So I Watched Candyman Movie

First i have to say, i never heard him before this forum. He is not popular like star slashers. But so many people wanna him in game. And so many people said i have to watch him movies. And i watched him first movie. It was pretty fun, i will give that. Helen was so cute, i really would glad if she join game as survivor. And if Candyman come to DbD, i am sure he will fit in game.


But...


But i don't think he will be unique killer. I don't know how can he be interesting killer in game. Teleporting with mirrors maybe? And also he is copy of Bloody Mary, is not he? Because him power is working like Bloody Mary.

Comments

  • Which movie did you watch?

    They have different titles

    Edit: I reread it, sorry I missed it

  • If anything puts Tony Todd's glorious voice in this game, I will be very happy.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    If anything puts Tony Todd's glorious voice in this game, I will be very happy.

    Tony Todd will be only good part of this chapter. Because i really don't think Candyman interesting killer. But i just watched first movie.


    @DwarvenTavern said:

    Which movie did you watch?

    They have different titles

    Edit: I reread it, sorry I missed it

    First movie, other movies are different? I am asking for him powers.

  • Okay okay, so Northener, I'll explain: Calling him to your world works like Bloody Mary, but after you call him, you can never be rid of him.

    He focuses on the obsession or who ever calls him and psychologically tortures them. Helen had her entire life ripped away by this imaginary force.

    Hell, no one else can see him unless they look in a mirror, he can interact with you, but you can't interact with him.

    So I'm thinking he is a stealth terror radius abuser

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2382033#Comment_2382033

    Tony Todd will be only good part of this chapter. Because i really don't think Candyman interesting killer. But i just watched first movie.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2382032#Comment_2382032

    First movie, other movies are different? I am asking for him powers.

    He becomes more of a slasher in the different movies, no clue what the new one is like

  • yeah he's similar to bloody marry

  • When I watched it, I thought it was a good 7/10 movie. I'm really hoping that the new movie turns out good.

  • But, more importantly, did you enjoy the movie?

  • The bees as main part of his power would not be unique?

    they don’t have to make a 1 to 1 implementation of how he worked in the movies for the DbD implementation, just look at Freddy or Pyramid Head

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    But, more importantly, did you enjoy the movie?

    This will be awkward if you weren't asking me but, I enjoyed Virginia Madsen's and Tony Todd's performance, those two are hands down the best part of the movie. It didn't revolutionize anything for me or make me go "I NEED more of this!" but hey, still mostly enjoyed it. :)

  • @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2382054#Comment_2382054

    This will be awkward if you weren't asking me but, I enjoyed Virginia Madsen's and Tony Todd's performance, those two are hands down the best part of the movie. It didn't revolutionize anything for me or make me go "I NEED more of this!" but hey, still mostly enjoyed it. :)

    I've been meaning to look into more of his movies, I personally prefer more horror movies. But, Tony Todd makes me want to watch his other stuff. He's so good and incredibly nice

  • I like the character and it catches my attention, but the movie bores me.

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    Okay okay, so Northener, I'll explain: Calling him to your world works like Bloody Mary, but after you call him, you can never be rid of him.

    He focuses on the obsession or who ever calls him and psychologically tortures them. Helen had her entire life ripped away by this imaginary force.

    Hell, no one else can see him unless they look in a mirror, he can interact with you, but you can't interact with him.

    So I'm thinking he is a stealth terror radius abuser

    Thank you for explain but how him powers work on DbD. So he will be sneak killer with teleport power right?

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    But, more importantly, did you enjoy the movie?

    Yup i enjoyed movie except last part. I found final scenes little cheap but other parts were good. Tony Todd was perfect.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2382038#Comment_2382038

    Thank you for explain but how him powers work on DbD. So he will be sneak killer with teleport power right?

    So, I thought about this for a bit.

    Every single locker has a mirror inside of the locker, he starts off in this ethereal plane like Spirit, but he must use a mirror to emerge from a locker, he can go ethereal any time he likes, but needs a locker to emerge from, he moves faster, etc.

