Survivor Perk Idea: Wake the Dead

Wake the Dead

You're able to muster up a much louder and disorienting scream when in agonizing pain. Being hooked by the Killer causes the Killer to be blinded for 2 seconds* and suffer from aura blindness** for up to 10 seconds. Grunts of pain caused by injuries are 75%/50%/25% louder.

* Equivelant to a flashlight blind (1 second of the blind building up plus 1 second of the blind wearing off).
** Auras of generators (Surveilance included), survivors, hex totems, phantasm traps, bear traps, and macabre devices are all affected.

Comments

  • Not bad, though I wanted to note that the aura blindness is simply known as the status effect called Blindness. Being flashlight blinded for 10 seconds though does not sound fun, it would encourage hooking and then facecamping for a full 10 seconds to make sure that they don't unhook while you can't see, so as much as that's a fun idea on paper, I would suggest removing that flashlight blind or at the least decreasing it's duration by 7 seconds or so.

  • So you want Killers to camp because they can't see anything for 10 seconds? Or do you want to be slugged because you're gonna be a pain in the ass after hooking?

  • @Mrrgle_the_Mediocre said:
    Not bad, though I wanted to note that the aura blindness is simply known as the status effect called Blindness. Being flashlight blinded for 10 seconds though does not sound fun, it would encourage hooking and then facecamping for a full 10 seconds to make sure that they don't unhook while you can't see, so as much as that's a fun idea on paper, I would suggest removing that flashlight blind or at the least decreasing it's duration by 7 seconds or so.

    There is a Wraith add-on ("Blind Warrior" - Mud) that says "surprise attacks inflict aura blindness on Survivors," so I was going off that.

    The flashlight-blind doesn't last 10 seconds; just the aura blindness. The flashlight blind would immediately start to wear off after. I just thought that the new vfx for the blind would fit well with this perk because of the disorienting part. Without it, the Killer still has their bearing, even if they don't know exactly where the gens are for another 10 seconds.

    Basically, I wanted a way to counter BBQ to help teammates out, similar to Kindred. The perk seemed too strong at first, so I added in the noise penalty. Survivors could just run Iron Will to cancel that penalty, but would require an extra perk slot in the process, so maybe Wake the Dead shouldn't override Iron WIll.

  • @Orion said:
    So you want Killers to camp because they can't see anything for 10 seconds? Or do you want to be slugged because you're gonna be a pain in the ass after hooking?

    Boil Over is a pain while transporting Survivors; doesn't stop Killers.

    The flashlight blind is meant to be short enough to disorient the killer if they try to turn and move immediately after hooking. They can counter this by staying motionless for the 2 or 3 seconds it takes to wear off. (It may not even have to be a full flashlight blind; just enough to get the veiny membrane to appear on-screen for half a second.)

  • Sounds nice. Maybe reduce the time for it a little. Just by one or two seconds though. I dont wanna hear a survivor scream really annoyingly tho. It's already bad enough when I hook them XD
  • @PhantomMask20763 said:
    Sounds nice. Maybe reduce the time for it a little. Just by one or two seconds though. I dont wanna hear a survivor scream really annoyingly tho. It's already bad enough when I hook them XD

    The 10 seconds is only for the aura blindness, not the flashlight blind effect.

    After hooking a Survivor and waiting for 2 seconds for the blind to wear off, the Killer can start heading in the rough direction of a gen / hex / trap (if they had good map awareness and memory) before the aura blindness wears off 8 seconds later. If the duration is too short then the Killer is able to make a slight adjustment to get back on course. If the duration remains long then the Killer may have to make a moderate correction, which gives that part of the perk more value.

    Maybe it could have a range limit instead of reducing the duration.

  • Nos37 said:

    @PhantomMask20763 said:
    Sounds nice. Maybe reduce the time for it a little. Just by one or two seconds though. I dont wanna hear a survivor scream really annoyingly tho. It's already bad enough when I hook them XD

    The 10 seconds is only for the aura blindness, not the flashlight blind effect.

    After hooking a Survivor and waiting for 2 seconds for the blind to wear off, the Killer can start heading in the rough direction of a gen / hex / trap (if they had good map awareness and memory) before the aura blindness wears off 8 seconds later. If the duration is too short then the Killer is able to make a slight adjustment to get back on course. If the duration remains long then the Killer may have to make a moderate correction, which gives that part of the perk more value.

    Maybe it could have a range limit instead of reducing the duration.

