A Freddy Thing.

Can we please get classic, Robert Englund Freddy some day? I know it’s a whole rights thing but would BHVR try? This is bottom of the list of things this game needs, I know but a boy can dream. (No pun intended)

Comments

  • I wouldn't use it myself, but I think it should be done. Pretty sure many ANOES fans would like it, I just happen to prefer the remake over the original movies.

  • This is not the bottom of the list. It is near the top... In my extremely humble and respectful opinion.

  • @GeneralV said:

    I wouldn't use it myself, but I think it should be done. Pretty sure many ANOES fans would like it, I just happen to prefer the remake over the original movies.

    Even with old power? :0

  • If you take it from a lore perspective, it makes much more sense for 2010 Freddy to have his old power.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2377372#Comment_2377372

    If you take it from a lore perspective, it makes much more sense for 2010 Freddy to have his old power.

    They could leave his power or change it, that I don't mind. I just want red and green sweater with Robert Englunds look. I don't care for the remake but thats not the point.

  • @TheGhostofZgor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2377373#Comment_2377373

    They could leave his power or change it, that I don't mind. I just want red and green sweater with Robert Englunds look. I don't care for the remake but thats not the point.

    Ah well, in that case I am pretty sure he could be a skin, if the ANOES license wasn't such a mess.

  • @GeneralV said:

    I wouldn't use it myself, but I think it should be done. Pretty sure many ANOES fans would like it, I just happen to prefer the remake over the original movies.

    You know, I've always been a bit curious about this. What makes you like the remake of A Nightmare On Elm Street more than the original film?

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2377376#Comment_2377376

    Ah well, in that case I am pretty sure he could be a skin, if the ANOES license wasn't such a mess.

    There was some hope after the rights returned to Wes Cravens estate a few years ago but nothings happened since.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    This is not the bottom of the list. It is near the top... In my extremely humble and respectful opinion.

    I'm glad someones feeling where I'm coming from.

    25930.gif


  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2377362#Comment_2377362

    You know, I've always been a bit curious about this. What makes you like the remake of A Nightmare On Elm Street more than the original film?

    Well, there are many reasons, actually. From Freddy's appearance to the whole mystery of his innocence or not (which should have ended with Freddy being innocent, by the way).

    However, the one thing that matters the most is the remake's darker approach. I find it much better than Freddy's "funny" approach in the original movies (not every single scene had it, but you get the idea).

  • Id rather have a giant freddy with a poweglove attached messing with the match over the 2010 freddy

  • @GuyFawx said:

    Id rather have a giant freddy with a poweglove attached messing with the match over the 2010 freddy

    Or Super Freddy! But really theres a butt load of stuff from the movies to pull and I would totally use power glove Freddy.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2377387#Comment_2377387

    Well, there are many reasons, actually. From Freddy's appearance to the whole mystery of his innocence or not (which should have ended with Freddy being innocent, by the way).

    However, the one thing that matters the most is the remake's darker approach. I find it much better than Freddy's "funny" approach in the original movies (not every single scene had it, but you get the idea).

    I guess I can understand those reasons, although, Freddy was still pretty dark in the first two movies. It's only after the third that he started getting zany.

    But, where it falls apart is it's lack-luster characters and poor special effects. Not only that, but the reason I feel many dislike it is because it barely adds anything to the story. By far the best parts of the film was the micro-sleep, Quentin, and Freddy's proposed innocence. Because none of those were in the original movie.

    But sadly, those things weren't enough to save it from it's poor scores and overall being forgettable and bland.

  • I'm a simple guy. I'd settle for this. (I don't know who made it.)

    o9tkfc7ie0y41.png


  • The other thing to remember is that Robert England’s face would cost them a lot more money to get the permission to use while he would’ve been the preferred Freddy I really can’t see the renegotiating that contract to use it at this point. It would easily cost them more money than they would receive in the long run.