What's with the inconsistent GBs for patches?

I wanna talk about this, so I made a post asking called "How's consoles?"

I've had people tell me that it was impossible for it to be already downloaded. They acted like I was high.. Yet... for ps4s. Which I play on. It's literally 4.8 GBs

Also with decent internet speed which I absolutely need to because I'm working at a stay at home STATE job where I deal with important legal documents I need it to be fast.

So my update is already done, but I can't play until 4 because that's when I get off.

However, Ps5 got 12

Xbox 28

PCs I dunno.

So what gives?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    I wanna talk about this, so I made a post asking called "How's consoles?"

    I've had people tell me that it was impossible for it to be already downloaded. They acted like I was high.. Yet... for ps4s. Which I play on. It's literally 4.8 GBs

    Also with decent internet speed which I absolutely need to because I'm working at a stay at home STATE job where I deal with important legal documents I need it to be fast.

    So my update is already done, but I can't play until 4 because that's when I get off.

    However, Ps5 got 12

    Xbox 28

    PCs I dunno.

    So what gives?

    Steam was 4.3GB just for the record

  • Most likely due to the way the files are packaged on each platform.

  • @Mandy said:

    Most likely due to the way the files are packaged on each platform.

    I see, but this was also more of a post getting those who scream "it's impossible?!" To shut up. Each situation is always different.

  • I just turned in my Xbox and dbd has a 16gb patch.

  • I think Xbox files tend to be bigger. This is supposed to be a list of PS5 file sizes versus Series X file sizes:

    1ABEE9E6-AA95-4559-8212-E403D3B6DBA2.jpeg

    The PS5 version is on the left while the XSX is on the right. The latest update for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is also much smaller on PS5 than XSX (7GB vs 24GB).

    Not sure why PS5 is bigger than PS4. Maybe it’s the better graphics?

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    I wanna talk about this, so I made a post asking called "How's consoles?"

    I've had people tell me that it was impossible for it to be already downloaded. They acted like I was high.. Yet... for ps4s. Which I play on. It's literally 4.8 GBs

    Also with decent internet speed which I absolutely need to because I'm working at a stay at home STATE job where I deal with important legal documents I need it to be fast.

    So my update is already done, but I can't play until 4 because that's when I get off.

    However, Ps5 got 12

    Xbox 28

    PCs I dunno.

    So what gives?

    Steam is 4.35 fyi

  • Nobody screamed at you.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    I think Xbox files tend to be bigger. This is supposed to be a list of PS5 file sizes versus Series X file sizes:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ALPVIF3VOZ23/1abee9e6-aa95-4559-8212-e403d3b6dba2.jpeg

    The PS5 version is on the left while the XSX is on the right. The latest update for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is also much smaller on PS5 than XSX (7GB vs 24GB).

    Not sure why PS5 is bigger than PS4. Maybe it’s the better graphics?

    I don't actually use a ps5. I have a ps4 and it had a smaller GB update than ps5, which I think is rather... strange.

    You know, "newer = better."

    I guess it's not the case yet

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Nobody screamed at you.

    Never said they did.

    :)

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2386251#Comment_2386251

    I see, but this was also more of a post getting those who scream "it's impossible?!" To shut up. Each situation is always different.

    Okay correction, you said they screamed in general, not at you. But I still don't think anyone did lol.

    Anyway, as a PS4 slim player, the few games I've played so far were probably 100% better, performance wise. No major frame drops or freezes but a few dips here and there. So like my experience before the RE chapter.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2386257#Comment_2386257

    Okay correction, you said they screamed in general, not at you. But I still don't think anyone did lol.

    Anyway, as a PS4 slim player, the few games I've played so far were probably 100% better, performance wise. No major frame drops or freezes but a few dips here and there. So like my experience before the RE chapter.

    Okay I'll give you the first one. Even though that's more sarcasm than anything, I'll let you reach for it.

    And thank you. :)

    That's all I was really wanting, I won't be able to test it until after I get off of work and work on some requests. The post was more opened up so I can get a reply when people were able to test it