wheres all the pig love?

Why does no one love the pig? :'(

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • She's fun at first but the novelty wears out quick. A power that relies on RNG is pretty lame (see Freddy).
  • shes always fun it shows you if the survivors are caring are ruthless

  • I hate RNG in games.
    Also she has no tools to help her during chase and no map control

  • @Master said:
    I hate RNG in games.
    Also she has no tools to help her during chase and no map control

    if survivors are bear trapped you control jigsaw boxes

  • @friendlykillermain said:

    @Master said:
    I hate RNG in games.
    Also she has no tools to help her during chase and no map control

    if survivors are bear trapped you control jigsaw boxes

    And let the other do gens freely?
    Might as well tunnel him to death directly after hook instead of searching him at the boxes....

  • If you're chasing down survivors with traps then you're playing the Pig all wrong, dude.
  • why if hes rescue make your choice will one shot the rescuer which means you have no reason to tunnel.

  • The Pig deserves no love.
  • @brokedownpalace said:
    If you're chasing down survivors with traps then you're playing the Pig all wrong, dude.

    exactly

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:
    The Pig deserves no love.

    how dare you we just want freinds

  • sigh

    This is what we're up against @friendlykillermain . They want to hate us. It's confirmation bias in action - they see camping and tunneling because it's what they want to see.

    @Dwight_Fairfield said:
    The Pig deserves no love.

    That's... just... mean. I shall smother you with hugs until you change your mind. And if you don't change your mind, I'll bear-trap your head and tunnel you until you d/c!

  • 50% of her power, the ambush, is completely useless. Crouching makes her extremely slow and impaires her vision. In this fast paced game you can't crouch and find survivors. The ambush is also way too short and too slow to reliably hit survivors. They can spot the pig in advance as well to avoid it or sprint burst away to counter her even more.

    The other 50% of her ability, traps, are super RNG dependant. It's supposed to make the game last longer but the time it takes to get someone downed with no ability to help in a chase evens it out. It seems like survivors get it off the first or second time so many times it's hilarious how bad the pig is actually.

    I remember a dev saying she has the "best default kit of any killers" wow... Built in insidious makes her so OP right? Shows how little the devs understand about balancing killers. Well they play at rank 20 so what can we expect.

  • @Eight said:

    That's... just... mean. I shall smother you with hugs until you change your mind. And if you don't change your mind, I'll bear-trap your head and tunnel you until you d/c!

    Can I have the hugs, because I get plenty of the latter from your fellow Pigs already.

  • @friendlykillermain said:
    Why does no one love the pig? :'(

    I LOVE bacon!

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:
    Can I have the hugs, because I get plenty of the latter from your fellow Pigs already.

    You sure can!

    And in-game, nothing says "ggwp" quite like a crouched pig creeping up behind you to give you a hug.

  • Amanda was one of the reasons I watched SAW. She's super sexy.

    As for the game, she's not that great. I consider her a low tier Killer. But it's possible to make any Killer work with good enough mechanics.

  • @Goldengeartwo said:
    Amanda was one of the reasons I watched SAW. She's super sexy.

    As for the game, she's not that great. I consider her a low tier Killer. But it's possible to make any Killer work with good enough mechanics.

    shes a a tier at least yeah she doesnt have tools for the chase but her stopping power is unlike anything in the game pair that with a few addons and you have a destructive beast capable of making hour long games driving survivors to despair. and slow release toxin is just the solution survivors suffer from exhaustion which means the chase will be severely cut short as they cannot risk a pallet or even go trough windows this add on really makes the pig viable in even rank one gameplay unfortunately ive noticed even in prestige 3 the rate of this add on appearing is unfortunately quite low but still when used correctly she is unstoppable. if they ever buff her she will absolutely become s tier.

  • I have no idea if she's fun to play as because I don't own her (I wish I did) but she's my favourite killer to play against. Not because she's easy - she's not, and besides easy wins aren't that fun - but because she's really good at upping the tension and also the time-based puzzle mechanic (which box has the key? Will I find the right one in time? Which ones can I search safely?). The fact that she makes doing generators dangerous is IMO a really interesting mechanic, although the amount of teammates I get who either don't know how the Pig works or don't care and just pop gens like no man's business is astounding.

    I can see why the devs say her base kit is the strongest - she has a built-in mechanic for slowing down gen progress (so she doesn't need ruin or something similar) and if she still has traps left she's probably the strongest in the endgame. If you have a trap on your head when the gates are powered, the idea that you have to either get it off or find the hatch adds an extra layer to the usual open-the-doors-and-get-out-quick routine and makes it infinitely more interesting and dangerous.

