Buffed Wraith is just not right

Don't get me wrong, I am all for good position for wraith. He deserves it more than many other killers. But the changed Wraith is disgusting. The most annoying thing is his new speed when he comes out his invisibility since it is faster then sprint burst and it is a safe hit no matter what.

If their is a palett in his way, then just fake the uncloak put just a yellow or even a purple add on in and you destroy every palett in less than 1 second.

I don't want any big nerf but either reduce the length of his speed burst or increase the time to uncloak since the most disgusting thing is the range of his hit after uncloaking which makes him unfun, easy to play and way to effective.

Comments

  • If they fake the power and you drop the pallet rapidly vault the pallet, they will be unable to break it while you are vaulting it forcing them to uncloak then break it at normal speed

    he has counterplay you just need to play around his actions a bit more and be on alert more

  • Tru3's matches with Oracle proved that Wraith doesn't stand a chance against good survivors. You should probably watch them to learn how people play against Wraith.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3J-WImbQIs


  • @glitchboi said:

    Tru3's match with Oracle proved that Wraith doesn't stand a chance against good survivors. You should probably watch it to learn how people play against Wraith.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3J-WImbQIs

    NO killer can stand against a strong swf group, but I play Solo Q so it really has no effect on that. Solo Q is just a really terrible experience against wraith. Worse than the current Trickster imo.

    Besides that thank you for your feedback but I'm not gonna watch any Tru3 Video since I can't stand him and don't support anything he does.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    If they fake the power and you drop the pallet rapidly vault the pallet, they will be unable to break it while you are vaulting it forcing them to uncloak then break it at normal speed

    he has counterplay you just need to play around his actions a bit more and be on alert more

    If I vault the Pallet rapidly it may buy me 2 to 5 seconds and then he has his hit. That is not a counterplay. Still thank you tho.

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403589#Comment_2403589

    NO killer can stand against a strong swf group, but I play Solo Q so it really has no effect on that. Solo Q is just a really terrible experience against wraith. Worse than the current Trickster imo.

    Besides that thank you for your feedback but I'm not gonna watch any Tru3 Video since I can't stand him and don't support anything he does.

    Well that wasn't really the point, it was about the 1v1s against Wraith, not the 1v4 aspect.

    The videos were pretty solid examples IMO but it's really up to you.

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403572#Comment_2403572

    If I vault the Pallet rapidly it may buy me 2 to 5 seconds and then he has his hit. That is not a counterplay. Still thank you tho.

    *cries in spirit and nurse*

  • @glitchboi said:

    Tru3's match with Oracle proved that Wraith doesn't stand a chance against good survivors. You should probably watch it to learn how people play against Wraith.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3J-WImbQIs

    Okay I watched it because I appreciate feedback and doesn't want to act like a child, but man.. this is embarrassing tho. Not to shame him, but he cloakes WAY TOO EARLY, then misscalculates the lunch and then doesn't cloak to use his add-on. Besides that the map was pretty strong for the survivors. Back to back windows are quite strong tho. This doesn't prove that Wraith is in a bad spot, this just proves that Tru3 didn't play good this match.

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403572#Comment_2403572

    If I vault the Pallet rapidly it may buy me 2 to 5 seconds and then he has his hit. That is not a counterplay. Still thank you tho.

    Thats not what I mean

    If he fakes his power to make you drop a pallet aka uncloaking but canceling uncloaking after you drop the pallet, you can rapidly vault the pallet which forces him to uncloak and threaten a hit just to actually break the pallet you don't keep vaulting after he is uncloaked and give him a free hit

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403607#Comment_2403607

    Thats not what I mean

    If he fakes his power to make you drop a pallet aka uncloaking but canceling uncloaking after you drop the pallet, you can rapidly vault the pallet which forces him to uncloak and threaten a hit just to actually break the pallet you don't keep vaulting after he is uncloaked and give him a free hit

    I don't understand. If I drop it, vault it (which is on his side) then what now? He uncloakes and hits me. I really don't get this strat to be honest, sorry.

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403589#Comment_2403589

    Okay I watched it because I appreciate feedback and doesn't want to act like a child, but man.. this is embarrassing tho. Not to shame him, but he cloakes WAY TOO EARLY, then misscalculates the lunch and then doesn't cloak to use his add-on. Besides that the map was pretty strong for the survivors. Back to back windows are quite strong tho. This doesn't prove that Wraith is in a bad spot, this just proves that Tru3 didn't play good this match.

    There's 4 other parts of him versing Oracle as Wraith.

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403639#Comment_2403639

    I don't understand. If I drop it, vault it (which is on his side) then what now? He uncloakes and hits me. I really don't get this strat to be honest, sorry.

