Make killer pip easier to attract people to play them

People play this game to win. (and have fun, sure)

Someone consider 4K is a win, another consider having fun is a win.

I believe most of players consider not to lose pip is a win.

Survivor is very easy to pip unless face camp or tunnel or something that killer have to do to not to lose a pip.

So, why not make killer pip easier?

After that, killer won't have sweaty game in every match.

They may choose some fun builds instead of ruin, pops every time, making the game more healthy.

Besides, the rank system is already a joke, this modification would not affect every aspect of this game.


6 hook for guarantee +0

8 hook for guarantee +1

10 hook for guarantee +2

I think that will be Okay!

Comments

  • I dont think making people rank faster will make them like playing killer more.

    If anything, new killers will hit the wall much sooner when they rank up too fast and face really good survivors who have much more experience.

    It will actually be less fun to play that it is even now imo

  • Well that wouldn't work, people would just get sweatier and sweatier trials as they rank up to where they shouldn't be

  • But how is it gonna make people more interested in plaing killer? And why do you want more people to play killers when queues are already long? And btw a 6 hook is pretty much a guarantee +0 already even in red ranks.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    I dont think making people rank faster will make them like playing killer more.

    If anything, new killers will hit the wall much sooner when they rank up too fast and face really good survivors who have much more experience.

    It will actually be less fun to play that it is even now imo

    That's the problem.

    The system give me 4 red rank survivor as I'm a R12 killer.

    Like I said, the rank system is already a joke.

    Would BE fix that? I don't think so.

    So why not make killer pip easier, just like survivor.

  • @vacaman said:

    But how is it gonna make people more interested in plaing killer? And why do you want more people to play killers when queues are already long? And btw a 6 hook is pretty much a guarantee +0 already even in red ranks.

    Your queue as killer is long...!?

    Which server you're playing at?

    I think I should immigrate and play survivor in there.

  • It shouldn't really be easier but more concistant and streamlined.

    Pipping as plague is a nightmare

    On the other hand I am fairly certain i could go from rank 20 to 1 as Legion without ever killing a survivor if i played long enough

    Improved matchmaking is what would make killer more enjoyable for more people so people who play for fun and giggles aren't going up against the people who want to play as effective as possible

  • So you want us all to have bunch of noobs in red ranks? Good idea

  • @justbecause said:

    So you want us all to have bunch of noobs in red ranks? Good idea

    Dude. There are already bunch of noob survivors in red rank. lol

  • This game already has issues of people ranking up to fast resulting in the match making feeding them to the wolves.

    Aka a yellow rank survivor team VS Otz

    or

    Yellow rank killer Vs Team Oracle type of one sided slaughter.

    Yet you want to make this WORSE for killers!?

  • @OniHatesSWF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2372223#Comment_2372223

    Dude. There are already bunch of noob survivors in red rank. lol

    Wouldn't that mean there would be even more with your idea? Isn't that a bad idea?

  • @OniHatesSWF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2372207#Comment_2372207

    Your queue as killer is long...!?

    Which server you're playing at?

    I think I should immigrate and play survivor in there.

    In EUW killer queues are long af

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2372230#Comment_2372230

    Wouldn't that mean there would be even more with your idea? Isn't that a bad idea?

    How?

    An easier pip provide good feedback to the player after a sweaty game.

    Do you know why survivors have to wait 10 mins for having a game?

    Because killer have a sweaty game, 8 hooks in the match, think he has done a pretty good job, then +0.

    Why do I play killer for this sh*t?

  • Trust me, if you make killer easier to pip, the new killers will uninstall the game faster than you can say: SWF Deathsquad

  • @Tsulan said:

    Trust me, if you make killer easier to pip, the new killers will uninstall the game faster than you can say: SWF Deathsquad

    System give SWF or strong survivors to a killer anyway, no matter what rank you are in.

    It's the problem of rank system.

    The killer will uninstall the game due to strong survivor. He always do that. Even before the modification.

  • No, you shouldn't make it easier to pip. But Killers shouldn't be ######### over with the pipping system either.

    I don't like the Pipping system myself, I think the embems system forces both sides to play in a way that can sometimes be detrimental to them. But this isn't how to fix it.

