Frame rate drops - Console

I'm currently playing on PS4 pro and I'm wondering if any other consoles are experiencing hard frame rate dips at important moments? Such as:

  • Readying/releasing power
  • Picking up/Hooking survivors
  • Using exhaustion perks

And if so, what is your confidence that BHVR will fix it?

Ironically I wasn't having any problems at all before this, even when the DC penalty was turned off because things were so bad.

Comments

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    I'm currently playing on PS4 pro and I'm wondering if any other consoles are experiencing hard frame rate dips at important moments? Such as:

    • Readying/releasing power
    • Picking up/Hooking survivors
    • Using exhaustion perks

    And if so, what is your confidence that BHVR will fix it?

    Ironically I wasn't having any problems at all before this, even when the DC penalty was turned off because things were so bad.

    I'm not having any significant issues doing the things you listed.

  • I'm on ps4 and having same issues.

    Aside from the mega thread about performance issues (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245229/rant-its-becoming-harder-and-harder-to-enjoy-this-game-due-to-poor-optimization#latest) there's been a bunch of posts recently about the issues getting worse after the recent hotfix.

    @BoostedKateMain said:

    Ever since the latest hotfix, my game has been having FPS drops for survivor again and it occurs at random but it's pretty bad. I haven't played killer since the hotfix so I wouldn't know if it is happening on that side but this is getting ridiculous now that I can barely play a game with consistent frames. I was wondering if anybody else has been experiencing this lag over the past few days?

    @Boborjb said:

    I'm still having lagging issues whenever a killer does any motion eg Huntress throwing her axes. Is anyone else getting this? No other games seem to have any issues and only play online multiplayer so it's not my internet. Have had this since the RE DLC

    @tennmio said:

    Is anyone else experiencing the same lags, teleports, camera turns and malfunctions on ps4 like some weeks ago before they fixed it for a week or so? It is nearly as bad as it was before they fixed it. I am really sick of that. It feels like it is their goal to make console players stop playing the game. We had those problems for way too many months and now they are back.

    @FablPlayz said:

    It's just unplayable on console. And the devs do nothing to fix it. Or they're just bad at programming. Who knows


  • It is as you say. The PS4 port once again fails us.

  • Same issues on Xbox One...

    If I use an exhaustion perk, it gets wasted as I'm held in place (and worse, it often gives the killer a free hit/down)

    Nos37 playing Dead by Daylight. View more Xbox clips at Clips.Games

    Even worse is the fact that if I'm the killer and a Survivor uses an exhaustion perk, I'm held in place with dropped frames and the survivor gets free distance

    Nos37 playing Dead by Daylight. View more Xbox clips at GameClips.io


  • Same here on Xbox, console players are in the dark...

  • The answer is yes.

    Most people seem to be having issues.