    Wraith can't break pallets while you are vaulting them, while he is cloaked keep vaulting the pallet back and forth to force him to uncloak to break the pallet, when he is close to being uncloaked don't vault back into him?

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403655#Comment_2403655

    Wraith can't break pallets while you are vaulting them, while he is cloaked keep vaulting the pallet back and forth to force him to uncloak to break the pallet, when he is close to being uncloaked don't vault back into him?

    Then he breaks it I get hit or the palett is so unsafe that I can't do it. It is still not a counterplay. Like even the yellow add on makes it, that you don't get far enough.

  • Spine chill.

    In all reality, Wraith still needs buffs in his re-cloak and uncloak speeds if anything, they are basically the new must run addons on him, basically only exchanged from the windstorm addons. Ultimately, however, its healthier for the game that more of a killers power is in the base effect than in the addons because it makes them more consistent, which allows survivors to be buffed/tuned around that consistency.

    Literally the only reason survivors will never be buffed/tuned correctly is going to be because killers are wildly inconsistent with their split power budgets.

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403695#Comment_2403695

    Then he breaks it I get hit or the palett is so unsafe that I can't do it. It is still not a counterplay. Like even the yellow add on makes it, that you don't get far enough.

    I give up on this since I don't have a clip to show it in action

  • The best way to understand wraith, is to play him yourself. I played him now multiple times and jesus, just move up their asses, uncloak and lunch like a mad man = Easy hit. Just repeat it.

    Palett? No problem! If they camp it, just fake the uncloak and destroy it! If they fake the drop, just uncloak and hit them. It is really no big deal. Just windows can be a small problem if they have a bad setup, but just play Bamboozle and the day is safed. This killer is strong and I think he deserses it kinda and yes I agree with making Addons more of his base kit - which goes for every killer overall, but this is too much. It is not fun for the killer (alteast for me) and not for the survivor.

    I like to play Huntress or Trickster - Huntress cause she takes skill and it is such a nice feeling to hit a nice shot. Trickster just because I like his look lol. Wraith takes 0 skill and is way too effecient. And no, spine chill doesn't counter him, since you can't hide against him - especially if you play Sloopy Butcher and Nurses.

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403695#Comment_2403695

    Then he breaks it I get hit or the palett is so unsafe that I can't do it. It is still not a counterplay. Like even the yellow add on makes it, that you don't get far enough.

    https://youtu.be/x6p4OtdwOy0?t=58

    It is with time, just look at this and maybe you will get it.

    It is very annoying for wraith, because it negates one of his best add-ons.

    Another good idea is to wait near windows when he is cloaked.

    I love to play current Wraith. It is super fun and you can use lot of different build with good add-ons, but he is nowhere near OP.

    If you want to know how to play against him, try to play him and just do what survivors will do against you. That works for any killer.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403723#Comment_2403723

    https://youtu.be/x6p4OtdwOy0?t=58

    It is with time, just look at this and maybe you will get it.

    It is very annoying for wraith, because it negates one of his best add-ons.

    Another good idea is to wait near windows when he is cloaked.

    I love to play current Wraith. It is super fun and you can use lot of different build with good add-ons, but he is nowhere near OP.

    If you want to know how to play against him, try to play him and just do what survivors will do against you. That works for any killer.

    1. Thank you so much for your effort!
    2. I get it, but like I said, it only buys few seconda and if she wouldn't have the window their she would've gotten a hit. And that is basically it. I don't mean that he is OP - which is by far not true. But I do think that he is wrongly balanced. I don't care if they increase his cloaked movement speed but the sprint burst he gets whenever he uncloakes feels pretty nasty and not fun to face.
  • New speed out of invisibility?

    Um... Wraith's always moved at 6.9m/s after uncloaking. The only change made there was increasing the duration from 1 second to 1.25 secs, allowing Wraith to have access to the full power of his lunge just a bit longer before his speed decelerates back to 4.6

  • @glitchboi said:

    Tru3's matches with Oracle proved that Wraith doesn't stand a chance against good survivors. You should probably watch them to learn how people play against Wraith.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3J-WImbQIs

    You cant compare regular or casual players to these kinds of streamers. Most people are not going to devote their entire lives to being good at dbd, which is what these streamers literally do. You also cant expect a solo q player to come close to being able to do what a swf like that can because those people have literally devoted their lives to being that good.

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403589#Comment_2403589

    You cant compare regular or casual players to these kinds of streamers. Most people are not going to devote their entire lives to being good at dbd, which is what these streamers literally do. You also cant expect a solo q player to come close to being able to do what a swf like that can because those people have literally devoted their lives to being that good.

