The case for Trickster's Ammo
Trickster is nothing like Huntress or Deathslinger when it comes to accuracy. His spread and left/right throwing pattern do not allow him to be precise with his knives. People on these forums that are comparing his ammo capacity to Huntress do not know what high level games are like with him.
44 Knives forces Trickster to reload after every single down. A full two health state chase can easily take 30-40 knives even when played well against strong Survivors.
https://youtu.be/Slas0J4pfQsThe Feng was Rank 1, the Kate Rank 5, the Adam Rank 2
Please look at real game scenarios with this Killer and not hypotheticals where every single knife locks onto the Survivor. He is a spam damage character similar to Plague not some sharpshooter.
Comments
I get the point you're trying to make, but this video really isn't a good way to make it.
Recoil and alternating target zones make aiming a nightmare on console. Takes some really bad movement on the Survivor part to give trickster high accuracy.
How so? I'm just trying to show how much ammo he takes to get downs.
I don't agree that he's a spam damage character even prior to the changes. Doing well with Trickster requires knowing what loops/areas of the map to use your knives, what loops to basic attack mindgame, and knowing what areas to simply avoid so you don't waste time. But I do agree that the knife amount decrease causes me to reload a lot more often which is a little more interruptive to my gameplay and tracking of survivors. Now I use reload time decrease and additional knives to help counter the time it takes for additional reloads. With these adds ons in combination with good power usage I can reload every 2 hooks maybe even 3 if I used main event or had really good downs with little to no missing of my knives. It's still worse compared to the almost always 3 hooks I could get before the changes before needing to reload but it's compensated with the maximum laceration buff. It just takes some time to get used to and more knowledge needed on what his weak/strong spots are in every map.
EDIT: Also you need to know what distance from the survivor is a good time to throw your knives. In my opinion I wouldn't suggest throwing knives at survivors more than medium distance unless you're trying to control an area and scare survivors off a gen.
Because you're throwing knives into walls half the time, due to poor aim and you're chasing survivors with your knives out for way too long, making them outrun you with ease.
Again, you make a good point and I agree he's definitely meant to be more of a spam character, but this really isn't a good way to show it.
Doesn't sound like a very good buff if you're feeling forced to run specific add-ons to compensate for the heavy nerfs
It's not poor aim. It's his throwing pattern and the Survivors movement. He gets less and less accurate the farther away they are.
If you look at the first clip with the Feng. I landed the first six knives extremely accurately because she was close rnage and the second six had way less accuracy because of the distance she made, the spread and her movement (she's a Rank 1)
I agree, the buff doesn't really feel much like a buff and we shouldn't have to use add ons to feel more comfortable in chases and downs. But he is now a lot more dangerous in his good areas (low loops, survivor animations, open areas, etc) even without these adds ons. These adds ons help more specifically for his weaker areas such as his reload time now and his laceration decay in his weak loops.