    But his secondary power causes all survivors in his terror radius to be effected with bees, these will not tick if you're in his terror radius, but will rapidly tick down when you're out of the terror radius (hence his ethereal form) you will lose a health state when your bar goes down, but it will not stop until you get in a locker. For a certain time frame, which if Candyman emerges from the mirror in the locker you're hiding in, you'll be automatically downed.

    Obviously this sounds stupid, but this is just a general idea I have

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2382097#Comment_2382097

    So, I thought about this for a bit.

    Every single locker has a mirror inside of the locker, he starts off in this ethereal plane like Spirit, but he must use a mirror to emerge from a locker, he can go ethereal any time he likes, but needs a locker to emerge from, he moves faster, etc.

    But his secondary power causes all survivors in his terror radius to be effected with bees, these will not tick if you're in his terror radius, but will rapidly tick down when you're out of the terror radius (hence his ethereal form) you will lose a health state when your bar goes down, but it will not stop until you get in a locker. For a certain time frame, which if Candyman emerges from the mirror in the locker you're hiding in, you'll be automatically downed.

    Obviously this sounds stupid, but this is just a general idea I have

    He will not be my fav killer but he can be interesting with this power. And also i will be happy for people who wanna him so much. Survivors possibly will hate him. But my dream license is Child's Play.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2382113#Comment_2382113

    He will not be my fav killer but he can be interesting with this power. And also i will be happy for people who wanna him so much. Survivors possibly will hate him. But my dream license is Child's Play.

    Ah. Chucky. Maybe some day he'll be in. But, he's unfortunately one of the characters that got put into a jokey series so they're seriousness is drastically reduced significantly.

    Like Robert England Freddy, so maybe one of the newer Child's Play movies would be the go to pick because it genuinely feels more scary than the original.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2382113#Comment_2382113

    He will not be my fav killer but he can be interesting with this power. And also i will be happy for people who wanna him so much. Survivors possibly will hate him. But my dream license is Child's Play.

    Name one killer no survivor hates

  • For me he's a less interesting version of the doctor. Dbd can do better imo same goes for that little 1 ft doll.

  • Random question what would rate it out if ten

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    Random question what would rate it out if ten

    For me personally, I'd say 8/10 it's good, but a bit slow in the beginning.

    If it wasn't slow in the beginning and not rushed but treated perfectly, solid 10/10 for me.

    @Orion what about you? What do you think?

  • @johnny5isnotalive said:

    Charlotte stole his weapon though

    Hillbilly and Leatherface both have hammers

    The entire stabby cast uses knives

  • @Northener1907 said:

    First i have to say, i never heard him before this forum. He is not popular like star slashers. But so many people wanna him in game. And so many people said i have to watch him movies. And i watched him first movie. It was pretty fun, i will give that. Helen was so cute, i really would glad if she join game as survivor. And if Candyman come to DbD, i am sure he will fit in game.

    But...

    But i don't think he will be unique killer. I don't know how can he be interesting killer in game. Teleporting with mirrors maybe? And also he is copy of Bloody Mary, is not he? Because him power is working like Bloody Mary.

    Yeah Candyman is basically Bloody Mary. His movie was pretty good though I was scared out of my boxers with that movie when I was a kid.

  • I watched just the original just because everyone here seemed to know Candyman and honestly I found the movie meh. It was ok, but nothing spectacular.

  • I watched the original for the first time recently (I was always too scared to watch this as a kid) and I quite liked it. Takes a lot of different horror elements and tropes but blends it into something truly original, def not a typical slasher film. I also find it reassuring that the new movie wasn't just dumped on VOD this past year, makes me think the studios have faith in it.

  • What do you mean he 'isn't popular'? Candyman was, at many points, one of the top grossing slashers of all time... just because you have no experience with Horrors or slashers does not mean that something isn't popular...

  • @TerrorUnleashed said:

    What do you mean he 'isn't popular'? Candyman was, at many points, one of the top grossing slashers of all time... just because you have no experience with Horrors or slashers does not mean that something isn't popular...

    I watched so much slasher movies, dont worry about this lol