    Interesting, I'd love to see how that would work in game
  • Nos37 said:

    Wake the Dead

    You're able to muster up a much louder and disorienting scream when in agonizing pain. Being hooked by the Killer causes the Killer to be blinded for 2 seconds* and suffer from aura blindness** for up to 10 seconds. Grunts of pain caused by injuries are 75%/50%/25% louder.

    * Equivelant to a flashlight blind (1 second of the blind building up plus 1 second of the blind wearing off).
    ** Auras of generators (Surveilance included), survivors, hex totems, phantasm traps, bear traps, and macabre devices are all affected.

    So you just want bbq and chilli to not work, lesbihonest. 
  • All I read was," I want to nerf every reason to use BBQ besides the bp gain." Idea needs a rework, opposed perks should at best negate each other not cancel and provide aid.
  • Fine. Remove the aura blindness, and up the blind duration. The Killer can keep their BBQ auras, but they'll have to stumble blindly toward them.

  • I like it. :-/

    And since we're going with a theme of punishing people for achieving their only objectives in the game:

    Degeneration
    When a generator is completed, all survivors within an 8/16/24 meter radius receive the Exposed status effect for 30/40/60 seconds.

  • Eight said:

    I like it. :-/

    And since we're going with a theme of punishing people for achieving their only objectives in the game:

    Degeneration
    When a generator is completed, all survivors within an 8/16/24 meter radius receive the Exposed status effect for 30/40/60 seconds.

    Bbq is op, survivors just die when they get found. Even though a killer can only stop one survivor at a time, the fact that the killer is on one person is unfair and overwhelming. Maybe we can do something for survivors like make a perk that makes you invisible, idk man. 
  • @Dabrownman1812 said:
    Bbq is op, survivors just die when they get found. E

    Just addressing the original proposal. :)

    I hate BBQ for two reasons: 1) God damn killers just find me instantly, and 2) none of my killers have it.

    BUT I'm not convinced it needs nerfing, and I'm 100% certain that introducing even more crazy powerful perks is not the solution. :)

  • Eight said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    Bbq is op, survivors just die when they get found. E

    Just addressing the original proposal. :)

    I hate BBQ for two reasons: 1) God damn killers just find me instantly, and 2) none of my killers have it.

    BUT I'm not convinced it needs nerfing, and I'm 100% certain that introducing even more crazy powerful perks is not the solution. :)

    Word, I was just joking lol. If found constantly and it isn't a billy, nurse, spirit, then it's on the player. 
  • I like it a lot. Plus survivors would finally stop complaining about BBQ if they had the choice to cancel the aura from it.
  • Nos37 said:

    Wake the Dead

    You're able to muster up a much louder and disorienting scream when in agonizing pain. Being hooked by the Killer causes the Killer to be blinded for 2 seconds* and suffer from aura blindness** for up to 10 seconds. Grunts of pain caused by injuries are 75%/50%/25% louder.

    * Equivelant to a flashlight blind (1 second of the blind building up plus 1 second of the blind wearing off).
    ** Auras of generators (Surveilance included), survivors, hex totems, phantasm traps, bear traps, and macabre devices are all affected.

    No
    Its almost 6 perks in one, I just prefer deleted the killer role and put bots at that point
  • @Dabrownman1812 said:
    Word, I was just joking lol.

    My bad. Sorry fella. I didn't put enough thought into your post before replying. :)

  • Eight said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    Word, I was just joking lol.

    My bad. Sorry fella. I didn't put enough thought into your post before replying. :)

    All good, I do the same thing at times
  • @Eight said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    Bbq is op, survivors just die when they get found. E

    Just addressing the original proposal. :)

    I hate BBQ for two reasons: 1) God damn killers just find me instantly, and 2) none of my killers have it.

    BUT I'm not convinced it needs nerfing, and I'm 100% certain that introducing even more crazy powerful perks is not the solution. :)

    That is normally why if I am somewhat close to the hooked survivor I’ll stay close to them while they are hooked. BBQ is annoying to go against, it isn’t OP but it is annoying to be found instantly especially with a high mobility killer such as Billy or Nurse. Billy is the WORST offender since he has the best mobility in the game. BBQ is just so powerful with his character.

    None of my killers have BBQ either since I HATE Leatherface and only have him at Level 10. I refuse to rank up Leatherface because I seriously hate his character. I never liked the movies either so I’m just hoping for BBQ to be in the bloodweb one of these days.

  • Would be rather annoying and a fairly direct counter to BBQ. The general concept of not being able to see Auras is interesting though.

  • Would be rather annoying and a fairly direct counter to BBQ. The general concept of not being able to see Auras is interesting though.

    Word, though killer nerfs aren't needed lol