Will cross progression ever arrive? your opinions on this

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm just curious if anyone thinks that cross progression will ever arrive? I play on Xbox and would love to eventually be able to just play on my pc but have the same account and not lose all my hours and progress.

I don't personally see it coming ever, but at most not anytime soon which sucks.

Console just seems to be getting worse for performance issues which makes me wish I could just link my account to my pc.

Comments

  • @BabuDweet said:

    Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm just curious if anyone thinks that cross progression will ever arrive? I play on Xbox and would love to eventually be able to just play on my pc but have the same account and not lose all my hours and progress.

    I don't personally see it coming ever, but at most not anytime soon which sucks.

    Console just seems to be getting worse for performance issues which makes me wish I could just link my account to my pc.

    Usually we dump on the devs here, but in this case I'm inclined to think it's Sony & Microsoft holding this up. The devs know Cross Progression is badly wanted, and they say they're working on it and I believe them on this one.

    From the looks of things it is finally coming to Switch soon. As for Xbox or PlayStation, it may never happen sadly.

  • No cross progression between xbox and windows store dbd makes no sense

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/272971/will-cross-progression-ever-arrive-your-opinions-on-this

    Usually we dump on the devs here, but in this case I'm inclined to think it's Sony & Microsoft holding this up. The devs know Cross Progression is badly wanted, and they say they're working on it and I believe them on this one.

    From the looks of things it is finally coming to Switch soon. As for Xbox or PlayStation, it may never happen sadly.

    While it may happen for Xbox eventually, I'm confident in the fact that Playstation won't get it due to similar things in other games. With this I will agree that both companies (Microsoft and Sony) are probably the reason for cross play not being available as of now rather than the devs delaying it.

  • If it does happen and I get a good pc I'm 100% switching off the trash heap called console dbd

  • I need it. But sadly i think Playstation is the hardest (most expensive) to get. I just want to switch to PC and leave the sinking ship called old consoles.

    I would even be fine with a one-time-transfer.

  • I hope it comes for PS4/PS5/Xbox 1-Series X, but so far all we have confirmed are Switch, Stadia, and Steam.

    Speaking of Switch, the site has finished maintanace so this may be showing up actually relatively soon

  • I've given up on it. Sony is a #########

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/272971/will-cross-progression-ever-arrive-your-opinions-on-this

    Usually we dump on the devs here, but in this case I'm inclined to think it's Sony & Microsoft holding this up. The devs know Cross Progression is badly wanted, and they say they're working on it and I believe them on this one.

    From the looks of things it is finally coming to Switch soon. As for Xbox or PlayStation, it may never happen sadly.

    I'm confident that it's a BHVR issue. Moat other games that are available on Xbox for console and Xbox for PC have cross progression. And by most, I mean I can't think of a single game that doesn't but they might exist and I'm not aware of it. One of the biggest selling points for having Xbox Game Pass for console and PC is cross progression and even though DbD is available on Game Pass for both, it has no cross progression. It would be in Microsoft's interest to allow it. So I really can't see Microsoft being the reason for no cross progression at all. It must be BHVR.

  • Probably. Just not anytime soon... switch cross progression was announced over a year ago i think, and it's only now just looking like it's on the horizon. It takes a while to implement it seems and they have said it's currently not planned for PS and Xbox

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2428594#Comment_2428594

    I'm confident that it's a BHVR issue. Moat other games that are available on Xbox for console and Xbox for PC have cross progression. And by most, I mean I can't think of a single game that doesn't but they might exist and I'm not aware of it. One of the biggest selling points for having Xbox Game Pass for console and PC is cross progression and even though DbD is available on Game Pass for both, it has no cross progression. It would be in Microsoft's interest to allow it. So I really can't see Microsoft being the reason for no cross progression at all. It must be BHVR.

    This, but Sony is the problem. Same thing happened in Overwatch.