    The point is to show how other survivors play against the Wraith...

    If the solo queue players don't know how to play against Wraith, that's their fault, not the Wraith's fault.

  • Agreed, he used to take some skill to play well. Now that he basically gets a free hit when he uncloaks if youre not next to a pallet noobs just cheese his uncloak.

    Buffing his invisibility should have been enough of a boost on its own imo

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404256#Comment_2404256

    The point is to show how other survivors play against the Wraith...

    If the solo queue players don't know how to play against Wraith, that's their fault, not the Wraith's fault.

    Okay you play soloq for a few devotion levels and tell me how it goes brainiac

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404259#Comment_2404259

    Okay you play soloq for a few devotion levels and tell me how it goes brainiac

    That's not what I meant. If your teammates actually die easily to Wraith without All-Seeing Blood then they're the problem and not the Wraith. You need to adapt to his playstyle and actually learn how to play against him, he's really not that hard to play against.

  • @glitchboi said:

    Tru3's matches with Oracle proved that Wraith doesn't stand a chance against good survivors. You should probably watch them to learn how people play against Wraith.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3J-WImbQIs

    oracle is the top 0.0001

  • I was talking about how they should see how the survivors play against Wraith, not how they destroy him.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404276#Comment_2404276

    I was talking about how they should see how the survivors play against Wraith, not how they destroy him.

    eh, wraith is fun and easy to play, hes a pain to go against tho for the average survivor, dont think he needs nerfs tho

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404292#Comment_2404292

    eh, wraith is fun and easy to play, hes a pain to go against tho for the average survivor, dont think he needs nerfs tho

    Yeah I get what you mean, he's def not the most fun to play against.

  • wraith deserves these buffs

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    wraith deserves these buffs

    Yes Wraith deserves buff, but not these kind of buffs. I already explained the problem and most of the it doesn't matter where you stand since he just moves up your ass and gets the hit. Your skill is not really relevant and yes, this goes the Deathslinger aswell, but atleast he needs some skill. Wraith right now is a brainless effective killer and he has of all killers the right to destroy us survivors, I really want to see him their but this kind of buff he got is just... meh. Maybe that was the only way to buff him, but remember Spirit and how often she got nerfed because of those reasons. We will see where this leads.

    Right now no one could give me any counterplay or good mechanics. No, jumping over and over the palett for 3 seconds doesn't not count lol..

  • all killers need to be buffed to spirit levels to compete against swf


    this is the hole survivors dug because they insist on taking advantage of comms in a game not balanced around it


    all killers need to be on spirit level

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    all killers need to be buffed to spirit levels to compete against swf

    this is the hole survivors dug because they insist on taking advantage of comms in a game not balanced around it

    all killers need to be on spirit level

    So all killers needs to be braindead and easy to play to be balanced?

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    all killers need to be buffed to spirit levels to compete against swf

    this is the hole survivors dug because they insist on taking advantage of comms in a game not balanced around it

    all killers need to be on spirit level

    Yeah, let's make the game more miserable for solo queue. Got it.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404884#Comment_2404884

    Yeah, let's make the game more miserable for solo queue. Got it.

    again this is the hole survivor dug.


    So killers should give up and quit the game because they can't do ######### about SWF? That's fun and fair.


    the sooner BHVR acknowledges comms are broken the sooner we can get balance

  • @adam1233467 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404884#Comment_2404884

    So all killers needs to be braindead and easy to play to be balanced?

    So I don't know where the lie was that said you have to be braindead to play spirit


    but spirit isn't easy to master and you have to learn how to find survivors without even seeing them which is kinda hard to do

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403589#Comment_2403589

    True did not show Survivor Item loadout (The 5s before match start)

    Using 4 med-kits vs. 4 non-med-kits is significant.

    I do not think this can be considered due to lack of information.

    I suppose I should have used a better example, I tried to show an example of the 1v1 part against Wraith.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405223#Comment_2405223

    again this is the hole survivor dug.

    So killers should give up and quit the game because they can't do ######### about SWF? That's fun and fair.

    the sooner BHVR acknowledges comms are broken the sooner we can get balance

    "Can't do ######### about SWF"

    In your streams you tend to camp and tunnel too much. Each time you fail to kill the last or last 2 survivors you throw a tantrum and assume it's SWF. Maybe consider that any survivor that escapes isn't part of a squad, and maybe consider that you may have not played well.

    You should try playing survivor in solo queue.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406450#Comment_2406450

    Actually ignore me, I think the end-game stats shows pre-game loadouts. in which case, a 4-man not all using med-kits is less optimal. I still think that Wraith should be able to be light burned from looking at him without the stun, but that there should be additional objectives for Survivors to complete at the start of the game across all Killers.