    I wish more people played Pig. Even when I lose to her I feel like I won.

  • @friendlykillermain said:
    Why does no one love the pig? :'(

    In a tunnel currently

  • @friendlykillermain said:
    unfortunately ive noticed even in prestige 3 the rate of this add on appearing is unfortunately quite low but still when used correctly she is unstoppable. if they ever buff her she will absolutely become s tier.

    Not sure she needs buffing, maybe just give her cheaper add-ons or buff a few of them instead. :)

  • A tier is such a big stretch. Her traps are RNG (usually getting removed immediately) and her Ambush isn't much good for anything other than a mild mindgame around pallets. Aside from a select few her Add-Ons aren't very useful (Combat Straps should be on by default, honestly).

    I've gotten to Rank 1 with her but it's mostly down to her basic attack and mechanics. Basically I'd be better off with any other Killer.

  • @Eight said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    unfortunately ive noticed even in prestige 3 the rate of this add on appearing is unfortunately quite low but still when used correctly she is unstoppable. if they ever buff her she will absolutely become s tier.

    Not sure she needs buffing, maybe just give her cheaper add-ons or buff a few of them instead. :)

    yeah but still theres no denying if a survivor has a bear trap on with slow release toxin they will not get away ever. i just wish slow release toxin was more common because t is by far my favorite pig add on

  • @Goldengeartwo said:
    A tier is such a big stretch. Her traps are RNG (usually getting removed immediately) and her Ambush isn't much good for anything other than a mild mindgame around pallets. Aside from a select few her Add-Ons aren't very useful (Combat Straps should be on by default, honestly).

    I've gotten to Rank 1 with her but it's mostly down to her basic attack and mechanics. Basically I'd be better off with any other Killer.

    thats a bit harsh yeah the traps are rng but if thats the case then dont let the person with a trap on out of your sight. you basically bear trap a survivor hook them wait for them to be rescued immediately down the rescuer bear trap them hook them head off to the nearest jigsaw boxes if you have crate or bag of gear they should still be working on it you down them hook them and repeat beartraps are diversions not killing devices the timer is way too long to make them only effective at killing.

  • @friendlykillermain said:
    yeah but still theres no denying if a survivor has a bear trap on with slow release toxin they will not get away ever. i just wish slow release toxin was more common because t is by far my favorite pig add on

    Even if they increased the rate by 50%, I still wouldn't get any. The RNG absolutely hates my Piggy.

  • @Fibijean said:
    I have no idea if she's fun to play as because I don't own her (I wish I did) but she's my favourite killer to play against. Not because she's easy - she's not, and besides easy wins aren't that fun - but because she's really good at upping the tension and also the time-based puzzle mechanic (which box has the key? Will I find the right one in time? Which ones can I search safely?). The fact that she makes doing generators dangerous is IMO a really interesting mechanic, although the amount of teammates I get who either don't know how the Pig works or don't care and just pop gens like no man's business is astounding.

    I can see why the devs say her base kit is the strongest - she has a built-in mechanic for slowing down gen progress (so she doesn't need ruin or something similar) and if she still has traps left she's probably the strongest in the endgame. If you have a trap on your head when the gates are powered, the idea that you have to either get it off or find the hatch adds an extra layer to the usual open-the-doors-and-get-out-quick routine and makes it infinitely more interesting and dangerous.

    I wish more people played Pig. Even when I lose to her I feel like I won.

    same pig is one of the few killers fun to play against one of the reasons i stopped playing survivor i because on ps4 the rank s and 5s only play hillbilly and hillbilly just sucks to play against because lets just be honest he needs a bit of a Nerf in terms of speed. people need to play a bigger variety of killers because the staleness is just boring.

  • @friendlykillermain I know, right! One of the main reasons I don't like higher ranked play on survivor. It's just Billy or Nurse, all the time. Even if they were my favourites to play against, I think I'd still get bored after the 50th game against the same damn killer.

  • @Eight said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    yeah but still theres no denying if a survivor has a bear trap on with slow release toxin they will not get away ever. i just wish slow release toxin was more common because t is by far my favorite pig add on

    Even if they increased the rate by 50%, I still wouldn't get any. The RNG absolutely hates my Piggy.

    yeah i wish instead of being rng it was more so based ona survivors skill like if they fail a skill check then they enter a injured state or dying state depending on an addon and the key inside the box becomes inaccesible for a couple of seconds and survivors cant see where jig saw boxes are until a trap is put on them kinda like a nerfed rule set number 2 with the add on being changed 2 survivors cant see all outlines only one at a time.

