BBQ and Chili is the most healthy perk in the game, and here’s why…
I see so many people complain about this perk. I have to ask, why? I have 5 reasons why BBQ is the most healthy perk for this game:
- It encourages going away from the hook. Since it shows the auras of the survivors 40+ meters away from the hook, it gives the killer a reason to leave the hook and not to play in a way that’s boring for the survivors. Survivors complain about camping so much but also complain about this perk that encourages not camping? Makes no sense to me.
- It encourages going after every survivor. To get max stacks of BBQ, the killer has to hook every survivor once. If the killer’s goal is to get four stacks of BBQ, they are not wanting to tunnel one survivor. The same thing with my point about camping, tunneling is another thing survivors hate, yet BBQ promotes the complete opposite play style.
- It has counterplay from the survivor side despite being a strong perk. Yes, it does survivor mains, please don’t say it doesn’t. The counterplays are lockers, putting an incomplete generator between you and the killer, Distortion, Object of Obsession, and running one way and walking the opposite way after BBQ’s aura reading expires. Now, survivors have an option to perform these counters as there could be reasons for them not to, which brings me to my next point.
- It lets survivors and killers interact more. A lot of people will agree that the chases are the most fun part of the game. BBQ potentially let’s the killer begin their next chase immediately after hooking a survivor.
- It reduces the grind. We all know the grind is absolutely atrocious right now for new players. BBQ and to some extent WGLF seem to be such game changers in the grinding part of the game. Hopefully the grind gets fixed at some point anyway.
Comments
I like BBQ a lot. Very balanced perk and encourages fun interactions/gameplay.
I'm to the point that BBQ and Kindred mechanics should be given to each respective side, basekit.
That would be cool. Sadly I’d doubt they’d do that because since BBQ comes from a licensed killer, it will generate more money for BHVR if everyone wants the perk. Still though, I would be down with making it basekit.
Making it basekit and keeping BBQ to having the extra bloodpoints as is without extra effects feels alright to me.
More points is more points.
At this point I’ve used BBQ so many times that making it basekit won’t affect me at all because I always look for auras after hooks whether I have the perk or not.
Not to mention aura wise only a few killers can truly utilize it
Well yeah. Does not really matter though.
I have always said killers would be much stronger without BBQ so watch what you wish for. They don't listen.
They mean that Kilers won't feel obligated to use BBQ in favour for more stronger perks.
Strength wise, BBQ is good for tracking. But won't give you an immediate advantage. Unlike perks like Retribution or Bitter Murmur.
Ok. You said yourself if BBQ only read aura's killers would use other perks and that's right. You even mentioned some examples of some BETTER aura reading perks. That is not even mentioning the fact that if BBQ did not have to be run (for the grind) that it's a fourth perk slot opened up for anything (not just aura perks) but just stronger perks in general. Two perks that have synergy plus two more that synergy is a great build but guess what you only can build a 3 perk combo because of BBQ. So hopefully this elaboration shows you what I mean to killers would be stronger without BBQ. 4 great perks is better than 3 with a ######### aura perk just because it grants a BP bonus. Not sure what your rank is but at my rank you don't see much aura's with it.
OH and THEY are the NERF BBQ, every killer runs it, NERF NERF.
It always has been, since its release in 2017.
So your post is about how great bbq as anti-camp/anti tunnel, but it really isn't so how to fix bbq?
BBQ should grants your stack only if all survivors are alive and it will be absolutely brilliant anti-camp/anti tunnel perk that promotes fair play exactly how you describes in your post. It pretty much guarantees 3 stacks in average non-campy match. BP per stack also can be buffed up to 30%. BBQ absolutely shouldn't reward campers/tunnelers how it does now
NO. Can't tell you how many trials I have been in where one survivor can't be found due to the love they have for planting bushes, be locker Dwight, etc. Only way to get 4 stacks in those games would be to leave the other 3 alive to slaughter gens while you try and guess where the bush wacker is? NO thanks.