The pig

Does anyone else thinks it takes way to long to get the trap from the pig off your head, I tried for times and still couldn't get it off and died. Is their anyway to stop the timer

Comments

  • Timer stops if you get into chase. And what you saying is very rare, usually all traps are off after searching 1 or 2 boxes. Its RNG

  • The timer activates once a gen is completed and it pauses if you're in the dying or hooked state. You also can't escape while the timer is active or else you'll die.

    The puzzle box that removes the trap is random, so sometimes you will die before you can remove it. I used to get Pigs that had mercy and let the survivors with the traps run around the match while they focused on the others, but I keep getting ones lately that chase and down survivors after the timer activates to eat up time and force the trap to activate.

    All you can do is hope that the Pig you end up with won't mess with you while you're trying to remove the trap or if they do, you get lucky and get it off anyway.

  • Yeah I think that's a huge advantage for the pig, she stops any gen progression, you have to be healed and you might not even get your trap off and she's a stealthy killer, #########

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Timer stops if you get into chase. And what you saying is very rare, usually all traps are off after searching 1 or 2 boxes. Its RNG

    Yeah I couldn't believe it, it seems like she's been buffed because most dbd videos I've seen it takes about four or five tries

  • Without addons I don’t think it’s possible to die to a RBT unless the killer is actively chasing you off puzzle boxes.

    However with tampered timer and crate of gears deaths to RBT are a bit more common, but it’s still up to RNG.

  • @Customapple0 said:

    Without addons I don’t think it’s possible to die to a RBT unless the killer is actively chasing you off puzzle boxes.

    However with tampered timer and crate of gears deaths to RBT are a bit more common, but it’s still up to RNG.

    Yeah I wasn't being chased, the timer seemed extremely fast to, I died on my first trap

  • This is why I hate some of the suggestions for the Pig, most people seem to be focused on her traps. But those traps are too RNG reliant to be healthy for the game, so I'd much rather they focused on her dash.

  • You clearly haven't versed my pig, if you did your be asking why you get it off the very first box lol.

    Being serious though I'd prefer a key system, each box gives a key. Need 2 keys to remove the trap, then addons that increase boxes can add another key required. This way it's never first box, or your very last.

    Makes it more consistent and removes too much rng because rng sucks

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    You clearly haven't versed my pig, if you did your be asking why you get it off the very first box lol.

    Being serious though I'd prefer a key system, each box gives a key. Need 2 keys to remove the trap, then addons that increase boxes can add another key required. This way it's never first box, or your very last.

    Makes it more consistent and removes too much rng because rng sucks

    Yeah something needs to change I've played pig around 5 times this week I only escaped my trap one time the other times it required four traps and I still didn't get my trap off before I either got chased or my trap went off

  • @Firellius said:

    This is why I hate some of the suggestions for the Pig, most people seem to be focused on her traps. But those traps are too RNG reliant to be healthy for the game, so I'd much rather they focused on her dash.

    I can escape her dash what i can't escape is a trap that requires you to use all five boxes, I've had all gameplays but one where I would go through 4 traps and still die, your first trap shouldn't require all five boxes, I think it should be first trap one, second trap 3 and 3 trap four or five, to me that's reasonable

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    You clearly haven't versed my pig, if you did your be asking why you get it off the very first box lol.

    Being serious though I'd prefer a key system, each box gives a key. Need 2 keys to remove the trap, then addons that increase boxes can add another key required. This way it's never first box, or your very last.

    Makes it more consistent and removes too much rng because rng sucks

    Feel like when I play Pig, survivors just use a Bobby pin that was in their hair to take off the traps while fixing a gen, lol.

  • @milwaukee354 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2385307#Comment_2385307

    I can escape her dash what i can't escape is a trap that requires you to use all five boxes, I've had all gameplays but one where I would go through 4 traps and still die, your first trap shouldn't require all five boxes, I think it should be first trap one, second trap 3 and 3 trap four or five, to me that's reasonable

    That wouldn't really work, since she only gets to place four traps. If she were to trap all survivors once, that'd make them almost negligible.

    I think all traps for the Pig should require 2 or 3 boxes to open, or 3 or 4 with the add-on for the extra box. Players should just not die to RNG.

