Buffed NWO is so damn funny.
Picture this.
I’m playing as Freddy. Family Residence. I have Remember Me + No Way Out both at 4/3 tokens respectively, both perks are tier 3.
Survivors thought they’d be clever by attempting a 4 man hatch escape. Obsession is the one with the key, and escapes first. I manage to just shoulder my way in and spam the relevant button and slam the Hatch closed on the other 3 survivors, starting EGC and total pandemonium.
I start by injuring them one after the other, causing them to scatter. I get one downed, I see someone sneaky waiting to attempt a flashlight save, down them, hook them, get 4th NWO token. Other downed survivor is now back on their feet due to the 3rd survivor helping them. I go after them. Hooked Survivor frees themselves with Deliverance. They try clicky clicky at me (probably because they have DS and want to buy the other 2 more time). Over half the EGC has elapsed.
I finally get a NWO notification at one of the gates at the far side of the map. I go over. I already know the game is over for them at this point. I reach the gate and start chasing 1 of the 2 waiting there. I don’t bother hitting them. Finally NWO expires. I head back to the gate to watch all 3 just standing there realising how hopeless their situation is once they’re aware I also have Remember Me. I just stand there. Clicky clicky comes over. I just let them blind me.
EGC runs out with neither 3 of those survivors able to open a gate. Entity is thankful. I am laughing.
🤣🤣🤣
Comments
I haven't play tested it myself, but this sounds pretty brilliant. I need to try this now :0
This was a pretty niche scenario where it completely doomed 3 survivors that left it way too late to attempt trying to open a gate due to prioritising too much altruism.
That said it definitely dooms the last survivor if the hatch is closed on them. It’s a very strong perk now, and buys a LOT of extra time at endgame, especially with Remember Me. I don’t stress about gen rushers now.
I'd def run it to be stress free from gens alone. I'm a bit tired of sweating to contest gens when the chase is what's fun for me.
Just to clarify, I've never personally run Remember Me. It only works for non Obsession survivors, yeah?
Correct. You gain tokens from hitting the Obsession, but they are immune from the effects of Remember Me. They ideally need to be dead before the gates are powered.
I used to run RM on trapper with the coils. Had to disarm traps then face an elongated exit gate time 🙃
Oki, I was wondering if it could pair with Dying Light, but from the sounds of it they'd be actively working against each other
Edit: Typo
Eh, I tried No Way out + NoED, and I found that the survivors (at least the ones that were left) didn't bother touching the exit gates until it was too late, and then there was only one left and they got the hatch. Felt like I could've used a bit of slowdown in place of No Way Out and got more value out of it.
How did the survivor use deliverance on 2nd hook?
They weren’t on 2nd hook. They were the 2nd survivor I downed upon hatch closure.
How did you have 4 stacks of NWO?