  • @Fibijean said:
    @friendlykillermain I know, right! One of the main reasons I don't like higher ranked play on survivor. It's just Billy or Nurse, all the time. Even if they were my favourites to play against, I think I'd still get bored after the 50th game against the same damn killer.

    exactly their are more killers for a reason i cant even remember the last time i went against a clown or Freddy.

  • @Eight said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    yeah but still theres no denying if a survivor has a bear trap on with slow release toxin they will not get away ever. i just wish slow release toxin was more common because t is by far my favorite pig add on

    Even if they increased the rate by 50%, I still wouldn't get any. The RNG absolutely hates my Piggy.

    Nothing is more unsatisfying when you trap a survivor and 20 seconds later they pull it off :(

  • @friendlykillermain said:
    Nothing is more unsatisfying when you trap a survivor and 20 seconds later they pull it off :(

    Sometimes you have to look on the positive side: like because you've been tunneling protecting them, you get to down them straight away and put another trap on.

    You know they love that!

    I'm kidding... of course... would never do that.

  • @Eight said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    Nothing is more unsatisfying when you trap a survivor and 20 seconds later they pull it off :(

    Sometimes you have to look on the positive side: like because you've been tunneling protecting them, you get to down them straight away and put another trap on.

    You know they love that!

    I'm kidding... of course... would never do that.

    yeah we would "never" perish the thought

  • RNG ability lol

  • @Fibijean her ambush is not entirely useless. If you crouching the whole game your playing her wrong you only crotch when survivors start to become careless or if you know where they are and their occupied. Her ambush can also make small loops totally unsafe. 

    However... You are right that she sucks. If she crotches at a loop just run to a different one to gain distance and chances are she won't even know you ran due to reduced hieght. Her ambush is also easily countered by SB and can be easily juked. The only real threat are her bear traps but enless your supper unlucky chances are they will just waste a minute of your time. 
  • @AChaoticKiller said:
    @Fibijean her ambush is not entirely useless. If you crouching the whole game your playing her wrong you only crotch when survivors start to become careless or if you know where they are and their occupied. Her ambush can also make small loops totally unsafe. 

    However... You are right that she sucks. If she crotches at a loop just run to a different one to gain distance and chances are she won't even know you ran due to reduced hieght. Her ambush is also easily countered by SB and can be easily juked. The only real threat are her bear traps but enless your supper unlucky chances are they will just waste a minute of your time. 

    thtas the point waste of your time while the pig gets hooks and stuff. i also find burning a ebony mori as the pig makes her s+ teir

  • She's almost good enough. The roar with her ambush just needs to be removed to make it more viable. It's almost never worth using. Her crouch viewpoint is also too low. The fact that Rule Set #2 is an ultra-rare is just a joke, it should be in her base kit. I think these would help a lot.

  • I'm just throwing this out there, but that title would read completely differently anywhere other than DBD.

    Carry on.
  • @Peanits said:
    I'm just throwing this out there, but that title would read completely differently anywhere other than DBD.

    Carry on.

    oh my god when i posted it that exact thought went through my mind but it was too late to change.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:
    @Fibijean her ambush is not entirely useless. If you crouching the whole game your playing her wrong you only crotch when survivors start to become careless or if you know where they are and their occupied. Her ambush can also make small loops totally unsafe. 

    However... You are right that she sucks. If she crotches at a loop just run to a different one to gain distance and chances are she won't even know you ran due to reduced hieght. Her ambush is also easily countered by SB and can be easily juked. The only real threat are her bear traps but enless your supper unlucky chances are they will just waste a minute of your time. 

    thtas the point waste of your time while the pig gets hooks and stuff. i also find burning a ebony mori as the pig makes her s+ teir

    Than I guess any s tier killer become a god. As for the mid tiers they become s+ tier and low tiers become s tiers. Ebony mori's are the biggest game changers.
  • Her crouch/ambush is just still left in a broken/garbage state

  • If you're chasing down survivors with traps then you're playing the Pig all wrong, dude.
    Not really. The traps buy you more time to chase, they aren’t intended to kill. It’s pretty much impossible to die from rbt unless there are some weird circumstances. Putting on a rbt and forgetting about that survivor is a bad idea. You should try to trap and hook people near a cluster of gens and jigsaw boxes.
  • Title makes it look like this goes VERY off topic. ;)