  • My idea for less RNG on RBT

    image.png

    First, search any box that still contain a "symbol", will give a random symbol of different box. Example you found Beta box first and search for the symbol, it gives you "Alpha symbol"

    Second, you have to find the exact box to get the "Alpha key". Which is if you run pass a "Gamma box", you can ignore it and continue to find Alpha box.

    After you finish searching Alpha box, you're free from RBT. The next survivor will fail searching symbol at Beta box because you already get the symbol (the box will laugh at you).

    This way, a survivor will always have to search for 2 but correct box, rather than randomly. But RNG still play a part of it.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    My idea for less RNG on RBT

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9TBMX57BFHMP/image.png

    First, search any box that still contain a "symbol", will give a random symbol of different box. Example you found Beta box first and search for the symbol, it gives you "Alpha symbol"

    Second, you have to find the exact box to get the "Alpha key". Which is if you run pass a "Gamma box", you can ignore it and continue to find Alpha box.

    After you finish searching Alpha box, you're free from RBT. The next survivor will fail searching symbol at Beta box because you already get the symbol (the box will laugh at you).

    This way, a survivor will always have to search for 2 but correct box, rather than randomly. But RNG still play a part of it.

    Love the illustration. Piggy is just trying to set you up with a VR headset, why you wanna take it off?

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408869#Comment_2408869

    Love the illustration. Piggy is just trying to set you up with a VR headset, why you wanna take it off?

    VR shows you this

    E4yTuHNUYAAr6w2.png

    Of course you dont want to take it off

  • Reminds me of some of the stuff ppl were modding in for character cosmetics. I saw a screenshot of a Jane in her underwear.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2385313#Comment_2385313

    Feel like when I play Pig, survivors just use a Bobby pin that was in their hair to take off the traps while fixing a gen, lol.

    Yeah I honestly hate it, shes the killer I rate the second worst, my map rng and trap rng are awful lol. I want to love her but cant

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408869#Comment_2408869

    Hmm.

    So the Last Survivor to take off their RBT still has 4 boxes they need to search as none will point to another box?

    Why not just seed the Key+Symbol of the right box after the Survivor finishes searching their first Box?

    Example:

    Alpha box contains: Alpha key + Gamma symbol

    Beta box contains: Beta key + Alpha symbol

    Gamma box contains: Gamma key + Zeta symbol

    Zeta box contains: Zeta key + Beta symbol

    Rule is a box contains a key of its own name, with a symbol of other 3. And you will have to find symbol before finding key.


    You being the first one get RBT, you search either one of four. Say you found Beta box first so go for it, you get Alpha symbol. You have to find Alpha box to get Alpha key. After that, you're free.

    Alpha box contains: Alpha key + Gamma symbol

    Beta box contains: Beta key + Alpha symbol

    Gamma box contains: Gamma key + Zeta symbol

    Zeta box contains: Zeta key + Beta symbol


    Im being the 2nd one get RBT, if I search Beta box, I get nothing (because you already get the symbol in Beta box). So I have to find other 3. Say I found Gamma box and get Zeta symbol, I have to find Zeta box to unlock my RBT.

    Alpha box contains: Alpha key + Gamma symbol

    Beta box contains: Beta key + Alpha symbol

    Gamma box contains: Gamma key + Zeta symbol

    Zeta box contains: Zeta key + Beta symbol


    At this point, Beta & Gamma no more have symbol. So the 3rd guy gets symbol either at Alpha or Zeta..If he gets symbol at Alpha box, he finds key at Gamma, if he gets symbol at Zeta, he finds key at Beta.

    Alpha box contains: Alpha key + Gamma symbol

    Beta box contains: Beta key + Alpha symbol

    Gamma box contains: Gamma key + Zeta symbol

    Zeta box contains: Zeta key + Beta symbol


    The last guy find whats remaining. He has to find the exact Zeta box for symbol. Which mean, the later you get trapped, the longer it takes to unlock trap (because you dont know which box still have the symbol)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408986#Comment_2408986

    What happens if you search a Box that has no symbol, but has your Key? Or do you have to find a Symbol first before the Key becomes "seeded"?

