Buff DS

I believe DS should not have a skillcheck, just for a QoL change, and I think something simple like making it last longer but not infinite while being chased, but timer is normal when not being chased

Comments

  • Please God no, I don't want semi old Decisive again.

    Plus if they did that, it might just encourage more slugging on the ground till you bleed out

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    Please God no, I don't want semi old Decisive again.

    Plus if they did that, it might just encourage more slugging on the ground till you bleed out

    How would that be similar to old Decisive? If they progress the game, it is disabled, if they stay to where it stays active, that means they aren't progressing the game and they are being useless. You will only get punished in end game now for wanting to tunnel and slug for an extra kill

  • No and that's final. Nerfing DS was one of the best things they've done this year, though this year has sucked for dbd imo. Still its one of the only things I liked.

  • @feruis said:

    Soo reward survivor for nothing? No.

    Base DS is still rewarding them for nothing technically, what you said doesn't make sense. This just gives them extra protection from people who are still gonna inevitably tunnel and slug.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2396821#Comment_2396821

    How would that be similar to old Decisive? If they progress the game, it is disabled, if they stay to where it stays active, that means they aren't progressing the game and they are being useless. You will only get punished in end game now for wanting to tunnel and slug for an extra kill

    Heal a dedicated runner who's already been hooked once, that already wastes a huge amount of time and towards end game the killer is just screwed out of a potential kill thanks to that, like what it was in the past

  • Just make it remove scratches blood and pain grunts for 10 seconds after the stun and it’s perfect

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2396831#Comment_2396831

    Base DS is still rewarding them for nothing technically, what you said doesn't make sense. This just gives them extra protection from people who are still gonna inevitably tunnel and slug.

    If survivors are legit getting tunneled then DS doesn't need a buff.

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2396837#Comment_2396837

    Heal a dedicated runner who's already been hooked once, that already wastes a huge amount of time and towards end game the killer is just screwed out of a potential kill thanks to that, like what it was in the past

    No way, then leave the runner and go to someone else, do you only tunnel 1 person till they die? If you see they are trying that, go pressure someone else, they either have to keep trying to get your attention which is wasting their time, or they go to do gens and their DS is disabled

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2396821#Comment_2396821

    How would that be similar to old Decisive? If they progress the game, it is disabled, if they stay to where it stays active, that means they aren't progressing the game and they are being useless. You will only get punished in end game now for wanting to tunnel and slug for an extra kill

    Last time I checked being healed by your teammate doesn't remove DS. I can picture people getting saved from the hook, someone heals them, then they deliberately get in the killer's face. Trying to get the killer to chase them because they have DS.

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2396844#Comment_2396844

    If survivors are legit getting tunneled then DS doesn't need a buff.

    Nope, it doesn't take much effort to slug and count the simple 60 seconds. If you are a low rank sure, the killer won't know to do that and will just pick you up, but if the killer is even a little good and is attempting to tunnel you out of the game for an easy match, they will count it off

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2396837#Comment_2396837

    Last time I checked being healed by your teammate doesn't remove DS. I can picture people getting saved from the hook, someone heals them, then they deliberately get in the killer's face. Trying to get the killer to chase them because they have DS.

    Like I already said to someone else, if they are getting in your face, ignore them. They aren't doing gens, so if you go pressure someone else, you are technically pressuring and occupying multiple survivors. That unhooked survivor can either stay around you and bother you, which is just being useless to the team, or they can go do gens and their ds is disabled

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2396845#Comment_2396845

    No way, then leave the runner and go to someone else, do you only tunnel 1 person till they die? If you see they are trying that, go pressure someone else, they either have to keep trying to get your attention which is wasting their time, or they go to do gens and their DS is disabled

    For the same thing to happen again?

    If this DS becomes a thing I would purposely run inner strength with a flashlight, break a totem at the beginning of the trial, and play normally until I get hooked. Then people like me would be purposely torment the killer just because.

    "Chase me, chase me" they ignore me. Fine. I'll just keep flash light saving until I get his aggro, wasting their time, all gens get done, someone's working on the gate.