  • @OniHatesSWF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2372262#Comment_2372262

    System give SWF or strong survivors to a killer anyway, no matter what rank you are in.

    It's the problem of rank system.

    The killer will uninstall the game due to strong survivor. He always do that. Even before the modification.

    The game usually gets gradually harder. Making it easier to pip, the killers could face red rank death squads within their first 2 weeks.

    Red ranks can be extremely frustrating.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    No, you shouldn't make it easier to pip. But Killers shouldn't be ######### over with the pipping system either.

    I don't like the Pipping system myself, I think the embems system forces both sides to play in a way that can sometimes be detrimental to them. But this isn't how to fix it.

    I think 8 hooks in a game is really good. But 8 hooks mean +0 for a killer in most of time.

    That's truly detrimental to killers. Really bad feedback, resulting in long queue time for survivors.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2372267#Comment_2372267

    The game usually gets gradually harder. Making it easier to pip, the killers could face red rank death squads within their first 2 weeks.

    Red ranks can be extremely frustrating.

    A noob survivor can reach red rank in their first week due to their easy ranking, and face overwhelming R1 killer who would destroy them.

    Apparently, BE think it's not even a problem.

    So why not do the same thing to killer.

    At least the killer get good feedback. More people will try.

  • Pip quicker ... meet people that will crush you because they are better... yeah that will help them quit playing killer.

    Make it more fun, less stressful, more enjoyable, etc. Will make people play killer not ranking up and experience more pressure from survivors popping gens left right and center, better loopers, etc.

  • @OniHatesSWF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2372274#Comment_2372274

    A noob survivor can reach red rank in their first week due to their easy ranking, and face overwhelming R1 killer who would destroy them.

    Apparently, BE think it's not even a problem.

    So why not do the same thing to killer.

    At least the killer get good feedback. More people will try.

    A survivor can get to those ranks, because he gets carried by the team. When he plays with good teammates, that belong to those ranks, they will still carry him and not all of his matches will be a horrible experience.

    The killer has no one who carries him.

  • Killer pips are already easy enough to obtain because they're directly linked into their gameplay.

  • To be fair we need a harder pip and rank system again.

    The best and quickest solution I heard was to just make the Rank Reset harder. Make people drop not only one color but 10 Ranks (safe for rank 20 and 19 for absulte beginners). Because it takes some time to move up the ladder again this would make a difference in playtime matter and for the most time playtime is equal experience and skill in this game.

    Quicker climb for Killers would just be sad. If I would try to learn Nurse right now I would have to derank quiet a bit befor I reach a region where I get survivors who are maybe evenly matched with me because I am that bad at Nurse. Now if I would climb faster then this would be in no way representative for the ammount of skill I gain.

  • this is such an insane request, how does your mind work man.....

  • I played against a killer (that dcd) yesterday who was rank 5 at 36 hours, I don't think pipping killer is nearly as hard as people make it out to be, if someone with less than 50 hours can pip up so quickly it shows how absolutely useless it is and how little an incentive it is for people.

  • But... Being rank 1 is pointless. Its already easy to pip as killer, if you put new players against rank 1 survivors they gonna be disgusted of the game in 1 day.

  • IMO pipping as Killer is already easier than Survivor. I get way more Double-Pips as Killer (very rarely as Survivor) and I rarely Depip. Even if 4 people escape, I am more likely to get a Blackpip than a Depip.

    The only thing that should change is that Emblems should be reconsidered for some Killers. Like, I should not get punished with a bad Emblem because I go Chainsaw-only as Billy. I remember when I tried to get his Adept, I did not get it because I used my Chainsaw two times (!!) on healthy Survivors.

    I should also not get punished as Plague if the Survivors decide not to cleanse, which means that I have less Health States to remove, which hurt my Emblem as well.

    So for individual Killers, the Emblem System should get some Tweaks. But not for Killer overall.

  • Yeah I don't want to rank too fast, Hit rank 1 and get the ######### beat out of me by a Rank 1 Sweat Squad.

  • It's already easier to pip as killer than survivor so I dont think that would fix anything.