Wraith to *at least* get a hook or something in 4 gens worth since Hawkins has such a high kill rate, but for all I know it could have also just been MMR being wacky, as he definitely didn't look like he had the build for versing a hyper-efficient team- though, I'm not sure how much that would have actually helped him in the game either.
Hakins have a high kill rate because survivor focus the wrong gen first. Wraith is easy to spot in hawkin too its full of corridor you can see the shimmer of the killer if he is inside 24 meter and you just need to look 1 corridor sometime 3. The pallet may be unsafe but if you run away when you drop it and use that pallet and the room next to it you can loop the killer for a long time if he dont break it so its only unsafe if you just stay in front of it and try to juke the killer when he go on your side. Bonus if you stun the killer you just end the chase no way the killer can get to you if you can control your scratchmark.
lol .. thats true
SWF stand for?
But seriously, my last two matches were survivors (my teammates) with 1 or 2 tier 1 perks. I must be a potatier potato than what I thought
I am not going to lie. its really strange playing with strong teammates. Its really awkward.
I am not so sure about that statement. why are there so many negative killer changes to the killer powers and why do all new powers have like 219239 negative drawbacks with like PHD degree to use them.
Nurse is the only practicable killer with high MMR, other killers get destroyed by top SWFs, no matter how good you are
I just gave up playing killer for now. I am rank 1 killer and i dont play nurse. So it is a terrible experience. Normally 3 gens are done before the first down unless i am playing spirit,deathslingler or blight.
Same Experience here lol, As A Survivor and Killer, 2-3 Gens are done by the time of the first down.