    Yes, this is a hypothetical, but even then it's too risky to implement. "It pauses the game" it sure does, guess who's gonna get slugged one by one, the people running Decisive.

    It's fine right now

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2396857#Comment_2396857

    Like I already said to someone else, if they are getting in your face, ignore them. They aren't doing gens, so if you go pressure someone else, you are technically pressuring and occupying multiple survivors. That unhooked survivor can either stay around you and bother you, which is just being useless to the team, or they can go do gens and their ds is disabled

    And then the killer is chasing someone else.........Killers don't have constant all seeing knowledge of where survivors are if you get ignored and start doing a gen and get found again that's not tunneling you just got found again.

  • I think DS could use a few adjustments, but this ain't it.

  • I think giving it an unlimited timer would make it kind of exploitable.

    IMO they should remove the skillcheck so people playing on older hardware and newbies (who are more likely to be tunnelled, let’s be real) can more reliably use it. And maybe make it so it can activate twice, so people who are really getting tunnelled have a bit more of a defence. Then make opening exit gates deactivate it.

    If they want it to be a purely anti-tunnelling perk (which I don’t think is a bad thing, personally), I think it should be buffed in that area if it’s going to be buffed at all. An unlimited timer wouldn’t help that much against tunnellers, but it would open the door for survivors using it aggressively, which is why it was changed in the first place.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2396851#Comment_2396851

    Nope, it doesn't take much effort to slug and count the simple 60 seconds. If you are a low rank sure, the killer won't know to do that and will just pick you up, but if the killer is even a little good and is attempting to tunnel you out of the game for an easy match, they will count it off

    If the killer slug you and count 60 sec before he pick you up he legit just lost the game for maybe a kill.

  • @bibibib8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2396858#Comment_2396858

    If the killer slug you and count 60 sec before he pick you up he legit just lost the game for maybe a kill.

    I read your statement and said "how?"

    I then reread it and noticed that you meant they stood over you counting before they could pick you up.

    I mean... it's kinda situational, if you're doing something other while waiting you're not necessarily losing, but if you're just standing there like a scare crow then you are 100% losing some pressure

  • With the way it is now it would have to be one or the other for me, either no skill check or it doesn't go down in chase, also if your slugged it's paused until you get back up.

  • No, only buff it could use is it procs twice to deal with the hardcore tunnelers

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    I believe DS should not have a skillcheck, just for a QoL change, and I think something simple like making it last longer but not infinite while being chased, but timer is normal when not being chased

    Absolutely not

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2396857#Comment_2396857

    Like I already said to someone else, if they are getting in your face, ignore them. They aren't doing gens, so if you go pressure someone else, you are technically pressuring and occupying multiple survivors. That unhooked survivor can either stay around you and bother you, which is just being useless to the team, or they can go do gens and their ds is disabled

    We shouldn't have to memorize who was hooked last. It took us 4 years to get DS into a balanced state. Just leave it the way it is.

  • DS is great as it is, I equip it on every build and use it every game. And honestly the skill check isn't hard to hit at all, people just need to stop being lazy and not expect everything to be free

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2396857#Comment_2396857

    Like I already said to someone else, if they are getting in your face, ignore them. They aren't doing gens, so if you go pressure someone else, you are technically pressuring and occupying multiple survivors. That unhooked survivor can either stay around you and bother you, which is just being useless to the team, or they can go do gens and their ds is disabled

    and how are you going to ignore them if they stand in a doorway after the other survivor you were chasing walked through it?

    good luck downing somebody if someone who you can't pick up is bodyblocking for them constantly

  • Maybe making the skillcheck bar larger might be a start. But even that isn't super necessary.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    I believe DS should not have a skillcheck, just for a QoL change, and I think something simple like making it last longer but not infinite while being chased, but timer is normal when not being chased

    Okay, this is starting to seem better. I think I'd be the only one to say it, but 80 seconds seems to be a very generous buff if there were no other changes, maybe the bar being bigger, but that's only what I can see without it pushing it's limits