Why are survivors allways so toxic at the exitgate?

I have played 3 games today as deathslinger - a killer I barely play.

But why do BEhaviour allow people to tbag at the exitgate?

I wish there was some kind of cooldown on both the flashligt, for the click-spamming, and on the crouchsystem so people wont be so toxic. How hard can it be to fix this?

Dont allow people to be toxic, devs. It ruins this game.

Comments

  • @PsychoTron said:

    it's called Schadenfreude:

    experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another.

    Self-esteem has a negative relationship with the frequency and intensity of schadenfreude experienced by an individual; individuals with less self-esteem tend to experience schadenfreude more frequently and intensely

    So basically ppl with low esteem tea bag at exit gate, and conversely ppl with normal/high self esteem don't.

    Well, that would explain the correlation of BMers DCing more frequently.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    People getting this upset over crouching and flashlights... 🤦‍♂️

    It can be pretty demoralizing sometimes. Sore winners have always agitated me

  • Toxicity is making offensive remarks in endgame chat, not butt dancing or flashlight clicking or staying at the exit gates.

  • I can understand why people taunting you can be frustrating. I don't think other people's advice of just not going to the exit gate is good, though. I think killing them with kindness is the best approach to these kinds of players. Go over and usher the survivors out the exit and then say GG in the post-game. If they trash talk you just say something like "Yeah you guys played really well!" With that you've pretty much killed the entire reason they do what they do.


    Now, what leads to someone going out of their way to try and demoralize a random stranger in a videogame is anyone's guess. I can't imagine these kinds of players have much going on for them IRL, so kind of playing into it by going over and letting them show you how good they are for sitting by the safety of the exit may actually make their life a little brighter.

  • @Tvångsrunkar said:

    I have played 3 games today as deathslinger - a killer I barely play.

    But why do BEhaviour allow people to tbag at the exitgate?

    I wish there was some kind of cooldown on both the flashligt, for the click-spamming, and on the crouchsystem so people wont be so toxic. How hard can it be to fix this?

    Dont allow people to be toxic, devs. It ruins this game.

    There will never be a cooldown because crouching is one of the ways survs can avoid ranged hits on loops. Hit them, force them out and be done with the match.

  • Dude tea bagging and flashlight clicking doesnt benefit them at all if anything it benefits you as the killer lol

  • @Tvångsrunkar said:

    I have played 3 games today as deathslinger - a killer I barely play.

    But why do BEhaviour allow people to tbag at the exitgate?

    I wish there was some kind of cooldown on both the flashligt, for the click-spamming, and on the crouchsystem so people wont be so toxic. How hard can it be to fix this?

    Dont allow people to be toxic, devs. It ruins this game.

    Here's what you do. Run NOED and Bloodwarden. On Deathslinger, you can haul someone out of the gate, down, hook, block the gate for everyone else.

    If you can't play to win, then make other people lose

  • Yeah let's disable crouching repeatedly to appeal to this guy's sensitivities


    OH WAIT that's dumb, take your L like the rest of us

  • They probably didn't have much fun during the match and want to feel accomplished. Or something else, you never know. Either way, they're douches (unless the killer deserved it)

1 2 ›