Is Spirit really the problem?

For the past 3 days I've been playing Spirit to really see how no sounds is really affecting Spirit. As a dedicated Rin Yamaoka main, turning into Hellen Keller when you use your power is a bit problematic since she has to rely on the most unrelyable killer mechanic.

Spiritprob.png

So my expirement mostly ended with survivor's DCing left and right and it really has me wondering.

Even as of Patch 5.1.0 is Spirit really the problem or are we complaining because she doesn't consistant counterplay such as Ring-Around-The-Pallet?

Comments

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2415512#Comment_2415512

    No what I gave you are legit things a spirit would do to get around all your counters, and Ill admit the 50/50 coin flip analogy is a pretty bad one since its pretty much never 50/50 when the spirit has a significant amount more knowledge about the situation then the survivor does when she phases. The reason people use it because when "looping" a spirit if feels completely random whether or not the spirit will hit you or not and if you are playing her correctly you only use small bursts of phase in chase so you will get hit eventually and usually pretty quickly as the better the spirit the less likely they are to make a mistake.

    People have tested almost every one of these counters against the highest level survivors in the game and they almost never work, does it work against meh spirits sure hell it'd probably work on me I'm terrible at directional audio.

    And you know what you have just demonstrated? a complete lack of understanding in how spirit plays at higher levels you can list off all the "counters" you want and say "you just want to win all the time" but we both know that's not what I'm saying and if you do think that's what I'm saying then boy howdy do I have a shocker for you, I barely play survivor, its like 10% of my play time maybe a little more or less depending on if I'm doing tome challenges or not. I also don't even play spirit the reason I want her nerfed is because by all accounts that I've seen I feel she needs it, her nerf wouldn't even affect me in anyway.

    So you don't play Spirit and don't play enough survivor to actually have experience with trying to counter her. But your here and ready to tell us how none of them work. Your opinion is irrelevant since you have no actual experience on the topic. It sounds like you've watched some streams and decided to go with their opinion. All killers will be able to mitigate the effectiveness of counters. That doesn't mean they don't work or aren't reliable.

    You're either flat out wrong or lying about counters not working at the highest level. Spirit regularly gets stomped on and teams like Oracle and others (I don't keep up with their names) have said she has counterplay, and demonstrated it. IIRC one team has said she has counterplay but they see how casual players might have a hard time with her. But that isn't the same as saying she can't be countered. Then there's all of the streamers that have repeatedly shown how to counter her and agree that she's fine as is.

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2415538#Comment_2415538

    So you don't play Spirit and don't play enough survivor to actually have experience with trying to counter her. But your here and ready to tell us how none of them work. Your opinion is irrelevant since you have no actual experience on the topic. It sounds like you've watched some streams and decided to go with their opinion. All killers will be able to mitigate the effectiveness of counters. That doesn't mean they don't work or aren't reliable.

    You're either flat out wrong or lying about counters not working at the highest level. Spirit regularly gets stomped on and teams like Oracle and others (I don't keep up with their names) have said she has counterplay, and demonstrated it. IIRC one team has said she has counterplay but they see how casual players might have a hard time with her. But that isn't the same as saying she can't be countered. Then there's all of the streamers that have repeatedly shown how to counter her and agree that she's fine as is.

    Pro teams say she has counter play because they just drop pallets immediately and they are coordinated enough to make that work that's why they say that(have you ever actually watched those games?). Just because I don't play her doesn't mean I've never played against her I have over 1k hours that means I still have at least a couple hundred hours just on survivor and its not like I didn't do my research on this issue, I've watched yes streams, videos, read posts and I have played her before at rank 1 and done very well with her I just don't like her because directional audio is something I struggle with so I don't find her much fun.

    But since you're willing dismiss my opinion regardless of my arguments then this conversation was done before it began, have a good one dude.

  • @nutmilk420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413924#Comment_2413924

    So you see sprit do her phasing animation you run towards her husk and blind it she gets forced out of the phase looking in the opposite direction, use pallets to cancel her phase and escape instead of trying to run pointless loops. Mind games are a huge possibility you can back track over your scratch marks, use perks like Dwm or deception to hide scratch marks well she phases. We all know about ironwill.

    Ya there's no consistently reliable one thing to do,but understanding the spirits power then making use of your environment to out play her is basically the counter. I can think of one situation the spirit was phasing toward one of my team so I just blinded the husk an she poped up in the middle of the map trying while close distance letting buddy get away.

    I don't know what game this individual is playing, but it certainly is not Dead by Daylight.

    Their first point is completely false - blinding the husk will not force the Spirit out of phase. All it will do is destroy the Husk and its TR.

    The second point, namely using pallets to cancel her phase, is a bit cryptic. However, if what they actually mean is employing a tactic that actively revolves around stunning a phase-walking Spirit, then....may Lord have mercy.

    Again, the last sentence again describes a mechanic that is not currently present in DBD. Blinding the husk does not force the Spirit out of her phase walk.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    Spirit is the problem. She lacks consistent counterplay, and there's no telling if she's faking her power or actually phasing. Not to mention that when phasing, Spirit has every advantage over the survivor while the survivor has to guess which move will be the correct one.

    Yes, there is. Look at her hair. When she's phasing, her hair stands straight up. When she isn't phasing, it's more floaty. It's not hard.

  • @Crowman said:

    Lately it just feels like survivors just sort of refuse to learn how to play against different killers. Everything gets called broken or uncounterable and we get a ton of topics complaining about how killers even kill survivors.

    It just feels like survivors want a really easy game where they escape all the time.

    Exactly. The amount of people complaining that they can't use the same tactic against every killer is pretty gross. Just makes me feel like the majority just want to bully and humiliate and if they can't, then the killer NEEDS to be nerfed into the ground.

  • Three DC's in one match and, I'm assuming many more in other matches and the OP still can't believe there might be a problem.

  • @madradfox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2415563#Comment_2415563

    I don't know what game this individual is playing, but it certainly is not Dead by Daylight.

    Their first point is completely false - blinding the husk will not force the Spirit out of phase. All it will do is destroy the Husk and its TR.

    The second point, namely using pallets to cancel her phase, is a bit cryptic. However, if what they actually mean is employing a tactic that actively revolves around stunning a phase-walking Spirit, then....may Lord have mercy.

    Again, the last sentence again describes a mechanic that is not currently present in DBD. Blinding the husk does not force the Spirit out of her phase walk.

    Well this is news too me bc every time I blind a husk I get points and she pops out of the phase, if that's not the case then I'm literally just running in the opposite direction and confusing her making the conter even easier to pull off. BTW I stun phase walking spirits all the time its really no that hard to time w a bit of practice but you probly just DC an blame the game mechanics for your poor situational awareness and no skill..

1 2 3 ›