what's the deal with clown?

I've been seeing lots of complaints about how clown is weak and other stuff. When I play against him I think he's pretty good but I wanna get opinions from some players who main him.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Well, most importantly, he is broken right now. Direct hits from bottles don't always hinder Survivors, which has been an issue for a while now and nobody seems to care, as he is not a frequently played Killer.

  • The biggest problem with Clown and why I stopped playing him a lot is because his gas doesn't slow down vault speeds. Yeah he forces you to medium vault windows but he doesn't outright cancel vaults like a lot of other stronger killers like Doctor, Deathslinger, and Pyramid Head.

    If the survivor is already at a safe pallet you have to kick it as clown and with all of that time wasted you really wish you would have picked a character who can do something at good windows/pallets.

  • @Clowning said:

    Well, most importantly, he is broken right now. Direct hits from bottles don't always hinder Survivors, which has been an issue for a while now and nobody seems to care, as he is not a frequently played Killer.

    mhmm I see

  • @gendoss said:

    The biggest problem with Clown and why I stopped playing him a lot is because his gas doesn't slow down vault speeds. Yeah he forces you to medium vault windows but he doesn't outright cancel vaults like a lot of other stronger killers like Doctor, Deathslinger, and Pyramid Head.

    If the survivor is already at a safe pallet you have to kick it as clown and with all of that time wasted you really wish you would have picked a character who can do something at good windows/pallets.

    I never knew his gas could slow down vault speeds I just thought it cancels them like those other killers you mentioned.

  • @Clowning said:

    Well, most importantly, he is broken right now. Direct hits from bottles don't always hinder Survivors, which has been an issue for a while now and nobody seems to care, as he is not a frequently played Killer.

    this should be fixed in the next patch.

  • Thank you for letting us know. And I don't mean anything personal by this, since this has nothing to do with you, but I really do hope you are right, since we've heard this twice now and each time it took less than ten seconds to find out that this was not the case.

  • @Clowning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2376334#Comment_2376334

    Thank you for letting us know. And I don't mean anything personal by this, since this has nothing to do with you, but I really do hope you are right, since we've heard this twice now and each time it took less than ten seconds to find out that this was not the case.

    I understand that, and don't worry I am not taking this personally. I know a previous issue was fixed when the survivor was standing still when the gas hit them - and from what I am aware in the upcoming patch, it's also fixed if the survivor is moving.

  • Clown is very strong in chasing if you are willing to put the time and effort into learning where to best use both of his gasses effectivilly.

    He sadly also is very punishing and even the slightest of mistakes can cost you big time.

    Hence why most of the community thinks he's bad.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Clown is very strong in chasing if you are willing to put the time and effort into learning where to best use both of his gasses effectivilly.

    He sadly also is very punishing and even the slightest of mistakes can cost you big time.

    Hence why most of the community thinks he's bad.

    I wish they'd change his speed bottle to activate faster. They said the delay was to bait survivors into going back. But in all my games with him I've never seen a survivor do that.

    Not to mention that your bottles share the same count making switching quickly in a chase a waste of time. Which negates the usefulness of the speed in most situations unfortunately.

  • @MrCrazyCat62 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2376391#Comment_2376391

    I wish they'd change his speed bottle to activate faster. They said the delay was to bait survivors into going back. But in all my games with him I've never seen a survivor do that.

    Not to mention that your bottles share the same count making switching quickly in a chase a waste of time. Which negates the usefulness of the speed in most situations unfortunately.

    This is the biggest problem I have with him. The delay makes him so clunky. I still believe his speed bottle would be fine if not for the delay.