The Trickster Nerf Keeps him Bottom Tier
"Fixed an issue where Cut Thru U Single and Edge of Revival could stack because we designed it that way and we're calling it a bug fix instead of what it actually is just so we can get brownie points from our cows."
Good job, you removed something that made Trickster actually fun to play as. Good thing my money got wasted on this Killer from the constant horrible changes you've implemented.
You want this game to be fun, but you're designing it in a way where it's antithetical to that. Pretty good job so far, right?
Comments
that combo was extremly busted, good riddance
It was the only thing that made Trickster a viable Killer (granted you didn't sandbag every shot) and, in my opinion, was the most fun I would have ever had with the Killer because it was a great and unique combination that rewarded a different playstyle altogether.
But we can't have fun and rewarding playstyles now, can we? No, we should just let Survivors keep on having EZ mode while Killers keep getting kicked in the groin with nerfs.
Or... maybe we can do what the Devs... at least tried to do. Nerf the add on, buff his base kit so he isn't only viable when run with 2 purple add ons. Isn't that one of the big current complaints about GF and Trapper? That they're too add on reliant? Why would you want to leave Trickster in a spot where he needs 2 purple add ons to be good?
Different playstyle.exe
Because they change up his playstyle unlike those two. Heaven forbid we rely on giving a Killer multiple playstyles.
And it's not like Trickster's not still add-on reliant. Now people will just be using more Iridescent Photocards because that'll be the single best way to get downs with him. The change was a band-aid patch and I guarantee you that once the kids start complaining about Photocard, it, too, will be nerfed and now Trickster will have no good add-ons outside of Melodious Murder.
Speaking of Melodious Murder, now that he has a buffed laceration decay and throw rate, looks like he doesn't need those add-ons that affect those two things, so now that limits his add-on usage even less than it does now. So guess what? Melodious Murder is going to be his go-to add-on, and so will Iridescent Photocard (because again, decay rate was buffed).
It was fine before 5.1.0, but it was honestly too much with the changes Trickster got in this mid-chapter.
I'm all for add ons that change up how a Killer plays. For that reason I'm not sure I like how they changed Death Throes Compilation... but... those 2 purple add ons just meant if you threw knives at the Survivor's feet, they'd get 1.5x the normal laceration. That's... not different. At least not really.
I don't know how add on reliant he is now after his changes, I've not had a chance to give him a try since then. However I still stand by that a Killer shouldn't be in a spot where running 2 purple add ons is the only way to make them good.
Melodious Murder? Is a +20% reload speed add on really sounding that good to you? I mean its nice, but probably not amazing. Besides, I think you've missed exactly what the throw speed buff does and what the throw speed add ons do. The buff was to the maximum speed he could throw knives. The add ons make it so he hits that maximum throw rate faster which will still be useful. As for the laceration decay... honestly, 10 seconds delay almost felt you needed the add ons for that to fix it. His old 20 second delay felt like you'd never need the laceration decay add ons. 15s could easily be the sweet spot where you don't need those add ons but they're helpful. Honestly the only part of his add ons I'm not particularly happy with is that the knife pouch and bloody boa are just... so bad. Also I think he'd be better served by add ons that lower the amount of knives needed to activate Main Event or let him hold onto Main Event longer over ones that make it longer. Usually it's long enough.