What about a perk that lets you share auras to make solo Q a bit more bearable.
Basically if you see an aura not from this perk eg kindred alert etc your teammates see it too and in a simalar way if a teammate sees an aura you do to.
Basically if you see an aura not from this perk eg kindred alert etc your teammates see it too and in a simalar way if a teammate sees an aura you do to.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Then, we would have even more scared survivors hiding when Alert procs,,lol.
But seriously, it would be strong with Bond. My current solo build is Bond and Kindred, and honestly, it just kills me inside every time I see what my teammates are doing instead.
Let's not do that, people can run that perk and run either Bond, Kindred, Dark Sense, Alert, Object, Visionary, Maps and whatnot all mixed with Open Handed.
Crystal Beads are already a super strong addon for maps which will help locate totems for everyone, negating NOED almost for sure, negating any hext perk and doing the work Visionary already does. Kindred is already a super good soloq perk too. Getting bad teammates don't justify for a perk like this that might give so much room to abuse killers in a premade made by average players that are weak on communication.
That would be cool.
that would be too strong, even if you're not in a team, imagine that someone is using OoO with this perk
No thanks
I'm not sure about it. Not everyone would want to have the auras. Me, for instance.
Windows of Opportunity is a great perk, but the bright yellow tends to disturb me. If someone brings Windows of Opportunity... It'd be an annoyance for me.
I mean, the idea is great. I'd love to have a fifth perk if someone brings Kindred for us all. But I can't stand the auras of Windows of Opportunity and I don't like to use Bond. (I'm less alert when I use an aura perk, I tend to let the perk carry me. So I prefer not to have them. Unless it's Kindred, as it doesn't last the whole trial with no break.)
I'm not sure how it'd affect the balancing of the game. They'd likely have to buff killer as a result to see more during a match, so we'd end up at an elevated version of where we're currently at now.
I'd say it's fine as is. Plus, when I do run perks like Kindred or Aftercare, it doesn't really seem to affect gameplay too much with strangers.
Yea Bond has me shaking my head a lot of times. If it’s a fellow Xbox player, I’ll message them and call them out on their B.S. “Are you going to help us out or keep hiding in the corner?” That usually lights a fire. And then all their chases end short & they die quickly. Then I realize why they were hiding lmao.
Yeah I've been trying to use Bond and Prove Thyself in solo queue lately and there's just no reason to bring Prove Thyself. People do not do gens. I'm currently rank 11, and whether I get purple teammates or three rank 20s, people are terrified to play the game. I love seeing killers scream that gens are too fast. Have a life outside of DBD, and try playing solo for a few hours. It's a nightmare.
I feel you there. I understand people struggle in chase, but do a genny in between stealth sessions.
Yeah, no one sticks to gennys anymore, creep around and try to get a save and the hatch. I swear, some of these survivors actually believe their lives are on the line. Even at red ranks. But selfish q is the real killer in this game.
So 1 person running something like alert or empathy would count for EVERYONE running those and saving perkslots for something else?
IMO most of the aura read perks for survivors should be shared to the team at least partially like kindred.
yep SWF in a perk slot
This would just cut down on people running those perks because they can benefit off their teammates running them while they themselves swap out for other stuff and further drive home whats meta.
Not really because if everyone takes that approach then its a dud perk slot.
Remember how people insisted that an obsession should be in every trial, even if no one is using an obsession perk? Those people generally said that because they wanted the benefits of DS without actually equiping DS, but every now and then would get caught out when NO ONE equips DS and it turns obvious.
Point being, this would just get turned into another case of people assuming someone else is gonna have it and they can benefit off someone else's perk, until every now and then...they dont. Still doesnt make it a "dud slot" though since you are still equiping a perk that helps in some way or another. A dud slot would be if your idea comes out and multiple people are running empathy or alert since those slots after the first 1 isnt doing anything.
I only play solo but I’m in red ranks. 3 gens really do pop by the time the killer downs their first survivor if my team is competent (about half of my matches) and the killer isn’t Nurse, Spirit or Blight.
So no, it’s not a nightmare except maybe at lower ranks.
Anyways, back to the topic. We don’t need base kit aura reading. We just need action indicators for every survivors portrait. If a survivor is in chase, they should have a small icon of someone running, if they’re working on a gen, a tiny yellow gen should appear in the corner of their picture (same with totems and chests) , if they haven’t done anything useful for over thirty seconds, a little crow should appear on the top of their portrait. If they’re healing, a little bandage icon should appear.
This way, everyone knows someone is doing something and can make a better decision if they want to continue with what they’re doing or go for a save.
The only other thing Solo needs is better matchmaking. Yes, it should take into account people’s skill, but is should also consider the amount of time played. A player with only 20-50 hours of play time should never be lumped with or against someone who has 300 hours.