New DC exploit?
Just had a suspicious game as the Killer. The match starts as usual, intro camera spin, I get controls and look for survivors. Found one, chase him, break one pallet, break the second pallet, hit him, find another survivor, hit the other survivor, break the third pallet, and then the game switches to end-game screen, telling me one survivor DCd while loading. And everyone has 0 points, as if those chases never happened. The guy who DCd was in SWF, and his friend said some bs in russian in chat, so I take they somehow did it on purpose.
What was it? They found a new way to DC without penalty, making the game think the player DCd while loading? I haven't recorded the game, all I have is a screenshot and a placebo in-game report.
Comments
I've had that happen before I think the game loads for some reason when someone DCs in the loading screen or honestly I don't know
It's a thing that happens from time to time. The game starts anyway but recognizes the DC after the fact.
I mean, by what they were saying in chat it looked like they did it on purpose. I played Wraith and the DC happened just after I hit the friend of the DCer. Could it be there is an exploit that allows a survivor to "suspend" DC while loading, so that they could dodge the whole game if they don't like the killer or something?
Most likely not.
The guy already crashed, but the game failed to notice that. At some point, the game realizes that one Survivor did not load in and cancels the game.
He "did it on purpose" as in he DC'd on a loading screen and the game still loaded, but cancelled.
No, it's just the game being crap. It's a bug that has been happening for a long time. Servers randomly decide that it takes them their sweet time to realize someone didn't load into the trial.