    Edit, ah, I glossed over the first sentence. Okay.

    You have to find symbol before key.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408986#Comment_2408986

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2409000#Comment_2409000

    Right, however you're also masking the symbol on already searched boxes, so what you're actually doing is increasing the overall minimum time needed to take all RBTs off in general.

    Yes, instead of RNG force you to either search 1 or 4 boxes.

    This way most of the time you have to find 2-3 boxes. Though I find its not fair that the last guy may have to search 5 boxes to unlock RBT. There should be a way to fix it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2409005#Comment_2409005

    How about a Memory game?

    • All Jigsaw Boxes display their own Symbol at all times.
    • Searching a Jigsaw Box will display two Symbols: The Symbol of the Jigsaw Box containing your Key, and another random Box Symbol.
    • The first Jigsaw Box Searched will never contain your Key. (?)

    To note:

    • It is possible for multiple Keys to be "seeded" to the same Jigsaw Box.
    • The order in which the two Symbols are displayed after searching your Jigsaw Box is random
    • The Symbols are randomized on the Client's side, no callouts.

    I will never be in favor of any change that effectively guarantees that it will never take more than three boxes to take off a Reverse Bear Trap. :P

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2409099#Comment_2409099

    Is that because the time it takes to search three boxes isn't what you would consider significant enough of a time investment? Are you more concerned about the reduced time wasted, or that there is one fewer box to search? Or that this effectively reduces the likelihood of the RBT death timer being a significant enough of a "threat" given the overall reduced potential of wasted time? This can be addressed by tweaking timers.

    Are Boxes, or is time consumed, the thing you're more concerned about?

    "Or that this effectively reduces the likelihood of the RBT death timer being a significant enough of a "threat" given the overall reduced potential of wasted time?"

    ^

    This one.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2409109#Comment_2409109

    RBT death timers can always be tweaked. I'd probably reduce the Death timer by about 12s if this were to happen, about the time taken to search a Jigsaw box.

    I don't think that would stop good players from searching one box and then ignoring the trap until the timer starts, which hurts the effectiveness of the trap badly IMO.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2409123#Comment_2409123

    And, what if Survivors were not allowed to search Jigsaw Boxes until their Game, actually starts? Could mask the Symbols until the Game starts as well.

    Delaying the Pig's stall and forcing them to work on gens is a bad idea. That's why RSN2 is not a good add-on IMO. You'd have to pretty much make the timer auto-start to light enough of a fire under the Survivor to get them to move.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2409132#Comment_2409132

    And if it does Auto-start once Amanda interacts with the downed Survivor?

    Let's say it auto-starts when they are hooked to give slugged Survivors a chance to maybe crawl away.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    You clearly haven't versed my pig, if you did your be asking why you get it off the very first box lol.

    Being serious though I'd prefer a key system, each box gives a key. Need 2 keys to remove the trap, then addons that increase boxes can add another key required. This way it's never first box, or your very last.

    Makes it more consistent and removes too much rng because rng sucks

    Here is a key system idea. Think Saw 2.

    The key to your trap is hidden inside one of the other three survivors. You get a prompt when near a survivor that isn't interacting with something. After performing the action, the survivor suffers a deep wound they have to mend, and you either find the key to your trap or you don't. You then move on to the next survivor.

    LOL

  • Yeah she's too lethal, I think she needs to be nerfed

    Nah honestly you probably just had bad experiences with Pigs running stronger addons to make it harder to get traps off your head.

  • @milwaukee354 said:

    Does anyone else thinks it takes way to long to get the trap from the pig off your head, I tried for times and still couldn't get it off and died. Is their anyway to stop the timer

    The only time you actually die to a RBT is if you were overly greedy and didn't focus on boxes. There are edge cases with Jigsaw Sketch, Crate of Gears, and-or Tampered Timer alongside certain maps that makes removing traps in time especially a pipe dream, but these are pretty rare and RNG can save you if it does happen. The timer only pauses if you're being chased, or dying / hooked, that's really it unless your RBT is deactivated, which in that case, you have until the next generator before the RBT begins counting down.