    I think early-game objectives would be pretty cool.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406428#Comment_2406428

    "Can't do ######### about SWF"

    In your streams you tend to camp and tunnel too much. Each time you fail to kill the last or last 2 survivors you throw a tantrum and assume it's SWF. Maybe consider that any survivor that escapes isn't part of a squad, and maybe consider that you may have not played well.

    You should try playing survivor in solo queue.

    most the time survivor escapes because the game was played in their favor this includes comms

  • @Rem4019 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404456#Comment_2404456

    Just a question but if you fail to see the counter play, would you be willing to play wraith against me and some friends?

    Not trying to be rude or like, mean but I'd really like to see this "no couterplay".

    A challenger approaches. LOL

  • @Rem4019 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406863#Comment_2406863

    I'm just curious if every wraith we've played against the past couple of days were people letting their dog play or something.

    So I was curious if the OP would show me the true power of a B tier killer :).

    IDK, but I could try and substitute. I think that Wraith is fine where he is. Not too oppressive, but not too weak.

  • @Rem4019 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406868#Comment_2406868

    That's what I was thinking to, but maybe the OP is just a god tier wraith who 5ks every game. Who knows

    But yea, I'd be fine with VSing your SWF. Would be a nice way to gauge his overall strength.

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403589#Comment_2403589

    NO killer can stand against a strong swf group, but I play Solo Q so it really has no effect on that. Solo Q is just a really terrible experience against wraith. Worse than the current Trickster imo.

    Besides that thank you for your feedback but I'm not gonna watch any Tru3 Video since I can't stand him and don't support anything he does.

    Wrong. Most survivors play like muppets. That is the reason. Solo Q survivors don't think as much cause they are alone.

  • I agree, His movement speed while cloaked buff was good. But the speed when he comes out his invisibility is a bit too much.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406452#Comment_2406452

    most the time survivor escapes because the game was played in their favor this includes comms

    Play solo queue in red ranks and prepare to suffer against a Ruin Undying Corrupt PGTW Spirit.

  • @Rem4019 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404456#Comment_2404456

    Just a question but if you fail to see the counter play, would you be willing to play wraith against me and some friends?

    Not trying to be rude or like, mean but I'd really like to see this "no couterplay".

    First of all, thanks for the option. I am aware that he has some sort of counterplay and that he is not OP, but he doesn't feel right balanced. Facing him in Solo Q is so unfun since he always gets his hits without a problem. I am really just here to finally receive some counterplay or things that I can do to have a chase.

    Everytime I face them they outburst even my sprintburst, face palett drops, play with Sloppy Butcher and run up your ass and then down you. Paletts can't help, windows can't help. Even Spirit is 10 times more fun than facing Wraith.

  • So since some of you guys don't get what I am trying to say and think I am making fun of some killer:

    I have no problem facing 1v1 against your Wraith. With that I mean, I play Survivor and you play Wraith and then I can learn what I can do better if you guys think he is soooo weak.

    All I can do is to repeat mysefl: He's not OP. A really good wraith will still lose some games against SWF in Red Ranks. But facing the Wraith in 1v1 is a whole nother Story. And I am not here to say he should be nerfed. I just think he should be balanced the other way around. The speed burst after getting visible is just obnoxious since your lunch reaches so far that you hit the survivor through sprint burst.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406757#Comment_2406757

    Play solo queue in red ranks and prepare to suffer against a Ruin Undying Corrupt PGTW Spirit.

    oh no


    totems that are gone in 2 seconds of the start of the match

  • You have to understand nerfing a killer to be fair to solo is going to absolutely destroy that killer against SWF


    Killers need to be strong enough to take on 4 players at the same time, most killers can't even take on 1 player at the same time.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407206#Comment_2407206

    oh no

    totems that are gone in 2 seconds of the start of the match

    Try it, I dare ya.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    You have to understand nerfing a killer to be fair to solo is going to absolutely destroy that killer against SWF

    Killers need to be strong enough to take on 4 players at the same time, most killers can't even take on 1 player at the same time.

    Sorry but you are still not getting my point. Besides that, many killers are actually right now good in 1v1. We "just" have few kilers who are struggling in that term.

    And once again, yes many killers are struggling against some SWF Groups and no killer is strong enough for the 1% sweety and competetive SWF experience, but everyone knows that, everyone knows that killers and SoloQ should be buffed. And once again, I am not asking for a generel nerf for Wraith, once again, I know that he is still not in a good position and I love to see him their, but this is not it. I am so tired of repeating this, please read the thread before you post something that has already been said or answered, thanks.

    I am still thankful for every answer that tries to help.

‹ 1 2 3